Leo Gura

Warning: People Participating In Discords Will Be Banned

163 posts in this topic

@puporing I've connected personally with several people through this forum. I did it mostly through PM, and nobody policed me for it, probably cuz my aim is just personal connection, not recruiting to create another platform.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

9 hours ago, puporing said:

But I guess if you told me straight that even the 3-4 groups aren't allowed (if it ever happened or you learned about it), it's better people are aware that if they eventually found themselves in one they would have to quit the forum.

The distinctions aren't perfect, but it's clear when there is an active and large scale recruiting to a "space", not merely through personal connection, but as a numbers game. There is an emphasis on the "space" part.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 hours ago, puporing said:

But I guess if you told me straight that even the 3-4 groups aren't allowed (if it ever happened or you learned about it), it's better people are aware that if they eventually found themselves in one they would have to quit the forum.

Freedoms are not being restricted, Leo is doing damage control to avoid mass splintering of the forum. If a couple of people want to chat in a discord thats fine, its the recruiting process that was the problem and needs to be dealt with. He was publicly advertising in his signature and DM everyone to join, this was not a "intimate group of friends" situation. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The distinctions aren't perfect, but it's clear when there is an active and large scale recruiting to a "space", not merely through personal connection, but as a numbers game. There is an emphasis on the "space" part.

Yes I'm just saying those other cases seem they could also be lumped in as you could very well interpret the rule that way if you desired, and people could potentially get banned for having a small group chat. If there are exceptions I feel they should also be stated to protect users. Alternatively if there are no exceptions people should be aware what they're getting into by being on the forum.

Currently based on my interaction with Leo it appears there are no exceptions besides 1 on 1 conversations.

2 hours ago, integral said:

Freedoms are not being restricted

What are you talking about? All rules are a restriction on freedom. That's not the same as saying they all don't make sense and can go too far or be misused.

2 hours ago, integral said:

this was not a "intimate group of friends" situation. 

I was not talking about this particular event/case. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

2 minutes ago, puporing said:

Yes I'm just saying those other cases seem they could also be lumped in as you could very well interpret the rule that way if you desired, and people could potentially get banned for having a small group chat. If there are exceptions they should probably also be stated to protect users.

I agree. This thread seemed like it was cooked up as a quick response to what was already happening. It could be useful to clarify the nuances. @Leo Gura

On 12/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, puporing said:

@Carl-Richard I have a question, at what point is a "group" considered a "community"? What if you got 3-4 people who met through the forum (independently or from connecting one through another lets say), and they became friendly with each other and just wanted to chat with each other in some fashion as everyone's scattered across the globe. It seems like those would be distinctively different from the kind of communities you are talking about. 

Anyway don't have to answer me necessarily, it's just a thought I keep running into that could happen. It feels more tricky to me in those other cases coz now it feels more like an intrusion on some basic freedom people should have to connect with each other.

@puporing@Carl-Richard Also, I kind of feel bad for those who will be banned for not seeing this new rule about Discord. YouTube can be toxic depending on how you use it. Likewise, it's the same with the groups that you join on Discord. Are they helping you in some way or are they toxic? Also, how does Leo have this list of names of people who are on Discord when they can just not talk about it? Does Leo himself use Discord and find find people with the same name or profile picture? It makes no sense. I only use it for reminders about work and use it to talk to my friends mostly 1-1 that is just a few group chats, no conspiracy theories (I have 1 group that is just with a couple of my close friends), that's it. 

Here is something relevant to the black and white thinking of social media: There really needs to be a smarter blocking system especially for YouTube. Some videos are designed to explain concepts to me in a somplier way than I otherwise would have gotten but there are also videos that waste your time. Maybe the app or website blocker can ask if this video is actually worth your time if you're using YouTube or any other source that frequently uses videos as entertainment.

On 12/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, integral said:

Freedoms are not being restricted, Leo is doing damage control to avoid mass splintering of the forum. If a couple of people want to chat in a discord thats fine, its the recruiting process that was the problem and needs to be dealt with. He was publicly advertising in his signature and DM everyone to join, this was not a "intimate group of friends" situation. 

@Carl-Richard Thank you for the clarification. Could the recruitment process still happen outside the forum like usder Leo's YouTube videos with a different name or profile? How would Leo know who to ban on the forum? Also, didn't it already say in the guidelines not to recruit anyone on the forum or to create groups there? If the Discord community is toxic, then shouldn't it be obvious that there will be serious consequences recruiting people through the forum for it being toxic? I haven't seen any of this happen, have I just not been around long enough or is Leo just adding more rules to prevent this from happening? What if someone doesn't see this new rule and gets banned? Is it already added in the guidelines if it's not already obvious? Why is there such an emphasis with Discord being toxic if it's just a medium of communication?

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I had more questions to ask.

@Carl-Richard what if I don't want a member to follow me,, is there an option to remove their following here? 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

5 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@puporing@Carl-Richard Also, I kind of feel bad for those who will be banned for not seeing this new rule about Discord. YouTube can be toxic depending on how you use it. Likewise, it's the same with the groups that you join on Discord. Are they helping you in some way or are they toxic? Also, how does Leo have this list of names of people who are on Discord when they can just not talk about it? Does Leo himself use Discord and find find people with the same name or profile picture? It makes no sense. I only use it for reminders about work and use it to talk to my friends mostly 1-1 that is just a few group chats, no conspiracy theories (I have 1 group that is just with a couple of my close friends), that's it.

Who said you can't use Discord?

If Leo doesn’t want a discord or whatev thing external to the forum, fine, deal with it even tho is ok to question it. I tend to not spend a lot of time, hours or even days talking about a same issue if I don’t see progress, life is too short imo. 

Also I don’t wanna sound rude here but if you have a truly Life Purpose, how do you even got the extra time to manage a discord? Hell even be on the internet! (Depending your LP ofc). 

Edited by Juan

13 hours ago, Juan said:

If Leo doesn’t want a discord or whatev thing external to the forum, fine, deal with it even tho is ok to question it. I tend to not spend a lot of time, hours or even days talking about a same issue if I don’t see progress, life is too short imo. 

Also I don’t wanna sound rude here but if you have a truly Life Purpose, how do you even got the extra time to manage a discord? Hell even be on the internet! (Depending your LP ofc). 

@Juan I don't manage a Discord, I barely use it even. Why do you portray the internet going against my life purpose course? What if some things require research for my life purpose course? You are on the internet right now but maybe I'm being too literal with that or that you are being small minded when you say "on the internet".

On 12/28/2022 at 5:18 AM, AndylizedAAY said:

@Juan I don't manage a Discord, I barely use it even. Why do you portray the internet going against my life purpose course? What if some things require research for my life purpose course? You are on the internet right now but maybe I'm being too literal with that or that you are being small minded when you say "on the internet".

@AndylizedAAY Yea sorry for that, I’m not portraying you nor anyone against their LP. Yeah is true you can be working your LP within a discord, I wasn’t thinking very well or meta that day when I post it, that’s why I also wrote at the end “depending your LP” too. 

Edited by Juan

@AndylizedAAY Bruddah you can use discords, just not recruits folks from here.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 30/12/2022 at 5:34 AM, Ulax said:

@AndylizedAAY Bruddah you can use discords, just not recruits folks from here.

I think even having a discord is against the rules now..