Asia P

I am losing all my interests and passions and i am scared

69 posts in this topic

Hi, I am 17, almost 18 years old, and i am slowly losing all my passions, hobbies, and interests since i had my first awakening. Now i am starting to be a little scared because i am becoming apathic also with friends, family, relationships and people in general. I'm also not much able to do everyday things, like studying, go to the supermarket, getting dressed. The only things that i think that i whould do with pleasure are meditation, sleeping, eating and cleaning myself. (Honestly, i am also intrested into experiencing for the first time psychedelics, but they are not so easy to get for me) I am also quite intollerant with other people, i prefere to be alone rather than with friends, family etc.

Is this phisiological/normal, during a spiritual path? Do someone of you have the same situation?

Edited by Asia P

Your definition of what family is can certainly change. It doesn’t have to be blood relatives. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

I'm going to give my usual recommendation which is to read Jedi McKenna, at least the first trilogy. It should help you to orient yourself and figure out what you want or don't want:

https://www.wisefoolpress.com/the-enlightenment-trilogy/

Best wishes

I would also recommend watching the original Star Wars trilogy first. All the other endless movies and books and TV shows and toys and Legos are optional. 

Also, how can a fool also be wise? Oh, Luke Skywalker! 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It's a transition, trust the proccess but don't self indulge too much either, a balance has to be struk. For the moment, your whole ego and mind is getting transformed, like reforming a house. Let things settle down, then you will be fine. Allow the settling and act once it's done, and do what you can in the meanwhile. But neither act in the reform, nor stay passive after it.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

It's something that happens every so often, things fall away. It happens to everyone but you are more conscious of it, and perhaps it's happening more quickly as you are developing more quickly. 

You are not only a passenger in life.

It's up to you to cultivate new interests, friendships, and careers. Otherwise, you'll be sat alone in a room miserable. - Even if those interests are solitary and you are more comfortable alone as some are.

Edited by BlueOak

@Asia P You must be careful not to turn spirituality into a bypass or form of escape from managing your survival and life.

If you struggle to get dressed, what good is your spirituality?

Spirituality is good, but at your age you need to put a lot of time and energy into just mastering survival. Build a decent life for yourself. Don't just sit around hoping that your life will get great all by itself. It won't. You have to put work into it.

Be careful about neglecting core areas of your life like family, relationships, career, building skills, sex, friendship, finances, diet, fitness, health, etc. You have to invest energy into all these in addition to whatever spiritual work you do.

It's very hard to be happy if you neglect all those areas and only do spirituality. You can get yourself trapped that way.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Asia P You must be careful not to turn spirituality into a bypass or form of escape from managing your survival and life.

Spirituality is good, but at your age you need to put a lot of time and energy into just mastering survival. Build a decent life for yourself. Don't just sit around hoping that your life will get great all by itself. It won't. You have to put work into it.

Be careful about neglecting core areas of your life like family, relationships, career, building skills, sex, friendship, finances, diet, fitness, health, etc. You have to invest energy into all these in addition to whatever spiritual work you do.

It's very hard to be happy if you neglect all those areas and only do spirituality. You can get yourself trapped that way.

@Leo Gura what are you focusing on building in your life, these days?

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm curious What is the difference between "living in accordance with 'What Is'" and "spiritual bypassing"?

As I understandthe earlier is suggested by many spiritual teachers/people.. But  "spiritual bypassing" is highly discouraged in psychology.

There are actually sages here in India who can literally survive on light and breath alone . Because they fully embodied godhood .

Imo spirituality comes before survival. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

15 hours ago, Asia P said:

Is this phisiological/normal, during a spiritual path? Do someone of you have the same situation?

It's normal, I've been there. My tip would be that you have to do hatha yoga with deep breathing. You need to help your body to move energies trough nadi channels. These "stuck" energies always direct what you do and what you don't. If they are stuck in a weird way that makes you live differently. If everything is OK and the prana flows freely through your body no problems would occur. But this takes some time and you will have to go through hard times. There is no way around it. The ego purification process if very difficult to go through. I've been there, believe me. Also there is a concept of "The Dark Night of the Soul" read about it on google.

For you to have a purpose you need a EGO, and your Ego started to "melt", so you no longer feel any purpose. I remember when I was at a pool table playing 8-ball with my friends I didn't want to play, because it felt pointless. And then I realized that in order to play you need the "Need" to win, and the need comes from somebody that wants it, but if there is no ego, there is nobody that "wants to win". To have that you need a big Ego. You are dissolving it little by little and there no longer is a point for doing anything because there is nobody that "does it" If you get my point here. Don't be afraid of it, you will feel weird, but I would recommend that you bite the bullet and accept yourself for who you are, even when others see you as "weird".

And yeah do what Leo wrote. Master your survival, don't ignore friends and family. If friends are stupid, make new ones. You might feel like you want to be alone now, but believe me being alone for a very long time can destroy your life for your ego (the body, and your psyche). You are the "Soul/Consciousness/Spirit" living through this body (the Ego), but this body has it's psychological needs, don't ignore them. Happy Ego = Happy Soul. I've made this mistake of going all in on solitude, but once you go through shit and end up in the other side you come back to society a better human, and you will want to involve yourself in society, being the Light.

Edited by inFlow
bonus

Mahadev

39 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo Gura what are you focusing on building in your life, these days?

I'm not. Because I already went through that.

I spent 2 decades building my life. Many of you guys haven't.

If you are 18, you need to spend at least 10 years grinding to build up a decent life. But realistically more like 20 years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Asia P  I did go through something very similar, it's called the dark night of the soul in some circles (but has no special meaning). It took me a very long time to get out of it. Best you can do is be patient with yourself. Leo's advice is important in order to not get stuck and totally isolated, you'll learn to appreciate people again. Make sure to stay on the move, go on walks, to the forest, lakes, this will keep you going.

16 hours ago, Asia P said:

Not to this extent.  Sure, some interests and habits can change, but not to the point where you're neglecting everyday things.

That's a sign that something is wrong.  I don't know the precise nature of your awakening, but it's possible it has brought up issues for you to deal with.  Sometimes things come up and we get overwhelmed in life and we have to focus on what has come up.  Also, something physical could be happening (maybe there's some vitamin deficiency or an illness.)

Of course, like Leo has pointed out, you're young and things change quickly at that age, but it shouldn't be this extreme.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are 18, you need to spend at least 10 years grinding to build up a decent life. But realistically more like 20 years.

@Leo Gurai don´t think you ever stop building one´s life

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

At what put did you stop investing so much time into building your life. Was it just when your survival became automated? Like you got to a point where you had systems in place that practically ran themselves? Or was it other stuff too, like filling it up with as much many new experiences as possible.

Edited by Francis777

Take a break, be a normal human for a while and integrate your insights.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

How come? If it is a genuine insight or awakening, and that's not a small if, your problems are a function of how your mind relates to the increased consciousness, not the awareness itself. That's for one. About your relating, your presumed awakening should have likely provided a better stance from which to contemplate what that whole domain is about, increasing your effectiveness within it. Then there's the domain of emotions which I haven't looked into.

In short, work out why that's happening for you. It might not be related to awakening but is perhaps an activity you are willingly generating, yet remain ignorant of. If it's physiological, that's for a professional to test out. Might be hormone balances, etc. After an increase in consciousness, your capacity to enjoy things is likely to be facilitated by the discovery, as you are freed from previous burdens you didn't know you carried. 

So lighten up and enjoy. 

Edited by UnbornTao

@Asia PWhat is happening to you is rather normal. An awakening can make you reconsider your values and desires and you will find it natural to chanche your behaviour accordingly.

Nevertheless, you must know that leaving your obbligations unresolved will hinder your ability to concentrate on what you want.
Spirituality truly flourishes when all areas of your life are in check and and troubles are kept at bay. You should pay the price for the moment, then it will be a downslide.

20 hours ago, Asia P said:

Hi, I am 17, almost 18 years old, and i am slowly losing all my passions, hobbies, and interests since i had my first awakening. Now i am starting to be a little scared because i am becoming apathic also with friends, family, relationships and people in general. I'm also not much able to do everyday things, like studying, go to the supermarket, getting dressed. The only things that i think that i whould do with pleasure are meditation, sleeping, eating and cleaning myself. (Honestly, i am also intrested into experiencing for the first time psychedelics, but they are not so easy to get for me) I am also quite intollerant with other people, i prefere to be alone rather than with friends, family etc.

To me you're too young to be at such a stage because you haven't yet lived or experienced all that life has to offer.  There is a whole door to life that you are leaving unopened.  You need to first go through that door, and come out the other side, having experienced life.  Then you can talk about passions being exhausted.   I think personally, because of your age that this is just a passing phase.  It is, however, possible that you are simply just an old soul- having already lived through countless iterations.   I find this unlikely though. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Asia P My suggestion is for you to put spirituality on the back burner until you get your life together. Then come back to it once you are "settled in". Why I'm saying is this because spirituality should complement your life purpose not conflict with it.