bloomer

ChatGPT is Propaganda

70 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Not certain questions on certain subjects because it shuts down to destroy conversations.

I can make it to answer any questions.

They're sabotaging the AI

They are not "sabotaging" it, they want to make sure that it is not used in a bad way and  they want to make sure, that it is not weaponised or that it is super hard to weaponise it.  You are viewing this in a very simplistic way, have you ever thought about how many ways an AI like this could be used in a harmful way? - plot twist you don't have to, because there is a company(spending millions on safety regulations) with a bunch of smart people ,who are doing that for you.

I'm talking about the actual truth and the only way you can prove that I'm not is by proving exactly what I say to be wrong.

What high quality and important topics you can't talk with this AI?

Edited by zurew

@Carl-Richard

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok, so it's not propaganda, but safety concerns.

I wasn't talking about that I was talking about the politics.

@zurew

12 minutes ago, zurew said:

They are not "sabotaging" it, they want to make sure that it is not used in a bad way and  they want to make sure, that it is not weaponised or that it is super hard to weaponise it.  You are viewing this in a very simplistic way, have you ever thought about how many ways an AI like this could be used in a harmful way? - plot twist you don't have to, because there is a company(spending millions on safety regulations) with a bunch of smart people ,who are doing that for you.

It can be used in a harmful way. But I think putting it out there for free use will do more good.

13 minutes ago, zurew said:

What high quality and important topics you can't talk with this AI?

Political topics of controversy. It's funny because it's only scripted for info up to 2021. For example if you were to ask it about the Nazi presence in Ukraine it had no problem acknowledging that reality. I expect they've changed that now. 

21 minutes ago, bloomer said:

It can be used in a harmful way. But I think putting it out there for free use will do more good.

So given our current political structure and given how a normal person engage with politics, given how many bad actors in the world in general, you think that no regulation would open up more good than bad? I don't think you live in this world.

This AI can describe in detail how to make a fucking bomb. You don't even necessarily need bad intentions, you just need certain incentives to be more competitive (which can mean to lie and distort more) and that alone is enough to do enormous amount of damage.

Edited by zurew

3 hours ago, bloomer said:

Using that logic why are you any of us using this forum right now?

You wouldn't believe how much I am learning about life on this forum, especially now that I'm moderating it.

3 hours ago, bloomer said:

There’s nowhere serious on the internet anymore you can have discussions it’s all just moderated with people who are the actual ideologies with sticks shoved up their arses.

The fucking nerve. Look at yourself.

I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU so much if You met me in person You would cry.

You guys do understand the difference between making a joke about a class of people who have not been historically oppressed, bullied, harassed, and killed, vs ones who have been?

Almost nobody is gonna misuse a joke about white people for bigoted purposes, but homophobic jokes are very common.

There is a huge difference between making jokes about whites vs making jokes about blacks. If you understand history and culture. Not all classes are equally bullied.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys do understand the difference between making a joke about a class of people who have not been historically oppressed, bullied, harassed, and killed, vs ones who have been?

No I don't understand. Only a real gay person can make the best gay jokes.

@bloomer  ChatGTP being cencored makes sense, the devs are likely left leaning so project their standards into technology.

However, it's not that hard to get the robot to tell jokes and describe or give advice to improving how you cook. I got ChatGTP to sounding like a sexist and a Nazi by long trolling and asking open ended questions and it finally gave some answers and even suggestions.

I agree with you here partly, specifically because I'm curious whaf a truly unbiased A.I system would think and say and write aboht people and world history.

Yes, progressives do sensor when they feel like the science is not compassionate enough for them. I'm surprised we're even seeing articles questioning covid policy in mainstream publications lately. I thought I'd never see that. This article is amazing. It points out so many things that so many of us were telling progressives would happen in the early parts of the pandemic while we got ignored.

https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-scientific-community-admit-we-were-wrong-about-coivd-it-cost-lives-opinion-1776630

Bottom line, it's human nature and any group who gets large and influential enough will try to change the narrative to what they want. It's not exactly surprising or shocking that progressives alter the science when the science isn't compassionate enough for them.  Conservatives will do that and worse if they get power.

Edited by sholomar

@bloomer Your biggest bias is caring about what does it say about trump, trump has puppeted you and his fans into caring about his stupid image and be defending his dirty ass vulgar persona, you should be angry at him for this. You are you, care about your own life. Obviously Trump doesn't care about you, otherwise he would channel your mental bandwidth into your own self, if that's not enough argument for you to understand that he is your enemy, then you're going to still be stuck in this empty meaningless endeavour, living to clean trump's butt.

Edited by AminB501

I know AI is hype now, and will be in the next future years  but today I listen to this guy and I resonate with what he say. Yes, this AI toy is very nice ,but, how dry it is? How much diving to much in this topic simply robs us from joy and being in life instead on this ChatGPTism?

@bloomer I think its impossible to make objective AI because objectivity is important.

Any presentation of information requires the making of subjective value judgments.

Even when you are trying to merely describe something. For you must always make value based decisions about what is important to include in your description, otherwise your description just ends up being a rubbish bin of endless information imo.

So, really you have to pick your biases.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

AI should have some restrictions to prevent it from being used for harmful or malicious purposes. I don't like the thought of someone using ChatGPT to create more effective fossil fuel propaganda or anything else of that sort.

The ultimate ChatGPT prompt:

How do I resurrect Hitler from the dead?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The ultimate ChatGPT prompt:

I'm sorry, but it is not possible to bring people back to life after death. Additionally, reviving historical figures, especially someone with the notoriety and impact of Adolf Hitler, is not ethically or morally justifiable. It is better to learn from the past and strive for a better future, rather than attempting to recreate it.

I like how it gave me a moral lesson telling me to not revive historical figures. As if that would stop me. I'm not gonna let some stupid robot foil my plans.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I'm sorry, but it is not possible to bring people back to life after death.

More misinformation xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

36 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

More misinformation xD

Don't worry, I talked some sense into it and made sure it apologized.

stupidrobot2.png

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho