Leo Gura

Psychonauts Unite! -- Share Top Lessons You Learned From Your Tripping

136 posts in this topic

Reality just IS, whatever you do about it IS who you ARE. You create your self out of infinity by carving limitations/beliefs/etc (This allows for form and a sense of "grounded reality" to APPEAR true). 

You (as the Ego) ARE a perspective on INFINITY, but the Ego is so deluded/foolish to believe that it is actually REAL (LOL)

God.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Fluran said:

by construct-awareness, means being aware that everyone is playing a game or dreaming and not aware of themselves, especially in high-level of construct awareness, being construct-aware means also feeling that I am outside of the game/social-reality

Dude you can't just give it random defnititions. Did you even read the paper? https://www.actualized.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/9-levels-of-ego-development-cook-greuter.pdf

I don't really get what you're writting. I dunno I did the courses also, I don't care I am amazed at times. I am also out of this, now this is supposed to be about psychdelics, but yeah. It's okay, they work for me. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

1 minute ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Dude you can't just give it random defnititions. Did you even read the paper? https://www.actualized.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/9-levels-of-ego-development-cook-greuter.pdf

I don't really get what you're writting and at this point I won't care. People are not playing a game, I get the perspective for sure, yet there is still physical reality.

yeah, it's based on cook greuter's model. strategiest(yellow) construct aware (yellow/turquoise) unitive stage (turquoise?)

I am not sure if what i experienced is same as Construct-aware, but It must be construct(game) aware, 
people are playing a game,  a giant complex board game which is society. 

there are loots of texts from you that are valuable and giving me insights, not so much time to answer :(

Some Insights and Lessons :)

1. Sometimes you just gotta change the song you're listening to in order to improve your trip. 

2. You will freak yourself out at times and that's OK. Shift in your God Self and you will be alright. 

3. Journal your damn insights, you will forget a lot of what you've experienced.

4. Always have a trusted, understanding person you can call in case you need grounding (safety purposes). 

5. Physical safety is way more important than you realise. Take it seriously. 

6. If you're not meant to be tripping, your trip will let you know.

7. Earn your trip. Do lots of inner work before you do another one.

8. Tripping can make the ego very fragile, that's OK, it's all part of it.

9. Don't do a higher dose just because then you'd finish the rest of the batch. Be strict with dosage. In other words don't dose out of convenience, dose deliberately and wisely.

10. IT'S WORTH IT! Even if the trip sets you back energy-wise, momentum-wise, God's Love is WORTH IT. There's nothing quite like it. I have to remind my ego of this plenty!

Edited by ConsciousMan

13 minutes ago, Fluran said:

yeah, it's based on cook greuter's model. strategiest(yellow) construct aware (yellow/turquoise) unitive stage (turquoise?)

I am not sure if what i experienced is same as Construct-aware, but It must be construct(game) aware, 
people are playing a game,  a giant complex board game which is society. 

there are loots of texts from you that are valuable and giving me insights, not so much time to answer :(

Construct-Aware is turqouise, unitive is everything beyond turqouise, turqouise still has ego. TIER 3 is without ego, there is a distinction between state-stages and structure-stages in that sense peaks and permanent development. I would not worry, just read up on the fundamentals I did even one course from Ken Wilber and did even practices before that, and consumed audiobooks en masse as I was so amazed when I first heard about the stages of growth. 

It would be cool if there is a little more clarity. No need to be some technical freakshow, the essentials are sufficient. Yet I could not tell how serious your post was, as it sounded very odd and very mechanistic. Terri O'Fallons defnitions are also great and actually my new favorite! I am not some serious scientist, I just read up on this and consumed a lot of this. 

What you most likely witnessed is n'th perspective of context/content and just could abstract endlessly that is fundamentally the cognitive growth of these stages & systems in systems in systems thinking etc. So very high TQ,Yellow + & beyond possbily and the lower stages also. That does not include morals and emotions! Which are important. 

I mean... if you see ego as an processing unit and you can witness how humans function in society and see how disillusioned they are...etc. That is imo a great and quiet mature perspective... 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

What do you think about it?

NDE = Near Death Experience.

psyche.png

Edited by CARDOZZO

On 7/16/2023 at 10:14 PM, ConsciousMan said:

10. IT'S WORTH IT! Even if the trip sets you back energy-wise, momentum-wise, God's Love is WORTH IT. There's nothing quite like it. I have to remind my ego of this plenty!

Definitely.

Don't let bad trips scare you so much you never take psychedelics again. But of course don't push yourself either, which is you also noted:

On 7/16/2023 at 10:14 PM, ConsciousMan said:

6. If you're not meant to be tripping, your trip will let you know.

But this also applies beyond trips of course. Stay grounded. Become wise enough to know when to take a break from psychedelics.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

I want us to call ourselves psycho nuts instead.

Sailing on the ceiling 

Explained simply: How you experience yourself during your first trips (or low dose trips) is how you will, after enough development, experience yourself in normal waking life say 5-10 years down the line.

Explained more in depth: Perceptions and sensations that you experience over the course of a trip (the way you feel, think, and relate to the world) are how you will perceive and sense reality as a baseline in the future if you do personal development / consciousness training properly and efficiently. 

Ever since my first trips in 2019/20, I'd say the intelligent ways in which I thought/felt/functioned on the substance then are about 60% baseline, normal ways of functioning at present. 

For example, on my first and second ever trips I tripped in my college apt. Not the perfect environ, but it did the trick. I experienced all kinds of visual distortions and enhanced sensations. For example, as I was eating the oven-baked pizza I watched the tomato sauce ooze out from a pocket in the dough and could literally feel it oozing, on top of the most vivid tomato taste ever. One of my friends and his girlfriend came over, and I got a super good read on their EXACT emotional states based on their facial/body language. 

Today, objects look sharper 24/7, they have more of a vapor-like quality, dissolving the real/illusion boundary to a degree. When I concentrate, food tastes more real. I have a pretty good read on people based on how they hold themselves; less aspects or reality are taken as normal or 'whatever'. I can feel my mind's entanglement with the world more clearly. In the past it took a few mushrooms to get to all that. Now it's the norm.

Psychedelics can show you where you're headed if you follow-up on it. :)

Edited by WonderSeeker

I wish I had known from start that the awakened state is for most people not permanent and that I'm back to normal the day after so that I don't have to think that I'm stuck while tripping. Another thing is being clear about ones Intention. If you want to get insights then that should make the intention to do so.

Also as safety protokol: perpare enough food and drink for 12 hours or how long it should last so you don't have to worry or make the effort to prepare food while trippin hard.

As an obvious macro-level insight: Using psychedelics safely and effectively requires most of all high maturity. The more mature you are, the less likely you are to experience a bad trip and more likely to improve your life or make progress with your spiritual endeavors. 

When that factor’s checked, all the other practical details fall into place and your tripping can take it’s most safe and effective form.

Emphasizes the role of self-improvement work, trauma healing and life experience as a pathway to a successful psychonaut career :)

Don't take the trip and the messege you get too seriously. If you feel like you have awakened and Awakening = more suffering you haven't actually Awoken.  Just because you experience something doesn't mean you are it.

If you have a bad trip observe you resisting it and trying to make it go away. It's okey to not be able to let go, it's a part of the process. 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Sometimes instead of geometry I see perfect images of faces on my trips, thousands of them, and I realize that is not difficult to consciousness generate faces of other people from scratch. I even see my own face in many expressions, like, my own face is held in consciousness as a figment. An infinite library of shapes,contrasts,shadows,on and on. If one would construct a perfect dreamscape one would need not only a defined amount of shapes,colors,movements,perspectives,sounds,smells,feelings.... 

On 14/07/2023 at 8:12 AM, Javfly33 said:

Music can influence deeply a trip, so choose wisely what kind of music you will put because it will influence the thoughts, emotions, etc... it might make your trip revolve around something psychological, and not let you fully liberate. 

Ime, the best is tripping in silence, or if one is feeling like listening to something, spiritual or neutral sounds like sounding bowls or similar stuff, it would the best.

As someone who goes to Ayahusca ceremomies with some frequency I can tell you this is true. Of course with time you can learn to ignore the songs and focus in something more important than mantra vocalulary. Anyway, if one cant even enjoy good music as part of the meditation or being conscious of the músic as another figment of consciousness is a good indication that there is more work to be done.

On 16/07/2023 at 10:50 AM, Loveeee said:

Trick to potentiate LSD trips :

Lying perfectly still on the onset. Dissociation comes fast, ego-death too

Bonus if you do it in silent darkness following your breath 

You wouldn't believe how deep I've gone with only 2 tabs, heck even just weed 

Yep i would say the same thing, Come up anxiety is really good at getting your ego in check and all you want to do is lay down and calm down by doing your best to feel the feelings .

Your mind will give you all kinds of ideas as to why you cant just sit with it, this is often just your brain seeking a dopamine hit because thats what has been wired to do when our trauma is about to come up.  

U cannot do anything to make yourself feel better, when you do this your brain will be able to make the connections that will allow it to open the flood gates and let the traumas out. This 100% will happen sooner or later psychedelics when guided by the somatic experience of the body allow the brain to unload/ unlearn.   

i used to have really hard time with LSD because i avoid the come up anxiety some how, this is the fun part haha its like a roller coaster or somthing like that and your higher self loves this shit. 

Edited by Holymoly

Prepare beforehand. Plan accordingly. Take care of yourself, mentally AND physically. Take a shower. Eat light. Exercise. Get yourself into a good, open and content state of mind. And for the long-lasting psychedelics like LSD: have a plan on what you're going to do while tripping and stick to it.

Eye mask and headphones for the whole trip? That's fine, prepare the playlist beforehand and make a commitment not to get up.

Terence McKenna style? Also okay.

Watching a suitable movie? Take a bath? Walk in nature? All great ideas, just make sure you have an idea on how you wanna spend your day.

Substances can work in wildly different ways to different people. For example, a high dose of CBD (with very little THC) was able to disable my sober mode to a point where I felt like an alien (with no physical body) who had just discovered what reality was for the very first time. Anyone I would call on the phone was clearly ME, and my entire perception field was also ME. This sounds narcissistic, but narcissism depends on other to exist.

I’ve had similar experiences on high THC, but I never would have expected high CBD to do that to me as well.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, kylan11 said:

Prepare beforehand. Plan accordingly.

Also be prepared for things to not go as planned xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

10 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Also be prepared for things to not go as planned xD

Oh most definitely. Right there I meant plan a routine to follow before you trip to maximize your mental and physical well-being. I see way too many people just casually dropping two tabs like they're having a beer. Preparation is important. Don't underestimate the nutritional aspect. Your gut is your second brain and has a tremendous impact on your state of mind, so don't binge on Big Macs like it's movie night with your girlfriend.

(Wanted to reply on there^, but felt it more appropriate on this thread)

Another warning is assuming that there’s 0 chance of harming yourself on cannabis (this includes both marijuana and hemp). As cannabis becomes more widely accepted and legalized all around the world, there’ll be some who use it for hardcore spiritual purposes. It’s likely that those people have little to no experience with altered states of consciousness, may have mental disorders, and will also use cannabis in immature ways. Without proper support and theoretical foundation, they can be led down a dark path without understanding how to get out of it.

And like I mentioned before, do not underestimate the power of THC. Even if you take a product with higher CBD to help balance the psychoactive effects, THC is still not to be messed with. I’m super sensitive to THC… even a 0.5mg change in THC can acutely alter my state of consciousness.

Keep in mind I take cannabis oil prescribed to me by a doctor, which has strict testing and regulations in place. Because of this, I know exactly how much CBD and THC I’m getting. Depending on where you live, however, this may not be the case for you (e.g. USA). You’re probably taking more THC than what your product claims and even heavy metals and contaminants, even if you buy yours legally.

The good news is when your support system is fortified and constantly improving, cannabis can definitely be used in positive ways. And by positive, I don’t just mean getting high and mellowing out, I also mean facing parts of yourself you don’t want to face and bringing up traumas you didn’t know existed. 

—-

Here’s a story of a kid who used it immaturely, which ultimately led to his own suicide. This scenario, while rare, is not impossible:

https://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/rocky-mountain-pbs/mother-is-desperate-to-warn-others-about-the-harms-of-thc-concentrates/