Lyubov

Elon Musk is Time's person of the year

24 posts in this topic

Sounds right.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Interesting how dems disagree more with him being named it over republicans. This is a solid orange pick this year. Also this isn’t necessarily a positive award for people who aren’t familiar with it. Hitler was named it once. It just is recognizing who has swayed society the most in a particular year. As a bit of an idealist myself I think Musk is not the best type of leadership for the development of humanity but it is what it is. Def had the most influence this year. 

People need to stop losing their minds over this. It's about influence not necessarily how great they were

The greatest human will not be on any magazine cover and the public will not even know her name.

Because the public doesn't know how to recognize true greatness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Democracy has its limits.

I remember back in high school people could vote for the "smartest kid" just before we graduated.

And the results were published in the year book. It was really beyond cringe.

The same was done for the most "handsome guy" and most "beautiful girl" and some other things.

It was terrible because it also turned into this big ego game.

These contests and naming people "the best this or that" is probably fun, but also a waste of time :P

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Interesting .. how would you define true greatness? And how does it differ from Elon's contributions?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The greatest human will not be on any magazine cover and the public will not even know her name.

It is you,right?

He totally deserved reward.

He succeeds Joe Biden and Greta Thunberg, I think that says enough about the credibility of that award.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Good for him. No one on this forum is in a position to judge him, he has contributed more to humanity than anyone here

23 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Good for him. No one on this forum is in a position to judge him, he has contributed more to humanity than anyone here

Thank you. That is how you earn respect. Now quit LOL. 

@Raptorsin7 Has he contributed that much?

As far as i know he is just very wealthy playboy who knows how to market himself.

Also, he preaches against taxing the really wealthy and against the government aiding those in need.

So he probably has a negative net value added to society.

Which meas essentialy anyone in this forum has contributed more than him by just not advocating for the things he advocates for.

Edited by Lews Therin
wanted to say more

2 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

As far as i know he is just very wealthy playboy who knows how to market himself.

Also, he preaches against taxing the really wealthy and against the government aiding those in need.

Which meas essentialy anyone in this forum has contributed more than him by just not advocating for the things he advocates for.

In some ways he can be likened to someone like a Henry Ford who was responsible for the propagation of technological advancements that contributed to the development of society, but was also highly problematic figure who advocated for some repulsive social and political ideas.

Society needs to transition to electric vehicles and Tesla has played an important part in kicking that off. And under the capitalist system that exists, venture capital is how that happens (not saying this is ideal, but just stating the facts). 

So one can give him some credit for bankrolling industries with obvious social utility, without giving him a pass on the ways he's been socially irresponsible by preaching that the rich don't need to pay thier fair share of taxes and that society isn't obligated to help the less well off.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

50 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

In some ways he can be likened to someone like a Henry Ford who was responsible for the propagation of technological advancements that contributed to the development of society, but was also highly problematic figure who advocated for some repulsive social and political ideas.

Society needs to transition to electric vehicles and Tesla has played an important part in kicking that off. And under the capitalist system that exists, venture capital is how that happens (not saying this is ideal, but just stating the facts). 

So one can give him some credit for bankrolling industries with obvious social utility, without giving him a pass on the ways he's been socially irresponsible by preaching that the rich don't need to pay thier fair share of taxes and that society isn't obligated to help the less well off.

Yes, this is a good take. He definitely can have sound judgements lobbed at him by normal folk that still stands up after criticism and inspection. I see that he has moved some industry forward and made some interesting contributions when it comes to automobiles but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to his dumb circle jerk cult and in general his unabashed and unremorseful exploitation of capitalist society. His ingenuity has moved aspects of society forward while simultaneously rewarding plenty of the toxic aspects as well.

Edited by Lyubov

4 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

This post certainly applies to Donald Trump, but Elon has actually provided some value to society.

16 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Interesting .. how would you define true greatness? And how does it differ from Elon's contributions?

Ask yourself why people burned Jesus instead of listening to him.

Also why after centuries christianism started.

:D 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds right.

17 hours ago, vizual said:

He succeeds Joe Biden and Greta Thunberg, I think that says enough about the credibility of that award.

Bruh

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

greatness is relative anyway