DieFree

Can stage yellow support the death penalty? 

289 posts in this topic

Assuming in this situation the criminal is guilty without doubt. 

I support death penalty.

Some people are too far gone and a huge drain on resources.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I support death penalty.

Under severe circumstances or would simply intentionally killing another person qualify? 

7 minutes ago, DieFree said:

Under severe circumstances or would simply intentionally killing another person qualify? 

Well, those details require a lot of research and consideration.

I have not thought thru the details.

Basically it must be severe and the person must be irredemable.

Edited by Leo Gura

I support it on an instinctual level, but there are numerous problems with the legal system, namely innocent people getting found guilty. So it depends if you're willing to risk innocent executions. I understand both sides perfectly well. Really it blatantly has to be a case-by-case basis if we're going down the route of who deserves to die or not.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, those details require a lot of research and consideration.

I have not thought thru the details.

Ideally we'd be talking about 5-MeO injections instead of merely lethal ones.

10 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Ideally we'd be talking about 5-MeO injections instead of merely lethal ones.

Not gonna fix a psychopath.

Death  penalty is good for people who are an absolute danger to society and are not able to be saved. However we also need to make sure that those who are sentenced to death penalty are actually dangerous, and not innocent.

48 minutes ago, kray said:

Death  penalty is good for people who are an absolute danger to society and are not able to be saved. However we also need to make sure that those who are sentenced to death penalty are actually dangerous, and not innocent.

Someone who is an absolute danger to society and cannot be saved can also be locked up permanently in a maximum security prison and only allowed an hour a day of exercise. 

There's an element of retribution in the death penalty. Is it low consciousness to want retribution in the form of death?  

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not gonna fix a psychopath.

But why not? All this shit gives you insane recontexts on your life and whatever you're doing/was doing in the past. I'm sure if there is any possibility of changing, plant medicine substances would definitely fit into a tier 1 catalysts

The issue is 4% of people killed via the death penalty are innocent.

Until we develop a better judicial system I think it’s irresponsible to be killing people in this way.

In theory I support the death penalty. In practice however it’s a much murkier sitiation. 

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Interestingly enough tier 2 wouldn't ask! 

That's only a tier 1 apparent conundrum!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I support death penalty.

The potential for abuse and mistakes is too big though. Government should not execute people out of the principle that life has value. This is what differentiates us from places like Russia and North Korea. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I support death penalty.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I mean if you look at it holistically I think death penalty makes sense in severe cases. Basically all of the ressources that go into these criminals could be used to help society. Just think about if you saved all of the money of a criminal who was 40 years in prison and put it all in the healthcare system… You might even save more lifes that way lol. Also they could still be a threat to other people in prison or when they get out after x number of years.. 

So rationally im kinda for death penalty. But not emotionally. I dont know maybe its stage green energy or maybe there is something wrong with it in principle that I dont see.

Also the fact that 4% of death penalty are wrong is pretty high. On the other hand 4% of 0.00..% is really low.

Idk I am conflicted. 

I support the death penalty. There are some people that are guilty of such great damage to society, and are so reprehensible and irredeemable that it is simply not worth the risk or cost to keep them alive. It's not worth the risk to other prisoners, guards, rehabilitation workers, or everyone else if they are freed one day.

I think the belief that you can "cure" or save absolutely every person represents a sort of naïve humanism that can be quite dangerous and reckless.

hrhrhtewgfegege

4 hours ago, Roy said:

I think the belief that you can "cure" or save absolutely every person represents a sort of naïve humanism that can be quite dangerous and reckless.

Take it from a guy who works in a psychiatric hospital…

You definitely can’t save everyone.

Some are so far gone that they’ll never be able to function normally in society.

The underlying question is, what do we do with those people?

There isn’t an easy answer. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Leo Gura Questionable take. First of all very few people are too far gone, only Ted Bundy kind of people, which is rare. Secondly and most importantly the possibility of killing the wrong person is what makes it a bad decision. Many people were wrongly convicted and later released because the truth came to light. Imagine killing an innocent person. 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is not true. Based on statistics life time prison is cheaper than death penalty. Death penalty requires a lot of additional work that is highly expensive.

But this is obviously more of a moral question than just an economical one. 

Are you okay with people being sentenced to death penalty(intentionally or not intentionally) when they are innocent?

Why would you assume, that people in power wouldn't use death penalty in a corrupt way? But again, even if we assume 0 corruption, even then there would be innocent people being sentenced to death penalty. If they are sentenced to life time prison, they would still have the chance to get out, if they are proven innocent.

So how many criminal death worth how many innocent life?

Also the main problem is being overlooked, and not being addressed at all, which is this: Why and how our society creates these criminals?

Most prison system don't give a fuck about people, they only focus on justice. Rather than highly focusing on the justice part, we should focus more on how can we treat most criminals so they can get out from prison as capable and functional people, who can function in society in a healthy manner and not as animals who were in an toxic environment for years, where their most demonic parts are forced to come out. 

Thats not to say, that the justice part is not important at all, it is obviously has its own importance as well, but we need to be able to go beyond just justice.

Edited by zurew