Someone here

What's the point/purpose of life ?

47 posts in this topic

Look, even if you think you know, you don't know.

And I don't know if what I said above is true.

And I don't know if what I said above is true either.

And I don't know if what I said above is true either.

There are mainy points 

1. god wants to see himself from a limited perspective. 
2. God loves him self so much that he will go through the pain of all suffering there can be and he does this in the form of a life in reality. 
3. God wants us to allow all aspects of himself to exist.

4. God wants to allow all aspects of them self to do the evil that they want to do as that is the highest love.

There are probably many more and I don’t know what extent this is true.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Finding the truth .

Why?

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

I’d respond just so to all existential matters such as the one mentioned, since the matter is decidedly existential and thus I’m in a position to respond to it in an undistorted fashion on some level:

From the nondual lens:

You’re looking for the end of looking, which is this. To a self, the absence of a goal or agenda of any kind (which is the truth) is incomprehensible. When this truth is comprehended, the self is no more and there’s no one left to comprehend what’s happening.

And combined with the enlightenment lens:

We can point to truth simply with the example of qualia. Any and all perception is qualia. Red, salty, hot, etc. Red is a qualia related to the higher holonic qualia, the strawberry a human is looking at... but so is everything else simply qualia — that there is a strawberry; that the strawberry exists in a reality; that a human sees it; that I am perceiving the strawberry... and that there is a real context to reality... and that I am something that exists in time and space. All are qualia = perception = reality, and none have separate existence. So, at every holonic level of qualia simultaneously, all qualia are just like any other ride in the park — and with no context or outside purpose. We could call this infinite imagination. I, infinite imagination, am the only thing that exists, yet I have no separate existence either — I am imaginary too, and yet also the beginning and the end of all knowledge. There is no such thing as separate existence; now and then; here and there, are not two.

Life has no meaning... If this is perceived as a bad thing, then it is misunderstood — you could say: life has absolutely no meaning/point/purpose, but simply because it’s too free to be bound by meaning.

Number 1: To experience itself.

Close 2nd: Opening topics on internet forums.

Edited by mojsterr

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

First of all notice that existing is irreducibley mystical. It's pure magic. Notice that you don't actually got a clue what life is and what we are doing here and why we are here .

And human life is just a bunch of dogs fighting over a piece of meat . That's what got you by the balls :survival. Survival. Survival 

Survival seems to be at the very core of human conditioning and unless that is met it will be the driving force of "life purpose".

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

So what's the point of it all ..?it can't just be money ?  It can't just be finding a pussy to fuck or a dick to fuck you ? ..it can't be to worship God as all religions claim.?

Some will say the point is itself .some will say the point is love. But all that seem abstract and nontangible to me .

Or is that you make your own purpose? Simply life is pointless ,so you gotta make up your own purpose?  

Yes. Life purpose is something you construct so it is also something you can deconstruct if you want truth above life purpose.

@Someone here

The point of life is to be happy and to be happy is to accept present moment as it is. You are right that the life is pointless and that is a good thing. As the paper is blank just so you can draw whatever you want. Haven't you realized that if there would be meaning then you couldn't do anything you want. So stop seeing the word meaningless as a depression, but as a freedom instead.

Who told you that "others" are real?

3 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

The point of life is to be happy

You see how Easy this could be interpreted into toxic hedonism.   

Why not just get drunk ..do drugs..have a bunch of mindless sex and other such things ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

11 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Why?

Do you find any other worthwhile thing to waste your life with  ?  You have 60-80 years in your hands ..that's really a short time . What are you gonna do with it? 

I guess it's up to you in the end .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I can't tell you what the purpose/point of life is. But I can tell you that there are right and wrong ways to live this life before departing.

The good thing is that there isn't one right way to live life, and the better thing is that the wrong ways are obvious.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1. see that you are more than body-mind ... most won't realize this except via parroting of hearsay which is almost worthless ... takes dedicated toil to get this ... just this one purpose makes my life blissful, matters not whether i succeed or not ... i give every breath for the quest ... success is not in my hands but grace has and will open many doors so indeed it is good hands i am in

2. then having seen this enquire deeply into the question, what would god do

There is no point to life (and that’s the point).

Apparently.

@Someone here

Only problem with hedonism is that people try to maximize happiness in a little time span while they live much longer time. What happens is that they suffer the consequences in the long run. True hedonism = spirituality.

Edited by Kksd74628

The purpose of a flower is to blossom.

The purpose of the tree is to grow and to blossom.

The purpose of all life is to grow, evolve, and to blossom. 

By that logic enlightenment would be the purpose and the blossoming of human life i think. But not a temporary glipmse but a permemnant evolution into sagehood.

Edited by Salvijus

The point of life , is to question if there is any point to be found. Once you have pointed out the point or the pointlessness of life, then you got the point.

The only problem with finding out the pointlessness of life, is that it always has a point.

To describe something as pointless, can only serve those who search for a point.

@Someone here thanks for the compliments, lets talk whenever you want.

10 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

The point of life is to be happy and to be happy is to accept present moment as it is.

if the point of human life is to be happy, whoever designed it deserves to be fired. Seems that the point of life is to be unhappy .

@Breakingthewall

You have to understand that, what gives happiness its value is its rarity in human kind. There are clear guides to attain incredibly happy life, but it is "you" which just doesn't give any value to these teachings. Don't blame game designer that you can't play the game properly.

@Kksd74628 Well, I agree with you that the point of life is to be happy, but the human is obviously designed for the opposite, so you could say that the point of life is to solve the maze that it means to be human, to solve all the unhappiness that the development of the mind inevitably creates, and return to the primal happiness that is our nature. I mean, enlightenment

@Breakingthewall

It's not that human is "designed" to be like that, but that freedom which is given can be too much for those who can't handle it properly. I would argue that you don't even need enlightement - whatever someone wants to mean with the term - to be happy. It's enough when you know how to let go, accept things and have proper values and work towards them with a passion.