How to be wise

The mind-numbing section of the forum

21 posts in this topic

Leo warned us long ago not to watch TV because it was mind-numbing. This included anything that wasn’t educational to a certain degree. Unfortunately, Leo has forgotten this golden advice, and now people’s minds will be numbed by this section of the forum.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

lol. nailed it 

8 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Leo warned us long ago not to watch TV because it was mind-numbing. This included anything that wasn’t educational to a certain degree. 

You sure? There's so much to learn from TV about psychology, human interaction and art. TV resonates with people for a reason and has a lot to do with the collective subconscious and archetypes. The problem is watching TV with a numb mind ¬¬

And if it becomes too annoying, Leo will remove it anyway. 

Why complain? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

this forum is too big. there are always people who need entertainment so instead of before trolling in other sections of the forum they troll here.

Edited by OBEler

I think its good. 99% of us will indulge in some form of entertainment throughout the day so consider this a slightly higher consciousness version of entertainment. 

I'd rather be on this subforum rathe than watch tik tok compilations and scrolling on IG. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Leo warned us long ago not to watch TV because it was mind-numbing. This included anything that wasn’t educational to a certain degree. Unfortunately, Leo has forgotten this golden advice, and now people’s minds will be numbed by this section of the forum.

You need to balance out the 2 brain hemispheres, if you only focus on one and only use one, you won't be as effective as you want to be.

This argument could be used for almost anything. Lets be it bodybuilding or learning or anything. One of the most important part is the rest part and to use your creative capacities too.

Even Einstein played hours upon hours of music and then he went back to do hardcore physics.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Imagine, if Leo would be on all tv channels, and kids would be forced to watch him instead of tik-tok.

You're lying if you say you never entertain yourself.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Video games, like most things, become unhealthy if it is impulsive and gets in the way of working on things that are important to you. You need to be able to control yourself. If you cannot pace yourself and control your impulses, your mind is weak. 

For me it's a hobby and something I do on the side.I can control myself, so it doesn't get in the way of anything. Just one more thing that enriches my life.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

1 hour ago, Max_V said:

Video games, like most things, become unhealthy if it is impulsive and gets in the way of working on things that are important to you. You need to be able to control yourself. If you cannot pace yourself and control your impulses, your mind is weak. 

For me it's a hobby and something I do on the side.I can control myself, so it doesn't get in the way of anything. Just one more thing that enriches my life.

Exactly. We are talking about being conscious so much and we sometimes forget about it.

Being conscious can mean, not being reactive and being in charge. So being conscious can be used in this case as well

We should call all the enlightened people and tell them they have to stop watching TV immediately  

lol, I remember going through the "quitting tv forever" phase as an Green kid.

I've never watched TV since, as it's true, TV will rot your brain.

But TV isn't the same as series/films.  Series/films are basically "life experience packets".  They're no different to living life, or having dreams of other lives.  They just provide you with a broader range of experiences than what you'd normally have access to, and thus should be considered healthy and encouraged.

No matter how enlightened you are, good stories are important. And how do we consume stories? Movies, shows, and novels. Consume culture, develop a good taste. It's actually part of the work. I don't care how enlightened you think you are, if you've never experienced the greatest movies of all time. How many of the IMDb Top 250 Movies have you watched? 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

This sub-forum is a trial. We'll see how it goes and delete it if becomes a drag.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.