How to be wise

Joe Rogan SUPPORTS ‘Don’t say gay’ bill

147 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Remembers me of that one time in 5th grade where I brought home some sex-ed homework which triggered the hell out my mother. She was like: "How can they teach this kind of stuff to children?! That's so messed up!" which is interesting because she was barely 19 when she got me which is waay to young to have a child imo. She was probably very ignorant as a result of not receiving the kind of sex-ed (which wasn't even that much to be honest) that I got. Her life might have been better if she hadn't gotten a child this early on. Sex ed MIGHT (who knows) have increased the general quality of her life.

Lol, the parents also have a responsibility to educate their children on essential life lessons. If she’s 19 and she never heard of contraception or condoms something seriously went wrong in her upbringing. Apart from the fact that she probably lived under a rock her whole childhood.

A lack of sex education is not the reason teenage girls get knocked up. It’s a lack of personal responsibility in most cases. Unless she really wanted a child, my mom also had me at 18 because she really wanted a child (jokes on her though lol)

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's classic projection and scapegoating.

When you smear any POV that challenges your own as pedophilia, you don't have to think very hard about your own worldview or political philosophy -- which is morally bankrupt.

Overall, there are going to be more pedophiles in the right-wing because they are lower in consciousness and more selfish.

Of course!

Being a pedophile is a choice? Or a result of lack of consciousness? I thought people were born with sexual preferences 

5% of men have this.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Leo Gura What do you think of what Osho wrote?

He said homosexuals will have to develop to heterosexuals to maximize their spiritual growth.

Edited by Raptorsin7

10 hours ago, vizual said:

People on this forum make the same mistake that normies make—which people think they stand above—they think that woke values are  somehow enlightened and spiritually advanced. What they don’t understand is that social liberalism is just an ideology, just like neoconservatism is an ideology. And no ideology is ever perfect and applicable to any problem. Reality is too smart to be caught in a single way of thinking. That doesn’t mean that ideologies aren’t useful to orient your thinking around. But they have to be used to make a reasonable and  logical decision. Not to turn off your critical thinking and follow everything your ideology tells you to think.

Very wise post. I'm sure this will fly over many heads as to how wise this post really is. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's exactly their dream. They have been trying to do that for decades.

Because there is no need for such a bill. No teachers are grooming kids to be gay. That's not a thing. The right-wing just wants to brainwash kids with the old-school hetero-normative worldview. This bill is just gaslighting.

It's obviously just a pawn in their culture war.

Now if a Florida teacher tells his 1st grade class that he and his husband went on vacation together, that will be considered "grooming" and he will be sued. But if a straight teachers says he and his wife went on vacation together, there won't be a problem. So it's a bill designed to discriminate against gays and trans, cloaked as "saving the children".

Kids are exposed to hetero-normative talk and images from the moment they are born. So this idea that kids are not groomed into heterosexuality is absurd. They are. When a kid listens to a story about Snow White or the like, that is already hetero-normative grooming. So what the right-wing wants is hetero-normative grooming to have a monopoly on kids' minds for as long as possible. That is the purpose of this bill. So then when kids finally learn about homosexuality or trans gender stuff, they will see it as deviant, weird, abnormal, and wrong.

There literally isn't any argument about what you just said.....good argument. But it will be hard one for people to understand because the BIAS is strong. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, vizual said:

Apart from the fact that she probably lived under a rock her whole childhood.

Well she's from Kazakhstan so that's not too inaccurate. I'm from a very conservative family and sex was always a big taboo. I never got "the talk" because there is too much shame around the topic of sex within my family, so I'm glad that I had some basic sex-ed in school. Sexuality can manifest in all sorts of unhealthy ways, especially if your family never taught you what healthy sexuality looks like, so it's important to give children a space in which they feel understood and accepted and to allow them to develop a healthy sense of sexuality (stuff like protection, consent and maybe understanding that there is nothing "wrong" with them).

2 hours ago, vizual said:

Lol, the parents also have a responsibility to educate their children on essential life lessons.

The parents won't necessarily acknowledge the child's perspective, or they might show them a very limited perspective on sexuality which might become very problematic down the line, like not having to respect a woman's boundaries, or repressing their true feelings towards other people because of how shameful they are.

beep boop

7 hours ago, Benton said:

I’m going to go ahead and guess that. Most of you are not gay.

You can’t even imagine the conflict you would feel through your life. Growing up and everyone makes being gay seem like it’s terrible. To the point where being called gay is an insult. Even if you are gay!

And then these thoughts come up, and you feel so guilty. And you think something is wrong with you. For a long time I thought something was wrong with me.

Even teachers would talk about being gay like it was a bad thing. 
I don’t want this for future generations. 
Because this is what causes the trauma. 

Thanks for sharing that.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Being a pedophile is a choice? Or a result of lack of consciousness? I thought people were born with sexual preferences 

5% of men have this.

Practically speaking it is a crime and crime correlates with lower consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura What do you think of what Osho wrote?

He said homosexuals will have to develop to heterosexuals to maximize their spiritual growth.

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

31.10 Questioner: Roughly how many previous incarnations, shall we say, would a male entity in this incarnation have had to have had in the past as a female to have a highly homosexual orientation in this incarnation? Just roughly.

Ra: I am Ra. If an entity has had roughly 65% of its incarnations in the sexual/biological body complex, the opposite polarity to its present body complex, this entity is vulnerable to the aura infringement of your urban areas and may perhaps become of what you call an homosexual nature.

It is to be noted at this juncture that although it is much more difficult, it is possible in this type of association for an entity to be of great service to another in fidelity and sincere green-ray love of a nonsexual nature thus adjusting or lessening the distortions of its sexual impairment.

Wild stuff in there ... guess need to move out of this city before I become gay o.O

Edited by Yog

Don't say gay bill... ?  Kinda fucked up.  Really?

I'm sure there's many cultures who have multiple sexual orientations: native americans had something like that called "double-spirited", I know it's pretty accepted in Thailand and even some (at least one) pacific Island culture... I don't see how introducing different sexual orientations is bad... like... not saying it needs to be explained like you would to an adult.  But you can just be like "Well... Jimmy likes other boys just like Mommy likes Daddy" or something... IF that issue came up.  though, ideally I think that's a parental conversation rather than a teacher one... But still, if it came up and needed to be dealt with in a way that was showing kids it's ok to be and feel as they do and not make some feel wrong.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Practically speaking it is a crime and crime correlates with lower consciousness.

Less developed individuals are indeed more likely to commit crime. Although you did say on one of your vids that it’s certainly not impossible for a being of high consciousness to commit crime. Didn’t Osho commit a number of crimes even though he was at solid stage Turquoise?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkillnah he said you can be Enlightened and still shoot up a school. They are less likely to commit crime, not impossible though. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

@Hardkillnah he said you can be Enlightened and still shoot up a school. They are less likely to commit crime, not impossible though. 

Leo wouldn't know because he isn't enlightened.

1 hour ago, Benton said:

What's this from?

The Ra Material: Law of One

Its channeling material done in the 80s, written in about 5 books.

Its well known around here.

https://www.lawofone.info/s/1

1 hour ago, Yog said:

Ra: I am Ra. Entities of this condition experience a great deal of distortion due to the fact that they have experienced many incarnations as biological male and as biological female. This would not suggest what you call homosexuality in an active phase were it not for the difficult vibratory condition of your planetary sphere. There is what you may call great aura infringement among your crowded urban areas in your more populous countries, as you call portions of your planetary surface. Under these conditions the confusions will occur.

31.10 Questioner: Roughly how many previous incarnations, shall we say, would a male entity in this incarnation have had to have had in the past as a female to have a highly homosexual orientation in this incarnation? Just roughly.

Ra: I am Ra. If an entity has had roughly 65% of its incarnations in the sexual/biological body complex, the opposite polarity to its present body complex, this entity is vulnerable to the aura infringement of your urban areas and may perhaps become of what you call an homosexual nature.

It is to be noted at this juncture that although it is much more difficult, it is possible in this type of association for an entity to be of great service to another in fidelity and sincere green-ray love of a nonsexual nature thus adjusting or lessening the distortions of its sexual impairment.

Wild stuff in there ... guess need to move out of this city before I become gay o.O

Not a good look for Ra on this one. I’m pretty sure homosexuality is not caused by urban cities distorting our aura.

Definitely calls into question what biases the channeler might have had. 

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Less developed individuals are indeed more likely to commit crime. Although you did say on one of your vids that it’s certainly not impossible for a being of high consciousness to commit crime. Didn’t Osho commit a number of crimes even though he was at solid stage Turquoise?

I was speaking in broad generalizations.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, didn’t know sexual orientation was like that. (It’s not). 

It’s a crime to act on it for those individuals. Imagine being born a crime. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Benton said:

If you think you cannot be gay and awaken. You are wrong, because I've had a few and live in bliss. Can you say the same?

Not me, just reading an interesting quote xD

I don't think sexuality has anything to do with awakening.

6 hours ago, aurum said:

Not a good look for Ra on this one. I’m pretty sure homosexuality is not caused by urban cities distorting our aura.

Definitely calls into question what biases the channeler might have had. 

Not a good look indeed haha.Thought of the same thing. I think the channel was either christian, or had christian background. That is why Ra is using some Christian words over the sessions. Its also a tricky thing to distinguish what is a clear transmission and what is influenced by the channeler, having done a bit of channeling myself, I find it hard to distinguish even in my 1st person experience, sometimes I will get a message " step aside, step aside"

Anyway reading it again for the second time while trying to steel-man Ra here: I think what he said is that its a condition resulting from incarnating too much in both types of bodies. Can't say much about this, I've done just few past life regressions.

According to Ra, urban environments tend serve  more like a trigger and less like a cause because of aura overlap and cross-influence. Something that I can in a way vouch more for here, at least for the general concept.

Peoples thoughts and emotions leave energetic imprints around the spot where they happened, if someone walks by they might pick it up and get influenced by it. Its probably the reason why my favorite urban places are traffic lights, market and bank waiting lines. Its where people throw their energy impulsively and wrap it up in a thought and emotion, if you unpack it, its quite caloric and contagious. Its much alike with aura overlap.

Sorry for the off topic detour.
Felt like it was a fun thing to share.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, vizual said:

The mentality on this forum can also be kinda funny. If someone does not agree with your world view —> they must be at a lower stage of development ? Yeah, that’s a logical fallacy

So true.

I read that Osho article @Husseinisdoingfine linked and Osho also says there’s a step in spiritual growth above heterosexuality and it’s asexuality. So I guess being gay or straight really doesn’t matter in spirituality until you lose the sex drive altogether  in his eyes. 

Edited by Gidiot