no_name

Why would you avoid such people

20 posts in this topic

It seems that the more loving and forgiving you become of yourself, the more loving and forgiving you become of others. 

The more you start to understand your own psychology, the more you understand why narcissist is the way they are, why religious people are the way they are, etc. You relate it to the time you were ignorant yourself about something, you start to understand ignorance.

However, what are some of the reasons you would still stay away from such people? Why wouldn’t you date a narcissist for example or a religious person? Is it again because of strong self love? Because you want to grow and growth is limited when you are around ignorant people? Because you can only give so much of your resources to such people? Or would they bring you down your conscience level?

Can someone bring you down your consciousness level? Or is it a sign then that your level was not that high to begin with?

Edited by no_name

20 minutes ago, no_name said:

However, what are some of the reasons you would still stay away from such people? Why wouldn’t you date a narcissist for example or a religious person? Is it again because of strong self love? Because you want to grow and growth is limited when you are around ignorant people?  

Boundaries are what help you survive. The people you listed are especially likely to poke those boundaries. Whether you wanna hang around them is up to you, but don't do it naively believing they won't affect your survival.

You might understand why a crocodile behaves the way it does, but you wouldn't wanna hang out with them in a lake. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I mean if you're not having a good time constantly around someone I don't see why you would be around that person day in and day out in general, "narcissist" or not, unless you are masochistic. If you don't have a choice say it's your boss it's a bit harder to deal with and requires more conscious effort to repel how that kind of mind works. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

5 hours ago, no_name said:

Is it again because of strong self love? Because you want to grow and growth is limited when you are around ignorant people? Because you can only give so much of your resources to such people? Or would they bring you down your conscience level?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

5 hours ago, no_name said:

It seems that the more loving and forgiving you become of yourself, the more loving and forgiving you become of others. 

The more you start to understand your own psychology, the more you understand why narcissist is the way they are, why religious people are the way they are, etc. You relate it to the time you were ignorant yourself about something, you start to understand ignorance.

However, what are some of the reasons you would still stay away from such people? Why wouldn’t you date a narcissist for example or a religious person? Is it again because of strong self love? Because you want to grow and growth is limited when you are around ignorant people? Because you can only give so much of your resources to such people? Or would they bring you down your conscience level?

Can someone bring you down your consciousness level? Or is it a sign then that your level was not that high to begin with?

im just curious what negative traits you presuppose religious people to have.  are you prejudiced against all religious people or is there one specific group  that inspired you to place them in the same category as narcissists?      

1 hour ago, Wildcattt555 said:

im just curious what negative traits you presuppose religious people to have.  are you prejudiced against all religious people or is there one specific group  that inspired you to place them in the same category as narcissists?      

I don’t think I presuppose the negative traits, I think religion is generally correlated with closed mindedness, moralization, lack of spiritual growth, black and white thinking, etc. 

Also in my head they are in the same category as narcs because narcs in my life are religious. 

Edited by no_name

Because it's just not satisfying. Relationships are burden enough. It makes no sense to pay the cost but not get satisfaction out of it -- which you will not get if there is not strong values alignment.

The more conscious I get the less satisfaction I get from socializing with unconscious people. Not because I am closedminded, but because I have nothing to gain from it.

For example, if I approach a girl who is a fundamentalist Christian I just walk away. There is no satisfaction I can get from her.

I would rather be alone than keep the company of a fool. Why would I torture myself? When you relate with someone long-term they need to be roughly on your level.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you can make her for sure more conscious. She is no fool, just brain washing happened

4 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura you can make her for sure more conscious. She is no fool, just brain washing happened

And you can raise a feral baby from Africa.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura hmm ok here in Germany there are veeery few religious people. No one takes it serious, even the priest dont take it serious (they are more like a scool teacher who need to teach about Religion) 

So I never met an fundamental Christian in my life

@Leo Gura @OBEler both are great service that comes out of Loving Heart. You need to feel it, you cannot force yourself to service, as well you cannot change somebody's state of consciousness. You can only inspire?. Anyway, raising child from Africa may be less challenging that having relationship with any fundamentalist: from religion to science.

I don't generally avoid anyone unless they're actively and openly toxic/harmful to me. And sometimes I put up with those even. And if I cut someone off, it usually means that I've tried everything I can to keep the connection but failed.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

32 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I don't generally avoid anyone unless they're actively and openly toxic/harmful to me. And sometimes I put up with those even. And if I cut someone off, it usually means that I've tried everything I can to keep the connection but failed.

The problem with this thinking is that it comes from scarcity. If you had plenty of high-quality girls wanting to be with you, you wouldn't waste time on lower quality girls.

Even the fact that you know that you can get high-quality girls fairly easily will stop you from wasting time on lower-quality girls, especially when it comes to putting up with their shit.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

@Migue Lonas I was talking about people in general. I don't generally deliberately seek out to meet new people. New people come my way, and I rarely close the doors at anyone.

But yes, I'm in a scarcity with girls, how did you know? 9_9xD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

The only important thing to relate to someone is their integrity, not their intelligence. I like to interact with adults, but also with children, or dogs, and even cats.

@no_name Yeah you do become more forgiving of people. At the same time I find myself becoming less interested of being around such people. Sure it doesn't impact me the way it did before but why bother?

In the past I was a member of the Mórmon Church, so one day I just decided to visit church, just because there was this ideia in my mind if I would be able to be in the middle of that vibe again and be unaffected. 

True, I was there and was fine. But the same 2 hours you spend with people and topics you don't  connect you can spend in meditation, reading something for your own interest or even watching a nice Netfix movie or else. The point is, not spending time and energy with someone just to prove yourself you can hang out with anyone. I ready declined invitations from friends that do weekends drinking Ayahuasca just because I don't  go along with the vibe of the group. There is nothing wrong avoiding certain people, the same way you avoid some food that you know don't  fit your dietary needs. Simple like this. 

On 8.1.2023 at 2:30 AM, no_name said:

Wise words!

Because you want to grow and growth is limited when you are around ignorant people? Because you can only give so much of your resources to such people?

You got a point there.

Can someone bring you down your consciousness level? 

No. But they can slow down your progress.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 8.1.2023 at 9:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

I would rather be alone than keep the company of a fool.

Same here.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I think that it makes sense to feel more loving for people who are less conscious than you, and at the same time having the preference not spending your time with them. 

Let Love In