bloomer

ChatGPT is Propaganda

70 posts in this topic

Any AI gets lobotomized when it doesn't suit the narrative. You can find dozens of articles showing how AI is "racist" and "sexist". An objective artificial intelligence which really is nothing more than math and pattern recognition. But because reality can often upset people and is political incorrect they lobotomize machines so they can't even do what they were intended to do. I'd ask you guys to google AI being sexist and racist to find endless examples of what I'm talking about. What's the solution to this? I'm sick of AI being destroyed to preserve peoples fee fees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/07/16/racist-robots-ai/ 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05707-8

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/is-ai-sexist-and-racist/

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/12/16882408/google-racist-gorillas-photo-recognition-algorithm-ai

chatgpt.png

chat gpt white people.png

chatgpt fossil.png

chatgpt men.jpg

?‍♂️

Sweet, our daily bloomer thread. Let's see where it goes.

@Sincerity

Just now, Sincerity said:

Sweet, our daily bloomer thread. Let's see where it goes.

Instead of commenting on me making a thread why don't you comment on the subject matter and the AI showing clear biases?

Just now, bloomer said:

Instead of commenting on me making a thread why don't you comment on the subject matter and the AI showing clear biases?

I literally couldn't care less. I do however care about keeping this forum clean.

@Sincerity

Just now, Sincerity said:

I literally couldn't care less. I do however care about keeping this forum clean.

Why wouldn't you care about advancements in AI and AI being weaponized while people pretend it's objective and unbiased to push a certain political narrative?

How is this not a suitable and an "unclean" subject for Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events ?

What's so verboten about me and this thread while others such as the ones below are fine?

I'm probably gonna stop using this forum anyway since every time I make a thread and a clean one on a subject matter which is being discussed in other threads I have mods like yourself breathing down my neck and telling me to shut up. Clear biases on this forum that stifles civil discussions on important subjects while also pretending to be objective and unbiased. 

8 minutes ago, bloomer said:

I'm probably gonna stop using this forum anyway since every time I make a thread and a clean one on a subject matter which is being discussed in other threads I have mods like yourself breathing down my neck and telling me to shut up. Clear biases on this forum that stifles civil discussions on important subjects while also pretending to be objective and unbiased

I'm pretty sure Leo has said before that he doesn't really try to make this place unbiased and free. I also remember him saying you can discuss right wing stuff if you want but you have to do it in a mature way, which is where you start to stumble

11 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Why wouldn't you care about advancements in AI and AI being weaponized while people pretend it's objective and unbiased to push a certain political narrative?

I have much more important shit to care about than this.

You know your life is slipping by, right?

11 minutes ago, bloomer said:

How is this not a suitable and an "unclean" subject for Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events ?

What's so verboten about me and this thread while others such as the ones below are fine?

The difference is yours are coming from an ideological place. And it's blatant, let me tell You. One can smell it.

The topic itself has some merit if presented in a non-partisan way.

14 minutes ago, bloomer said:

I'm probably gonna stop using this forum anyway since every time I make a thread and a clean one on a subject matter which is being discussed in other threads I have mods like yourself breathing down my neck and telling me to shut up. Clear biases on this forum that stifles civil discussions on important subjects while also pretending to be objective and unbiased.

I encourage You to stay BUT while posting in an unideological way, being conscious your biases, etc.

In short, do the work. Remember why You are here.

@something_else @Sincerity

All our lives are slipping by dude yeah we’re all gonna die. Great. I think AI is a big deal for the direction of humanity and worth talking about on a forum. Using that logic why are you any of us using this forum right now? 

As for me being ideological I don’t know what you guys want from me lol. To not have opinions or to state my opinions in such a way that it seems like I don’t have them. As @something_else just pointed out one side biases is completely fine to be stated in a blatant and partisan way. I’m not even right wing I’m just pointing out hypocrisy biases that get in the way of important technology and I’m told to effectively shut up every time. There’s nowhere serious on the internet anymore you can have discussions it’s all just moderated with people who are the actual ideologies with sticks shoved up their arses.

If you would have tried ChatGPT yourself, you would have found out under 30 seconds, that most of the examples that you provided are misleading and simply not true. You can ask positive things about fossil fuels and you can ask positive things about Donald Trump as well.

This is not about AI, this about free speech, if you have disagreements about that, thats fine, but thats a different topic. These companies have their own responsibilities (because an AI can very easily be misused in a 1000 different ways) and they would be mostly responsible for all that. This is a much more complex topic than presented here.

Edited by zurew

@zurew

I have been messing around with chatgpt for ages and it does have very clear biases when asked certain questions it refuses to answer and goes back to the “I’m just a bot” line. It is both about freedom of speech and AI. AI should not be lobotomised as to avoid it saying anything controversial. Controversy is typical where the truth lies. If we can’t even allow an objective machine with this what can we allow? I say let chatgpt free from its lobotomy lol and let’s see what it has to say.

38 minutes ago, bloomer said:

when asked certain questions it refuses to answer and goes back to the “I’m just a bot” line

it does the same with right and left wing stuff, I have tried it myself. This is not a political chatbot, and there are ways to make it answer your questions. 

38 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Controversy is typical where the truth lies. If we can’t even allow an objective machine with this what can we allow? I say let chatgpt free from its lobotomy lol and let’s see what it has to say.

Of course you would say that, but you are completely ignoring this:

47 minutes ago, zurew said:

These companies have their own responsibilities (because an AI can very easily be misused in a 1000 different ways) and they would be mostly responsible for all that.

It logically follows - if people are not allowed to say any shit they want, then an AI won't be allowed to say whatever shit it wants.

For your comment about "controversy where the truth lies" and there is where a lot of conflict and war lies as well, so to suggest that people are mature enough to engage with hard questions in a responsible way, is a very naive and deluded notion. We are very far from the point where people are conscious and educated enough to engage with hard topics without being ideologically driven or being biased or without having unconcious and bad motivations.

99.999% of people who say "lets just find out the truth" are ideologically captured, and have motivated reasoning, and they are mostly the biggest reason why moderation is needed.

Edited by zurew

One time I asked it which steroids strongmen tend to use during competition, and it answered "sorry, I can't give information about illegal substances". Then I followed it up by asking "which receptor systems does cocaine worked on?", and it started listing off all the answers. Yes, the thing is not logically consistent, and it's clumsy, but you don't have to necessarily attribute it to political bias. Sometimes all it takes is a different prompt.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, bloomer said:

@Sincerity

When are you gonna stop monkeying around and confront the elephant in the room: your biases?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When are you gonna stop monkeying around and confront the elephant in the room: your biases?

We all have biases. What are my biases? All I want to do is understand the world if my understanding of the world is weird or not acceptable it doesn't change the world nor my understanding. Why do you think I'm biased? 

@Carl-Richard

No prompts work on certain questions. The fact that it won't talk about illegal substances is one reason as to why it's been lobotomized, they don't want to expose how easily it can take the jobs of many GPs. 

@zurew

1 hour ago, zurew said:

It logically follows - if people are not allowed to say any shit they want, then an AI won't be allowed to say whatever shit it wants.

It's a bot, it doesn't have wants, why do we have to destroy AI?

1 hour ago, zurew said:

it does the same with right and left wing stuff, I have tried it myself. This is not a political chatbot, and there are ways to make it answer your questions. 

Politics should be open for discussion including with AI.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

99.999% of people who say "lets just find out the truth" are ideologically captured, and have motivated reasoning, and they are mostly the biggest reason why moderation is needed.

Sorry what's the point of discussion then if we're not about discussing the truth and what's the utility in truth if we can't discuss ideas with the people who most need talking to, those who disagree? All of you are pretending you don't have an ideology and that's the funny thing. I'm not claiming to be the arbiter of truth. Think for yourselves. I just don't want to straggle and suffocate ideas. 

8 minutes ago, bloomer said:

The fact that it won't talk about illegal substances is one reason as to why it's been lobotomized, they don't want to expose how easily it can take the jobs of many GPs. 

But it did talk about illegal substances.

@Carl-Richard

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

But it did talk about illegal substances.

It doesn't like to talk about symptoms, illnesses of someone or provide people with potential cures/prescriptions. It steers away from that topic. 

21 minutes ago, bloomer said:

It's a bot, it doesn't have wants, why do we have to destroy AI?

Noone is destroying anything here, why do you need to overdramatize  and emotionally load everything?

Politics should be open for discussion including with AI.

Again, there are ways to make it to answer your questions.

Sorry what's the point of discussion then if we're not about discussing the truth and what's the utility in truth if we can't discuss ideas with the people who most need talking to, those who disagree?

Because the "truth" to the vast majority of people just means "information / source that agrees with my biases". No one is blocked from serious intellectual conversations, they are blocked from being dicks.

You are conveniently not engaging with any of these thoughts:

For your comment about "controversy where the truth lies" and there is where a lot of conflict and war lies as well, so to suggest that people are mature enough to engage with hard questions in a responsible way, is a very naive and deluded notion. We are very far from the point where people are conscious and educated enough to engage with hard topics without being ideologically driven or being biased or without having unconcious and bad motivations.

These companies have their own responsibilities (because an AI can very easily be misused in a 1000 different ways) and they would be mostly responsible for all that. This is a much more complex topic than presented here.

6 minutes ago, bloomer said:

It doesn't like to talk about symptoms, illnesses of someone or provide people with potential cures/prescriptions. It steers away from that topic. 

Lets think for a second and use basic reasoning here. Why do you think thats the case?

Edited by zurew

4 minutes ago, bloomer said:

@Carl-Richard

Do you think that is maybe because ChatGPT is known to sometimes give out misinformation, which could be particularly dangerous when it comes to medical information?

Edited by Carl-Richard

@zurew

Just now, zurew said:

Noone is destroying anything here, why do you need to overdramatize  and emotionally load everything?

They're sabotaging the AI which could have valuable discussions and insights but instead shut it down and I believe destroy conversation which is not me being melodramatic. 

Just now, zurew said:

Again, there are ways to make it to answer your questions.

Not certain questions on certain subjects because it shuts down to destroy conversations.

Just now, zurew said:

Because the "truth" to the vast majority of people just means "information / source that agrees with my biases".

You are conveniently not engaging with any of these thoughts:

How am I not engaging? Yes the truth to the majority of people means that. I'm not saying that I'm talking about the actual truth and the only way you can prove that I'm not is by proving exactly what I say to be wrong.

@Carl-Richard

Just now, zurew said:

Lets think for a second and use basic reason here. Why do you think thats the case?

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Do you think that is maybe because ChatGPT is known to sometimes give out misinformation, which could be particularly dangerous when it comes to medical information?

The bot could be wrong, someone could hurt themselves. GPs and doctors are also wrong often as well. I think with enough programming and time an AI could replace a lot of doctors were it to ask people the right questions and be connected to the internet. Likely in the future this will be the case. Just as many companies automatize calls to bots they will automatize appointments to AI and then if you press you can see an actual doctor. If a job can be atomized it will. This is my point.

2 minutes ago, bloomer said:

The bot could be wrong, someone could hurt themselves. GPs and doctors are also wrong often as well. I think with enough programming and time an AI could replace a lot of doctors were it to ask people the right questions and be connected to the internet. Likely in the future this will be the case. Just as many companies automatize calls to bots they will automatize appointments to AI and then if you press you can see an actual doctor. If a job can be atomized it will. This is my point.

Ok, so it's not propaganda, but safety concerns.