Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Nabd said:

At the end of the day I think we can all agree that killings of middle easterners is normalized in the western world.

We can argue all day long about Hamas being a terrorist group or not but the world clearly doesn't care about this part of the world being colonized or killed in millions. That is the opening to understand why violence is the only language. That's how people hear them.

You can't just treat people worse than animals and have them bombed and cut food and water either in Gaza or in other places and then act all surprised when they retaliate in brutal ways. It is actually a miracle that there are not that much terrorist attacks in Europe or the US.

One big advantage Muslims have is that they are generally much braver than any other enemy. They just don't care when their dignity is at stake. They would infiltrate the enemy, cause massive damage and wouldn't think twice before blowing himself up as he run out of ammo.

Not All muslims are like that, we have our shares of cowards too.  We are easily triggered and we have huge illiteracy .  
Companies that sells guns are the profitee from this shithole. 

55 minutes ago, Scholar said:

This is not necessarily true, see the post above where I describe self-perpetuating dynamics.

There is a reason for Israeli policy. While some of it is irrational right wing nonsense (which also has it's causes), much of it simply is a result of the dynamic at play. If you are going to pretend Israel is an all powerful god like entity that will not be biased towards itself then you are not engaging with reality in a way that will lead to positive outcomes for anyone. You should take some time and read up on the history of the conflict and what lead up to the decisions being made, from a perspective that is biased towards Israel.

You're literally 'both-sides'-ing an apartheid regime under a false pretense of neutrality. While it's legitimate to point out that groups like Hamas are bad actors who are making the situation worse, there's no version of Reality where the power dynamics aren't overwhelmingly in favor of the Israeli state over the captive Palestinian population that's being held under a military occupation.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts

25 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

You're literally 'both-sides'-ing an apartheid regime under a false pretense of neutrality. While it's legitimate to point out that groups like Hamas are bad actors who are making the situation worse, there's no version of Reality where the power dynamics aren't overwhelmingly in favor of the Israeli state over the captive Palestinian population that's being held under a military occupation.

Exactly my point against this google scholar, both siding Israel/Palestinian conflict, ignores the power dynamics and asymmetrical power differences that let Israel abuse Palestinians and oppress them via Zionism ethnostate pursuit. Again, sometimes nuance bro and agnostics has it's place and time referencing Spiral Dynamics as another pivoting Gish galloping to avoid and distract from the real and local issue of the Palestine/Israel conflict, but not when it's clear one place is more powerful than another and abuses their power.

Peterson went from calling for genocide to this stupid post. How is he such a pretentious fuck nowadays, nobody buys his sanctimonious speech...

Edited by Socrates

First reports of small groups of Israeli special forces having entered Gaza trying to locate hostages. Godspeed!

45 minutes ago, Nabd said:

At this point I am just worried about my chances of going to Europe. Those shouting anti-Jewish slogans should trade place with people in Gaza and the middle east so they can try and actualize their slogans.

Seeing the father who was happy because he was told that his daughter was dead, since the other option would be that she was in the hands of demons, has convinced me forever. There are no nuances here. It is the fight against demons. 

If one day I see that Israelis commit multiple rapes and then torture the victim while laughing and after that thousands of other Israelis take to the streets to celebrate, then I will think that this is a conflict on the same level. meanwhile, I will think that it is a conflict of demons against humans 

If I were Israeli, now I would be waiting to go in to kill demons and die if it's necessary

Edited by Breakingthewall

53 minutes ago, Nabd said:

At this point I am just worried about my chances of going to Europe

I hope you get it. a guy like you is welcome anywhere

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Peterson went from calling for genocide to this stupid post. How is he such a pretentious fuck nowadays, nobody buys his sanctimonious speech...

Dude should stick to psychology.

Both sides are filled with collective traumas. This situation will be difficult to resolve.

10 minutes ago, nuwu said:

Both sides are filled with collective traumas. This situation will be difficult to resolve.

This can’t be solved with politicians. Maybe try with psychiatrists.

2 hours ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

That guy misrepresents, like many. Let's see, if Hamas had bombed Tel Aviv and killed 100 thousand people, and then in Yemen, Pakistan, Iran, etc., it had been celebrated, I would think...well, maybe they have reasons for it, war. But if they have tortured and killed families, gang raped girls and then tortured them and diffused the videos and all the Arabs celebrate, I say: demons. Even if it were only two girls against 200,000 dead in a bombing to expell the Jews and recover the land, it is completely different. One thing is do the war, bomb and kill to expell the enemy, and another rape and torture for hate, and celebrate it.

On 10/7/2023 at 3:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

This is def not a false flag.

Don't start with that.

Exactly!!!

• Feminist 

Gabor Maté who has jewish descent and is a Holocaust survivor shares his stance of the zionist oppression of the Palestinian people. 

Edited by Explore
Deserved a comment of the share of video

3 hours ago, Socrates said:

"You should resign and spend the next two decades in a convent, repenting of your sins."

Lol. JP is so comically whiney.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

As someone who has generally preferred to avoid the circularity of most political discourse (but who is now trying to make sense of what's going on ATM), I really appreciated the thoughtfulness and compassionate nature of this take, including the willingness to look at the bigger picture and to see and feel the pain of the other side in the most direct of ways, and taking pains to understand why people have become as violent and desperate as they have.

Hats off to him for putting in the work, being willing to change and to grow, and breaking the cycle on a personal, emotional level, and at the level of perspective.

Edited by eos_nyxia

The Muslims of the world do not celebrate because they are in solidarity with the oppressed Palestinians, that is a total lie, it does not matter to them, what hurts and traumatizes them enormously is the military humiliations suffered in the 6-day war and Yom Kippur, they cannot live with that rage and humiliation, that make them feel a shit, inferior.  but they do not dare to go for more, because they know that they have to return humiliated again and again at the hands of a smaller enemy. then they are happy about the violations and tortures of kids. 

As has been said here, they should go to the psychologist