EdgeGod900

Loyalty to Leo's teachings

31 posts in this topic

Obviously you should almost always verify every advice that's given to you. Even Leo advocates for his followers to look for other gurus to "cross-referencing" his ideas.

But the best boxers in the world usually only stuck with one coach for most of their career, without much cross-referencing with other coaches. Gervonta Davis had Calvin Ford for 20 years, Mike Tyson had Cus for almost a decade, Mayweather Jr. had his father for almost all of his career, etc... Even tho boxing and self development are two different things, I feel like there's a continuity between them, especially with the people supporting you.

So the question is how would you balance between non consensus view from cross-referencing vs loyalty, because I feel like there's a benefit to being loyal that Leo doesn't seem to emphasize?

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

When it comes to personal development, you can be loyal, as they are based mostly on logical systems and improvement in performance can be measured easily.

When it comes to Spirituality, you shouldn't be loyal, as Spirituality arises and answers mostly from within you rather than based on something outside of you like a guru.

Your loyalty should be to Truth, not to me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You're not interracting with Leo daily face-to-face, the teachings given in text or video format are mostly not procedural or embodied in nature unlike physical sports, although you can certainly gain a lot by having a spiritual guru that gives you those things. Nevertheless, when the teachings are conceptual and processed alone, your focus should not be loyalty, but depth of understanding, which takes time, effort and openmindedness (which can look like loyality).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Leo is great, but your gonna need more teachers than him.

Fuck being “Loyal” to any teacher. 

Be Loyal to what’s True

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

As the saying goes, don't follow the sages but what the sages follow

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

In Death there is no one to cross-reference but Itself.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

Being loyal to a true Guru (not spiritual teacher) can be very effective if you find the right one. If you find the right one and then continue to listen to this person, that person - it can complicate things.

Edited by Brandon Nankivell

I am not loyal to Leo. What sick fuck takes a shit all over his carpet and enjoys it over his hot girlfriend??! Which doctor should Leo see???

If you’d actually take a shit like that to “out-doo-doo”Leo, please weee you gtfoutta here?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Yimpa

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

@EdgeGod900

On 2023-12-15 at 4:03 AM, EdgeGod900 said:

Obviously you should almost always verify every advice that's given to you. Even Leo advocates for his followers to look for other gurus to "cross-referencing" his ideas.

But the best boxers in the world usually only stuck with one coach for most of their career, without much cross-referencing with other coaches. Gervonta Davis had Calvin Ford for 20 years, Mike Tyson had Cus for almost a decade, Mayweather Jr. had his father for almost all of his career, etc... Even tho boxing and self development are two different things, I feel like there's a continuity between them, especially with the people supporting you.

So the question is how would you balance between non consensus view from cross-referencing vs loyalty, because I feel like there's a benefit to being loyal that Leo doesn't seem to emphasize?

Loyalty to TRUE, CONSCIOUSNESS, LOVE and, 'I DON'T KNOW.'.

Also pyrrhonism.

@EdgeGod900

Here we have a good example.

Be loyal to yourself because you are the extreme authority of your own experience.

@CARDOZZO

Just now, CARDOZZO said:

@EdgeGod900

Be loyal to yourself because you are the extreme authority of your own experience.

That video is so fucking triggering...

5 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Sorry, bud. But Leo told me not to be loyal to me. 

4 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@EdgeGod900

Like this video is so triggering because one of the few threads I started here in this forum got locked for either low quality for simple questions, when I'm just inquiring about the video. Also started some bad relations with a few past mods like @Forestluv and past @Nahm from just that. It's amazing how that thumbnail triggers me back into memory lane I don't want to go to...

On 12/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, Carl-Richard said:

You're not interracting with Leo daily face-to-face, the teachings given in text or video format are mostly not procedural or embodied in nature unlike physical sports, although you can certainly gain a lot by having a spiritual guru that gives you those things.

Thank you.  It's an invalid analogy.  Leo broadcasts one-to-many, coaching is one-to-one.

That's closer to just adopting a religion than it is being coached or trained.  The coach will get to know you and have a good idea what you really need.  Leo doesn't know you from Adam.  

@Carl-Richard @SeaMonster  I kinda had it in the back of my head that Leo's videos aren't specific to one person, but I thought there's still some chance that there's a direct correlation between his videos and an actual coach. Thinking about it now, my very first video of his related to my current situation at the time, like every string of sentences he was saying was directly connected to my situation -- so it felt like a 1-to-1 advice, that the ideas from that video stuck with me for 1-2 years, and I actually didn't even consume any other content of his during that time. Literally every single day I kept hearing all the cool paradigm shifts he said, in my head, subconsciouly. Like I wasn't doing no affirmations or visualizations or none of that, the concepts just stuck that it even gives me goosebumps right now just thinking about that moment.

So the second best thing, it seems, if he can't coach me 1-to-1, is to only watch the videos that genuinely relates to my situation(to the tee) in that moment.

@CARDOZZO I'm currently watching it. I wish Leo's site had a better search system where I don't need to type the exact word of the title -- maybe he could embed the search results from youtube when searching for his videos there. Probably would have seen it sooner then.

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

47 minutes ago, EdgeGod900 said:

So the second best thing, it seems, if he can't coach me 1-to-1, is to only watch the videos that genuinely relates to my situation(to the tee) in that moment.

That's actually a pretty good strategy to go forward with.  Remember what you experienced when you found material that you felt applied to you, and if you come across that again, try it out and see what results you get.

On 15/12/2023 at 8:15 PM, Carl-Richard said:

You're not interracting with Leo daily face-to-face, the teachings given in text or video format are mostly not procedural or embodied in nature unlike physical sports, although you can certainly gain a lot by having a spiritual guru that gives you those things. Nevertheless, when the teachings are conceptual and processed alone, your focus should not be loyalty, but depth of understanding, which takes time, effort and openmindedness (which can look like loyality).

carl    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo