Leo Gura

Leo's Geography Challenge - Mega-Thread

139 posts in this topic

Many many many more. If anyone wants i'll post 150 + more docs from different countries and cultures

Edited by LoneWonderer

17 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Make a YouTube playlist or document of some kind and link it

Good Idea 👍

1 hour ago, Phil King said:

Make a YouTube playlist or document of some kind and link it

Here it is I'll keep adding videos:

6 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

I'm part Armenian! Hope to visit one day. Looks beautiful. 

P.S. if your there now be save, the conflict with Azerbaijan sounds awfully hairy.

Hi. It's nice to know you. Thanks.

Recently, the situation has gotten more brutal. I'm not that involved in politics (mostly ignorant of it) or any kind of movement, as it messes people's minds up too fast. Too much groupthink and too little self-reflection.

Edited by Understander

@Vibes

22 hours ago, Vibes said:

A few days ago I was going to ask you to share your best documentaries with us haha

By the way, thanks for bringing John Mearsheimer to my attention. He's very open-minded and honest. 

I've searched his name on spotify and downloaded a bunch of podcasts he participates in.

Excuse me, but I'm the first one in this forum to have introduced John Mearsheimer. Leo saw it and made a blog in one of the Russia/Ukraine threads. Credit to me first.

@CARDOZZO

4 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

@Vibes Don't take this guy/girl/alien/whatever seriously.

He did the same shit with me.

Awe, u feelins stil hurch that I saib somthink bat ubout your idol daniel Schmachtenberger? Buddy, it's a critique, and an argument yo dodged in that thread. Admit defeat, grow up and move on.

This is a fun challenge! I'll bite.

(I think there are online travel trackers you can use too, though I haven't found a good one yet.)

I really like this video:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

OMG, I love geography!!! I often wonder what life is like in different locations either as myself or as someone born and raised in the local culture.

@Willie

15 minutes ago, Willie said:

OMG, I love geography!!! I often wonder what life is like in different locations either as myself or as someone born and raised in the local culture.

Me too. If Jupiter had life, most organisms in it's planetary environment would evolve to fly, or 'swim', or have gaseous or cloudy forms that can shift forms. Imagine a school of fish, but bits of clouds, and bigger or stranger shaped clouds as predators preying in other cloud particles.

If you're in college, befriend international college students, or even just talk to your professors if they're from different cultures. There is a difference between learning facts about a culture and actually interacting with someone from that culture. There are subtle nuances about how people communicate, react to things, tolerate things, etc., that you can only get by interacting with them. Of course, you can't possibly meet people from all cultures in your country, but if you want to choose depth over breadth, that's the way (if not visiting the cultures yourself).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.