Preety_India

What do guys on this forum consider as feminine?

47 posts in this topic

Question to all the men on the forum. 

What traits internal and external do you guys consider to be feminine? 

I think I'm physically feminine. But when I look at extremely feminine women and the way they talk and move and behave, it makes me wonder how they do that. I juggle between wanting to be feminine and following feminist ideals of ambition, power and success. Sometimes I want to be peaceful, delicate and quiet. Sometimes I want to unleash my inner tiger. When I get confrontational, it is usually not a very feminine thing to watch. 

It's a very attractive look when I see an extremely feminine woman speak and act. Sometimes it feels like they're putting on a fake act, yet it is still attractive. 

I want to know how to be more feminine. And also I want to ask the men on the forum what qualities both external (like style of speaking and mannerisms) and internal (like inner traits and virtues) do you consider feminine? Please be honest. 

Please don't troll with answers like big boobs. I'm sure you look for more in a woman than just that. 

More responses will be helpful. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

What traits internal and external do you guys consider to be feminine? 

The willingness to surrender to the leadership quality that masculine energy brings into a sexual / romantic relationship.

This assumes that the male does not abuse his masculine power, and aims to protect the feminine (physically and emotionally).

Just now, Terell Kirby said:

The willingness to surrender to the leadership quality that masculine energy brings into a sexual / romantic relationship.

Good one. 

Letting go - submission to who you are. ( Self love)

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Rather than try to be a specific way you can integrate the different aspects of your personality

ive heard some habits that cultivate femininity are not cursing and wearing dresses 

Edited by Raze

I think putting a lot of emphasis of what’s masculine or feminine isn’t helping anyone. Be the way you are authentically. Pretending to be more feminine for example looks silly.  

8 minutes ago, Spiral said:

Pretending to be more feminine for example looks silly.  

I agree with authenticity point.

At the same time I think there's a crucial difference between pretending to be something and actually cultivating and embodying something. 

If a man asks a question on how to be masculine, doesn't mean that he is pretending to be masculine. He just wants to integrate more ways of being masculine. 

Easy going, supportive, always positive and upbeat.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Immense spiritual work will be the most impactful in this.

When you learn to love yourself enough you won't get angry or confrontational anymore in a compulsive way because you know your own worth, you love yourself, and don't need any validation or external source to fuel that for you. When you carry that kind of confidence through your presence you not only experience love directed toward yourself but radiate it. People can feel that vibe off of you just like you have been feeling it off of others.

Its the exact same for men and owning their healthy masculine side and learning to love it.

The masculine wants the feminine to surrender to it's "leadership" but the masculine generally lacks good leadership qualities all across the board. ;P

"Shut up and do what I say."

That's what they think is feminine.

@Loba Exactly. Which is why women turn masculine when they don't see good leadership.

Leadership is every man's craft, but not everyone is skillful or invested enough to make the woman feel safe and surrender. But that's okay, we're here to learn after all.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

15 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I juggle between wanting to be feminine and following feminist ideals of ambition, power and success.

Ambition, power and sucsses are narrow feminist ideals and are also relative. (Stage orange)

At the core, as I see feminism is having the right be the woman, the human that you are. Even if you're not ambitious or you're powerless in society. Our biggest power is not in being the CEO of a great masculine company but in being authentic, living authentic life, do what we love to do. Therefore there is no contradiction between being feminine and following feminist ideas.

"Being feminine" is a concept, there are many archetypes and sub archetypes of femininity in our collective subconscious.

Bella Swan from Twilight has a different feminine archetype than Katniss Everdeen from hunger games.

Angelina Julie and bjork have different female archetypes as well.

They all are feminine, but in slightly different ways. Who's better? Who's more appealing? It's a matter of taste and preferences.

You are already embodying a certain female archetype, you're already have a dominant female archetype and a secondary one. You're already attract certain men that are attracted to your particular feminine archetype.

Female Jungian female archetypes:

Queen

Lover

Mystic

Huntress

Maiden

Wise Woman

Mother

Jungian male archetypes:

King

Warrior

Wild man

Sage

The fool

Inventor

Prophet

Edited by Random witch

@Preety_India being capable of loving a person without condition i think, sweet, nuturing, understanding, supportive - anyone who is like that, i am very attracted too

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

I would say theres some kind of softness feeling to it,nurturing soothing experience that doesnt force you into feminine but encourge the masculine...but on the other hand making you go out of logic to fun unlogical dance of relaxation from solving problems...im getting phoetical over here ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Flowing with life, acceptance of what is

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

You can conceptually point to what is considered to be feminine behavior and personality dynamics but in essence, what is feminine is experienced as such through subtle energetic play between her emotions, her body, gestures, facial expressions, her way of moving on her hips.  It is mostly the effortless expression of their emotions through their body that I consider feminine. Instead of rationalizing and being in their mind constantly. A feminine woman is confident in her expression of movement and emotions, communicates gracefully, dresses in a way that accentuates her beauty, etc...

If you want to be more feminine, I think dancing classes can work well. As well as acting classes. They get you in your body. Into feeling. Feeling really is the domain of the feminine. You want to release as much tension in your body as possible through these practices. The more you can get into your body, the more feeling you will have, the more feminine you will come across. 

I came across women of 50+ that I felt very attracted to because of how feminine they were. They looked so much younger and alive. They had so much expression through their body that is beautiful to see.

Look at some popular feminine actresses on these talk shows or something and see how they are fully in their body and expressing naturally, instead of constantly analysing and thinking. They just flow like a river. 

5 hours ago, Loba said:

The masculine wants the feminine to surrender to it's "leadership" but the masculine generally lacks good leadership qualities all across the board. ;P

"Shut up and do what I say."

That's what they think is feminine.

???

The moment you identified yourself with the body you Constructed the whole 'illusion'. If you realize everything that you know is accumulated identity, even the Creation or so called 'Dream' is also another identification. You are not in any place at all, you are beyond any identity.. 

Notice the general feel of this: beauty, elegance, connection of feeling level, spiritual view of the world, bleeding/period, birthing, rich soil, music & arts, deciding & being in the moment, containment, flow, devotion, ease, gentle, emotional dimension, attunement, receptivity, intuition, subtle

About what you see in other women: Embody the feel of the characteristics that you want to be.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

18 hours ago, Preety_India said:

It's a very attractive look when I see an extremely feminine woman speak and act.

This is mostly socially constructed.

You can learn to speak and act (and appear) more extremely feminine. It's all about body movement, how tension is held and how the voice is used. Equally for men and being more masculine.

If you want to learn to do it, then find women that are extremely feminine and copy exactly what they do. Copy their gestures, walk, how they sit, place their legs and hands etc. A lot of the feminity is in the face too.

18 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sometimes it feels like they're putting on a fake act

Sometimes it's done consciously but mostly not.

Personally, Marylin Monroe has always ticked the right boxes, but I'm old school.

All stories and explanations are false.