Hanna Luna

Why does God allow such extreme degrees of suffering?

100 posts in this topic

I remember the first week I bought a VR headset I played a demo of a boxing game. 

Shit appeared so real; as soon as I was punched in the game for the first time, my head “in real life” twisted back as if I was really hit. 

Ironically, I’ve never been punched in the face “in real life”.

:D

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

My reality will be written from scratch.

Still conceptual though.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Still conceptual though.

Only from a logical point of view.

My reality will be illogical, it won't have limitations. Endless, infinite waves of cocaine all the time for everyone. No illnesses, no weaknesses, no limitations.

And to seal the magic completely, I will remove the possibility to question and debug so that nobody finds a problem, even if there is.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 1/9/2023 at 10:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

Don't forget that your ego would completely die very soon into that kind of consciousness, so it wouldn't be as bad as you might think. The thing in you that suffers is the ego. God proper doesn't have an ego so it doesn't suffer like a human does. God might enjoy a trip to Hell just for the interesting view.

God is death. Once you completely surrender, you are invicible. But that surrender will kill you. Once you are truly dead, you can explore endless consciousness without a care in the world. You can fly to Hell and take a dip n a sea of lava. A human cannot do this because it has a form to maintain. God proper has no form, so no problem. Once you lose your form completely, you are free and nothing can harm you, because you are already dead.

Damn that is deep and reminds of Alan Watts explaining the polarity between agony and ecstasy 

I always had this intuition that just like fear, pain too might be falsehood, I'll keep digging 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

52 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

My reality will be illogical, it won't have limitations. Endless, infinite waves of cocaine all the time for everyone. No illnesses, no weaknesses, no limitations.

And to seal the magic completely, I will remove the possibility to question and debug so that nobody finds a problem, even if there is.

I'm essentially saying I won't believe it before I see it :) You currently don't have the capacity to imagine the full extent of the cohesive whole in its entirety, let alone the entirety of each "part" that you're proposing. It's just an abstract idea. So whatever you're proposing is not the thing, and I want to see the thing. I currently only know this thing (reality 1.0), and so do you.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You know what's better than pleasure ? Shared pleasure. Divine intercourse, cosmic orgasm, metaphysical love, but you have to build to that, cocaine won't do 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

33 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm essentially saying I won't believe it before I see it :) You currently don't have the capacity to imagine the full extent of the cohesive whole in its entirety, let alone the entirety of each "part" that you're proposing. It's just an abstract idea. So whatever you're proposing is not the thing, and I want to see the thing. I currently only know this thing (reality 1.0), and so do you.

You're essentially saying reality 1.0 is limited and finite, and my reality which is basically infinite God-mode is just imagination/theory.

I don't disagree.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

God does not 'allow' anything. How do you allow something that is not? 

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Imagine you are a movie director with infinite budget and infinite creativity. (God) 

You would make all kinds of movies, including horror, gore and drama. Why would you limit yourself?  The actors love acting and are not REALLY suffering. (Reallity) 

Now Imagine you give a pill to the actors that makes them temporarely forget that they're actors. (Ego) 

From their POV they would curse their creator every single moment. Untill the effort of the pill fades. 

Then they will be amazed at the profundity of the immersive experience. ( Awakening to God) 

Note: I'm not woke. Just reasoning along a certain line of logic. ( food for thought) 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 10/1/2023 at 0:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

Think of it this way, you were already tortured in another life before this one. But that has no bearing on this life.

That line of reasoning is my one of my top arguments for certain depressed people. Enjoy this encarnation as long as you can and learn to be grateful for it. 

Imagine pressing skip on this life just to find yourself as a slave 2500 years ago. Or all the infinite infinity of worse encarnations you could have. 

Yes you could encarnate as the next Brad Pitt but unless your life was objectively absolutely terrible like being 85 years old with no limbs and mentally disabled i wouldn't take the gamble. And even then seriously consider it with your very last brain cell. 

Thats if If you want to play with the idea of antropocentric reencarnations. 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 minute ago, mmKay said:

Yes you could encarnate as the next Brad Pitt but unless your life was objectively absolutely terrible like being 85 years old with no limbs and mentally disabled i wouldn't take the gamble. And even then seriously consider it with your very last brain cell. 

The ego objectively finds that to be absolutely terrible.

God is Absolute. 

@Hanna Luna I hope you are not anthmorphosizing God here. 

Watch the Sparrow here https://youtu.be/SO1WccH2_YM (

Which is brillantly described on the Self Deception Series.

The torture you described in your post pales in comparison.

Selfishness at it's best.

That is how humans(Humanism Paradigm)  are in a nutshell.

Unconsciousness has no limit for devilry! so be consious and face your fear head on.

Become the light that you are and expel the darkness instead of going the other way. 

did you actually experience much suffering? have you been without a roof and a shower a fridge and a cooker for even a day, or has even one of your family or friends?

who granted you yet another day in this magnificent incarnation that you in your luxurious residence are enjoying?

seems after all that god is marvellous

we occupy ourselves watching extreme horror and abandoned the chid like awe and wonder

of seeing the rainbows and the trees and the dancing of the birds and the bees

23 hours ago, Lana Faye said:

@Leo Gura Is OCD a glitch of mind refusing to surrender to its fears? 

That's a strange way to put it. I don't think so.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I use to have crazy nigthmares, sometimes obseving people being killed by animal attacks,shotguns,knifes. Or  shooting me ( one nigth it was was a arab in a airplane, he shot me 3 times in vain, it was a lucid dream so I knew he cold not kill me) 

Sometimes are dreams where I am the agent of the killing( i crunched the head of a Macaw once, I helped a fake cop to invade the house of a guy and shot him) .. sometimes I visit cemetery like places with death bodies all around. Of course  My diet can affect the dreamscape, but overall I enjoy both the ligth ones and the dark ones. It gives some balance. 

And @Hanna Luna touch sensations are also normal in dreams, painfull ones and pleasure  ones. Who never even had felt a hug in dreams. I even felt the warm feeling of the body I has hugging. So is not all pain and suffering. God is not so limited. 

For me everything your body can see,hear,feel including emotional reactions also can in a dream. Only smell and Tastes I never had experience in dreams ( Figure why?)  And the protoception and interoception also are not set in stones. Sometimes in dreams I feel heavy and sometimes ligth and I can float. Not something special of dreamland, if you faint you feel like you are losing your body (low pressure) 

For me also is a matter of sense of  agency.

In daily life feels good to have agency, to feel you are the one acting and making choices,writing comments, and is inevitable to see it differently that it in defalt mode. Now I am writing and having this sense that is a  me in the act of writing and if in a few hours someone comes by and start to tourture me ( I hope not), and while I am being tortured will be very difficult to rationalise that the pain is a dream God is having and not a "me".

But if that pain could not exist,Infinity would not be Infinity, because to be Infinity it must embrace everything possible,infinitely, even this cold in my fingers rigth now while I write. I can dislike this cold,  or I can accept that I cant eliminate any characteristic of all my experience. 

I cant decide if tonigth I will dream with a trip to a paradise of to hellpits. (  But about my cold fingers I  will put some gloves) 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

I go to the gym in the morning and then use their showers. There's always a moment when I'm applying the shower gel and I feel so cold so I start imagining what it would be like standing in Antarctica completely naked and freezing to death. 

Other times I imagine being sent to the gas chambers in Nazi Germany.

I get some comfort from this video: 

This shows that it's possible to become so conscious that you can transcend suffering entirely.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:13 AM, Lana Faye said:

Is OCD a glitch of mind refusing to surrender to its fears? 

I have OCD. That sounds like something I struggle with often!

On 1/23/2023 at 11:13 AM, Lana Faye said:

@Leo Gura Is OCD a glitch of mind refusing to surrender to its fears? 

OCD is an exaggerated version of the finite trying to grasp the Infinite in a subconscious way.  It is the quest of the finite for total certainty.  Any ounce of doubt or lack of total omniscience destroys.  Thus - it is the doubt disorder.  Only the infinite has total certainty.

And yes, I suffer from it.  I have my whole life.  It can be mild most of the time for me.  But asking someone who hasn't had direct experience with OCD is like asking the wall how to be a rock. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.