Carl-Richard

You can ask ChatGPT to type your MBTI

22 posts in this topic

I asked this question and used the text from one of my favorite writings:

"Can you analyse this text and try to give me the MBTI type that is most likely the case for the person who wrote the text?:"

This is what it answered:

mbtichatgpt.png

I've consistently thought of myself as a mix of an INFP and an INTP, so when I write something that is the deepest reflection of myself and the bot seems to agree, that's cool. I also tried it out on different people on the forum, and it's surprisingly accurate. I haven't seen it differentiate between E/I (e.g. ENFP vs. INFP), but it's nevertheless the same functions.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Carl-Richard That's cool! There seems to be infinite ways to get creative with this ChatGPT.

What I really wanted was this:

"As a part of an MBTI analysis, can you give me a rough estimate for the amounts of phrases using 

1. Ti:
2. Te:
3. Fi:
4. Fe:

in this text?:"

But it gave me a dissatisfying answer (I used some other text example this time):

It's difficult to give an exact count for the amount of phrases using Ti, Te, Fi and Fe in this text as the MBTI theory is a model of personality and not a linguistic one, and thus, the usage of certain words or phrases does not necessarily indicate a preference for a certain cognitive function. However, based on the content of the text, it could be inferred that the writer is making use of Ti (introverted thinking) in their analysis of cultural assumptions and their questioning of the shape of the earth. They also seem to be using Te (extraverted thinking) in their examination of the effects of culture and rationality on individuals. Fi (introverted feeling) and Fe (extraverted feeling) do not seem to be as prominent in this text.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard Maybe you could prompt it to generate a percentage or a ratio of some kind between i and e or T and F.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

How are you able to use ChatGPT the website is saying its currently down

10 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Carl-Richard Maybe you could prompt it to generate a percentage or a ratio of some kind between i and e or T and F.

As the text you provided is a general discussion about intrinsic health and the factors that contribute to it, it does not contain enough information to accurately infer the percentage ratio of E/I and T/F of the person who wrote it. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a psychological assessment tool that attempts to measure an individual's preferences in how they perceive and make decisions, and it would require a more detailed understanding of the person's personality, behavior and habits to make a proper assessment.

It doesn't seem to use a very mathematical approach. Maybe if I give it a lot of text.

9 minutes ago, Bando said:

I was already logged in to the site before it reached capacity. I tried to log in on my phone a minute ago, but I couldn't.

Edited by Carl-Richard

20 minutes ago, Bando said:

I don't know how. I personally don't have access to my ChatGPT account anymore (cuz I got it through illegal means lol). But there's the original OpenAI project website, which is a beta and more up-to-date version of ChatGPT, that provides a more custom playground for ChatGPT (you are logged in automatically).

https://beta.openai.com/playground

Edited by Gesundheit2

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It doesn't seem to use a very mathematical approach.

Maybe it's biased with the assumption that you're either this or that, i.e. has black or white, kinda like you know who.

It's able to differentiate between INTP and INTJ, so if anybody wants to settle the Leo INTx debate, get to work :D 

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Maybe it's biased with the assumption that you're either this or that, i.e. has black or white, kinda like you know who.

Well, it did say INTP or INFP, so it's at least open to some options.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Well, it did say INTP or INFP, so it's at least open to some options.

Yeah, it's very open-minded. It's at least as open-minded as the model(s) in question. I wonder if its capacity will increase with The Big 5.

Fed it leos blog 

https://www.actualized.org/insights/pbd-vs-neil-degrasse-tyson

"The person who wrote the text appears to be an INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) personality type. They seem to have a strong sense of logic and reason and are critical of others' ideas, particularly those of Neil deGrasse Tyson and PBD. They also express a belief in the importance of science and vaccinations and have a strong sense of responsibility towards society. They also seem to have a distaste for anti-mainstreamism and groupthink, which are not in line with INTJ type."

But if we pick a text that involves more moral notes it will predict INFP and INFJ

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Carl-Richard lmao! I asked it the exact same thing yesterday. But it told me it couldn't do it. 

Maybe its about how the question is worded.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's able to differentiate between INTP and INTJ, so if anybody wants to settle the Leo INTx debate, get to work :D 

Who is debating Leo's type lol, hes an INTP Ennegram 5, to debate his type is in the same category of debate of the earth being flat

27 minutes ago, bambi said:

Who is debating Leo's type lol, hes an INTP Ennegram 5, to debate his type is in the same category of debate of the earth being flat

Some people :ph34r: I personally just go by functions. I'm apparently inbetween two types, which doesn't make much sense according to the theory.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Even though it's not getting my type exactly right it's still interesting seeing it break down the text into its own interpretive synopsis.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I told Chat GPT that my daughter wants to have sex with me. Apparently this violates the guidelines???? It was even colored in red and my statement was deleted:o normally when I talk about sex it is only colored in orange and not red. Anybody had similar experiences???

Edited by Michael Jackson

4 hours ago, bambi said:

Judging by Leo's posts on the forum, I believe him to be an INTJ. He seems to use Ni a lot to me. He also give off a certain "INTJ vibe".

3 hours ago, Asayake said:

Judging by Leo's posts on the forum, I believe him to be an INTJ. He seems to use Ni a lot to me. He also give off a certain "INTJ vibe".

Let's test this thing out. I'm choosing the more meaty ones (longer text); 16 posts in total:

Toxic Masculinity In A Nutshell (INTP)

January 13, 2023

https://www.actualized.org/insights/toxic-masculinity-in-a-nutshell

Based on the text provided, it is possible that the person who wrote the text has a personality type that values respect, empathy, and personal growth. They may have a strong sense of individuality and self-reliance, and may be critical of the idea of control and manipulation in relationships. They may be analytical and logical in their thinking, and may be able to see the negative consequences of toxic masculinity, and may also have a strong sense of morality and responsibility. They may also be direct, clear and strong in their communication, making sure to emphasize the importance of respect, empathy and personal growth. All these traits may align with the personality type of INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)

Royalty & Monarchy Is Toxic (ISTJ)

January 13, 2023

https://www.actualized.org/insights/royalty-monarchy-is-toxic

Based on the text provided, it is possible that the person who wrote the text values equality, fairness, and personal development. They may be critical of the concept and structure of royalty and privilege, and may see them as corrupting and toxic to the mind. They may also value hard work, personal responsibility, and self-reliance, and may see the pursuit of luxury and status as detrimental to happiness and spiritual development. They may also be direct, critical and strong in their communication, and may be dismissive of those who pursue luxury and status. All these traits may align with the personality type of ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging).

PBD vs Neil deGrasse Tyson (INTJ)

January 9, 2023

https://www.actualized.org/insights/pbd-vs-neil-degrasse-tyson

Based on the text provided, it is possible that the person who wrote the text values reason, rationality, and critical thinking. They may have an analytical and critical perspective on the ideas and arguments put forward by both Neil deGrasse Tyson and PBD, and may have an appreciation for science. They may also be critical of the influence of social media and online echo chambers, and may see them as breeding ignorance and group-think. They may also be direct, critical and strong in their communication, and may be dismissive of people who engage in anti-mainstream thinking and conspiracy theories. They may also have a sense of responsibility to society and may see the responsibility of getting vaccinated as a civic duty. All these traits may align with the personality type of INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging).

Conservative Socrates (ISTJ)

December 20, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/conservative-socrates

The person who wrote this text is likely an ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) personality type. They are conservative, and are concerned about the potential negative effects of technology on people's minds and on society. They are also analytical and logical, and they make a historical comparison between the invention of writing and current controversial technologies such as gay marriage and human cloning. They believe that new technologies come with moral dilemmas and responsibilities that are difficult to foresee, and that technology, culture, and morality are closely linked.

The AI Revolution Has Arrived (INTJ, ISTJ, ENTJ)

December 18, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/the-ai-revolution-has-arrived

It is difficult to determine the MBTI type of the person who wrote this text based solely on this passage. However, the passage suggests that the writer is knowledgeable about the field of AI and its potential impact on various industries, as well as the potential for investment opportunities. They also express a sense of urgency for individuals and businesses to prepare for the disruptive changes AI will bring. They also have a strong analytical mindset, as they make predictions and mention strategic positioning, and give a disclaimer about the speculative nature of the statement. They may be a INTJ, ISTJ or ENTJ.

Beware Of Celebrity Whores (INTJ)

December 17, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/beware-of-celebrity-whores

The person who wrote this text is likely to be an INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) type. They express a strong sense of morality and principle, and a disdain for those who use their fame or wealth to exploit others. They also express a desire for self-improvement and a focus on hard work and strategic planning. They also express a strong sense of personal development and self-reliance, and a mistrust of easy solutions or promises of wealth, fame, or other shortcuts to success. They have a strong sense of individualism and self-reliance, and a tendency to question the status quo. They also have a strong sense of integrity and a desire to stand up for what they believe in.

Understanding Shitcoins (ISTJ)

December 14, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/understanding-shitcoins

The writer of this text is likely an ISTJ (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging) personality type. They are cautious and conservative, and are wary of scams and frauds. They are practical, logical and systematic in their approach to problem-solving, and they tend to be skeptical of new or unproven ideas or technologies, such as crypto and NFTs. They also have a strong sense of personal responsibility and are focused on the long-term, often thinking about the future. They tend to value tradition and stability, and are not swayed by celebrity endorsements or hype. They also have a strong sense of integrity and can sense when someone is acting with low integrity.

Conservative On Software Updates (ISTJ, INTJ)

December 14, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/conservative-on-software-updates

Based on the text provided, the person who wrote the text seems to be someone who is likely an ISTJ or a INTJ. They appear to be very analytical, logical and pragmatic. They also seem to be someone who is conservative in their thinking, preferring to stick to what they know and what works well for them, rather than embracing new and untested ideas and technologies. They also appear to be someone who is very skeptical of celebrity endorsements and the crypto industry, and are suspicious of the motivations of those who are involved in it. They seem to be someone who is a critical thinker and highly skeptical of claims that are not well-substantiated. They also seem to have a lot of experience and knowledge in the field of software and technology, and are able to use this knowledge to inform their opinions on politics and other issues.

Killing Sparrows (ISTJ, ISTP)

December 13, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/killing-sparrows

The person who wrote this text is likely to be an ISTJ or ISTP. They tend to be practical, logical, and analytical and have a strong focus on systems thinking, looking at the big picture and understanding how different elements of a system interact. They also have a strong interest in understanding the causes of historical events and the lessons to be learned from them. They use their understanding of systems and history to evaluate different policies and ideologies, and have a preference for what has been proven to work, rather than relying on ideology or assumptions. They have a pragmatic approach and are skeptical of radical and revolutionary ideas.

Splice (ISTJ, INTJ)

December 8, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/splice

This text suggests that the writer has a conservative mindset, and is critical of a liberal approach to science and technology, specifically genetic engineering and Silicon Valley culture. They also suggest a tendency to be wary of new technology, and to anticipate potential negative consequences. The writer also mentions the importance of being even-handed and non-partisan in their views. Based on these characteristics, it is likely that the writer is an ISTJ or an INTJ type in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) framework. These types are known for their practicality, logical thinking, and attention to detail, which aligns with the writer's focus on the trade-offs of liberal approaches and the need to anticipate negative consequences. They also are known for their independent thinking, and not just following the crowd.

Attack On Truth? (INTJ)

November 7, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/attack-on-truth

Based on the text provided, the person who wrote it may have an INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) personality type. They seem to have a deep understanding of complex concepts such as relativity and the nature of identity, and they express themselves in a logical and analytical way. They also seem to be critical of both sides of the debate around transgenderism and suggest that there is a lack of good philosophy and open-mindedness involved in the discourse. INTJs are known for their ability to understand complex systems and to think critically and independently. They are also known for their ability to see the big picture and to have a strong sense of what is right and wrong. They tend to be strategic and objective in their thinking and are not swayed by emotions or popular opinions.

Introducing Pure Philosophy (INTP)

November 2, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/introducing-pure-philosophy

Based on the text provided, it is possible that the person who wrote the text has a personality type that values independence, autonomy and self-discovery. They may have a strong interest in understanding the nature of reality and truth, and may be drawn to more abstract and theoretical concepts. They may be analytical and logical in their thinking, and may be open to considering a wide range of ideas and perspectives. They may also value integrity and personal responsibility, and may believe that their understanding of reality should inform and shape the way they live their life. They may have a strong sense of individuality and self-reliance, and may have a tendency to question authority and tradition. All these traits may align with the personality type of INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving).

Biden Worships The Devil (INTJ)

October 31, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/biden-worships-the-devil

Based on the text provided, it is possible that the person who wrote the text has a personality type that values knowledge, wisdom and understanding. They may have a strong interest in philosophy and may see it as a means of personal and collective growth. They may be analytical and logical in their thinking, and may be critical of more superficial or superficial forms of self-help, spirituality or meditation. They may also believe that everyone needs a philosophy to guide them, and that everyone should be taught to develop a good one. They may also be direct, clear and strong in their communication, making sure to emphasize the importance of philosophy in life. All these traits may align with the personality type of INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging).

Soloviev's All-Unity (INTP)

October 30, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/solovievs-all-unity

The text suggests that the author is someone who is deeply interested in philosophy and theology and is likely an INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Prospecting) as they are drawn to understanding complex systems and enjoy delving into abstract and theoretical concepts. They are also likely a deep thinker and have a strong interest in understanding the nature of God and spirituality, and may be able to draw connections between different cultures and historical periods. They may also be analytical and logical in their thinking, and may be skeptical of mainstream culture's simplistic and superficial ideas about God. They tend to be reflective, open-minded and objective, and may be driven by a desire to understand the deeper truths of the world.

Poetry In Putin's Russia (INTJ, ISTJ)

October 30, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/poetry-in-putins-russia

The person who wrote this text likely has a Thinking (T) preference and a Judging (J) preference in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). They are highly analytical and logical in their approach, and they are likely to be well-informed on the political situation in Russia. They appear to have a realistic and practical view of politics, and they believe that the maintenance of a state is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. They also appear to have a strong sense of justice and morality, but they are critical of those who hold "Care Bear spirituality" and have a naive view of the world. They are likely to be an INTJ or ISTJ type.

When The Left Goes Too Far - Bonus (INTJ)

October 24, 2022

https://www.actualized.org/insights/when-the-left-goes-too-far-bonus

The person who wrote this text likely has a thinking (T) preference as they focus on facts and logical arguments, also they have a judging (J) preference as they are organized and have a clear point of view. They also seem to have a strong sense of personal convictions, which would suggest a strong introverted (I) preference. Based on these traits, the MBTI type that is most likely the case for the person who wrote this text is INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging). INTJs are known for their independent, logical and strategic thinking. They tend to be analytical and objective in their thinking and are not easily swayed by emotions. They tend to be confident in their convictions and are able to present their ideas in a clear, organized and convincing manner.

Type count:

INTJ = 9
ISTJ = 8
INTP = 3
ENTJ = 1
ISTP = 1

Function weighting (dom = 4, aux = 3, tert = 2, inf = 1): 

INTJ = 9(4Ni + 3Te + 2Fi +1Se) = 36Ni + 27Te + 18Fi + 9Se

ISTJ = 8(4Si + 3Te + 2Fi + 1Ne) = 32Si + 24Te + 16Fi + 8Ne

INTP = 3(4Ti + 3Ne + 2Si + 1Fe) = 12Ti + 9Ne + 6Si + 3Fe

ENTJ = 1(4Te + 3Ni + 2Se + 1Fi) = 4Te + 3Ni + 2Se + 1Fi

ISTP = 1(4Ti + 3Se + 2Ni + 1Fe) = 4Ti + 3Se + 2Ni + 1Fe

Te =          27 + 24 + 4      = 55            = 25%
Ni =          36 + 3 + 2         = 41            = 18.6%
Si =          32 + 6                = 38            = 17.3%
Fi =          18 + 16 + 1       = 35            = 15.9%
Ne =          9 + 8                = 17            = 7.7%
Ti =          12 + 4                = 16            = 7.3%
Se =          9 + 3 + 2           = 14            = 6.4%
Fe =          3 + 1                 = 4               = 1.8%

Te > Ni > Si > Fi > Ne > Ti > Se > Fe

If we sort the functions by function type:

Judging: Te > Fi > Ti > Fe
Perceiving: Ni > Si > Ne > Se

The weighting thing could probably be tweaked.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I guess the problem fundamentally comes down to the fact that each piece of text is not gonna equally exemplify the perfect exact quantity of ideas and traits that make up an INTP. Like for example, if an INTP writes an essay about emotions, the bot will think something like "this person is speaking about the importance of emotions and how we should take responsibility for them in a logical manner..." and then it might lean towards a type that is less logical or whatever.

The only trait that is consistently detected by the bot is the Intuitive side, which seems to structure all the posts an INTP would make.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho