unborn_chicken

To those of you who stopped smoking weed, why did you stop?

106 posts in this topic

@EmptyVase Yes! It's like we get to know that there are these awesome resources that help us let go of thoughts but then if you have thoughts about how you need it and forget you're actually source itself... well... opps. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

It's like we get to know that there are these awesome resources that help us let go of thoughts but then if you have thoughts about how you need it and forget you're actually source itself... well... opps. 

Trying to let go of thinking by more thinking.. classic. xD

9 hours ago, coca said:

@Leo Gura Leo, I often see you talk negatively about weed, but have you actually seriously tried it?

I am going into cannabis for my life purpose, and after 5 years of using it since I was 15, I have discovered amazing psychedelic-level benefits that can be attained if one is educated and knows what he is doing with strains etc.

This domain takes a lot of trial/error and time to master, it also affects everyone differently. 

I would encourage you to seriously experiment with a variety of it before you go about talking negatively about it, it is not “addictive” in the hard drug classical sense, I would compare its addiction potential to coffee. 

I have never done weed and never intend to.

Say what you will but it is addictive and dulls your mind with chronic use.

I have no need for weed. If I wanna trip I got far better options.

Most people who use weed chronically end up deciding to quit it in the end because it does not solve your problems and makes you dull.

I don't use psychedelics recreationally.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't use psychedelics recreationally.

That sounds like a lie. You do enjoy it even if you use them to do the work you are doing. It's not a sin to use psychedelics recreationally if you do it responsibly. 

I actually have to agree with @Leo Gura with weed, while I do support its' legalization I think people who smoke it are losers.

I only tried it once in High School and I regret it, there is no point to it. First, I was coughing endlessly and couldn't breathe until handed water. It dulls the mind but that's it, removes all cognitive skills in a state of temporary mental retardation. After that experience, I didn't get anything from it despite a nasty smell.

I smoke cigarettes (very infrequently), at least cigarettes don't mess with my cognitive functions.

5 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

I actually have to agree with @Leo Gura with weed, while I do support its' legalization I think people who smoke it are losers.

@AdroseAkise Thats not a fair assessment honestly. All substances can be used respectfully depending on what suits you.

Some people can smoke a joint and handle their shit with no problems. Of course im not denying that many people can fall into laziness and haziness with weed.

For me weed once in a blue moon is very insightful and awesome, daily just makes me slower. 

10 minutes ago, AdroseAkise said:

I only tried it once in High School and I regret it, there is no point to it. First, I was coughing endlessly and couldn't breathe until handed water. It dulls the mind but that's it, removes all cognitive skills in a state of temporary mental retardation. After that experience, I didn't get anything from it despite a nasty smell.

I smoke cigarettes (very infrequently), at least cigarettes don't mess with my cognitive functions.

@AdroseAkise That's very narrow minded of you honestly. Weed, like most substances, affects everyone differently, in different points in their lives, and not everyone necessarily falls into the stereotype of "the couch potato stoner".

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

For me weed once in a blue moon is very insightful and awesome, daily just makes me slower. 

Yeah, I guess I was a bit too harsh. Maybe I'll try weed again, I still do have my weed specific pipes. But I'll just keep it as a very rare event. 

@AdroseAkise I'm surprised to see such stupidity on this forum to tell you the truth.

This is like saying all asian men are good at math, or all black people are aggressive. Just a dumb stereotype.

@AdroseAkise No worries :).

Theres nothing wrong with having a personal disinterest in weed, no need to try and tolerate it or make it a part of your life. 

Im only saying to consider that there are people who treat a joint the same as cup of coffee, just a healthy simple pleasure. 

Weed doesn't make me dull even a little bit.  I can focus and study for hours.  I use it with coffee to focus intensely on my work.  I love weed, it's such a great life/study aid.

Sorry to hear it hasn't been working for you, you gotta do what is best for you.

I have add btw, but I can't use stimulants in excess (heart probs) so weed works better with moderate coffee.

Edited by Loba

I originally stopped because it was an impediment to my growth. I had some family trauma I wasn't dealing with and became ant-social. Cannabis allowed me to numb the loneliness and boredom and suffering. When I grew out of that and tried to use it again I basically couldn't. Every trip was too intense and it would activate energy in my subtle body to an overwhelming degree. It would also cause insomnia; everything was too fresh and new for me to slip into sleep-even the process of breathing itself became incredibly stimulating. It would spark a fire of creativity and deep insights (metaphysical and otherwise). My relationship to it has changed from something I associate with pleasure to a plant that I consider as holy/sacred.

I've used lsd&mushrooms about 6 times-none of those trips came close to the growth I achieved tripping on weed. It didn't always used to be like this tho. I suspect that the kriya yoga practices & meditation I've been doing over the last couple of years changed my physiology such that I'm much more receptive to the plant. But for some reason this receptivity doesn't spill over to lsd, shrooms or 2cp :(

TLDR, my view=Cannabis can be used for tremendous growth-but only if done with sense. Pumping your body with thc everyday is silly no matter how you justify it.

4 hours ago, AdroseAkise said:

xfig37dnvkg41.jpg

Pretty fucking accurate, haha. I am in love with the Wojak memes.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

No drugs are addictive. There are just humans with a need to escape pain, often some substance just happens to become a tool for that. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Other low ambition type people like Terence Mckenna. Joe Rogan and Graham Hancock at some point in their life anyway have been consistent users of cannabis. Hancock quit cannabis for a good while after an ayahuasca trip informed him of the need to. If I understand correctly he smokes occasionally nowadays. 

After smoking it regularly in my teens. I quit completely for 20 years or so. I then used it to replace Paxil, an SSRI, prescribed for anxiety. My use of cannabis fluctuates.  I find that if I lay off for a while and my tolerance goes down. Meaning I become more sensitive to it. I become more prone to experiencing that certain kind of paranoid that sometimes affects people who smoke cannabis. It counter intuitively works for me to just double down and smoke even more and the paranoia then usually disappears.  I feel that cannabis is a good antidote for those who are overly serious or are chronic worriers. Some claim that it feminizes men to a healthy degree in that it puts them in touch with their feelings and perhaps lessens the swaggering macho violent jackass tendencies.  I'm not an overly enthusiastic advocate for cannabis though. Everyone's body chemistry is unique and I believe the old saying applies that what is good for some may be poison to another. To me it's on par with baby aspirin and all these hysterical little male and female Nancy Reagans running around saying -"just say no" are just the core of the collective ego and its group think and herd mentality.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

On 2021-11-12 at 8:18 AM, unborn_chicken said:

I'm trying to improve my relationship with weed. At least trying to stop smoking for the wrong reasons.

I wanted to hear some feedback about your experiences with weed, If you have quit, what made you do it? And if it has improved your life overall?

As an ex-smoker i did quit "for life" (thinking there was no going back), so i stayed "clean" for years.

Am i qualified?...

M'well, at the time i had no idea about what remained to be discovered ahead, such as vaporism which helped me to start dealing with inherited stereotypes & confusion - not to mention a frequent/repeated need to "stop for the wrong reasons", one of those being the proverbial coughs and another having to do with politics-driven dynamics like hate mongering and beyond.

In the end my personal conclusion eventually concatenated into these few aspects which got explained plenty of times in previous posts already:

• Neuro-plasticity
  • Contaminants
  • Consumption Method & Ritual
  • Socio-toxic 3rd-party interference

For example, trying to address one's "relation" with cannabis i'd have to begin with perspectives revised through each of these simple "filters".  Basically this "tube" has 2 ends and you're NOT actually alone, far from it...  Society has significant power over neuro-plasticity and all its "elite" leaders could ever accomplish was to perpetually condemn passing generations to repeat some old Public Health mistake of history, since rolling paper was democratized by a machine patented in 1881.  Prior to this, industrialization seemed practically impossible because hand-rolling proved just too expensive anyway.  A young american got rich while systematically adding contaminants (wood fiber seasoned with glue) to the consumption method & ritual, hence in turn creating a disaster of planetary scale while contemplative politicians could only think of taxation:  greed made decision makers incompetent.  So, still today i find most cannabis users get "initiated" to abuse 1st, then eventually meet a wall for a lack of more appropriate teachings.

Briefly put the "harm" ain't residing in the trichome glands themselves and now i guess you're left with a classic failure which should have been easily foreseen.  Too bad social noise blurrs everything, like to address blame at only one side of the tube, as if the rest didn't exist...

Well, i keep posting the same arguments.  YMMV!  Good luck.

-_-

Edited by Egzoset

12 hours ago, AdroseAkise said:

xfig37dnvkg41.jpg

I've known a few.. Abuse looks ugly...

Like anything I don't think it is all bad, and it does have some medical benefits.

Psychedelics are useful but they don't REALLY fix anything either. Though, the insights they have given me radically inform what I am doing. They are a tool... need to be used wisely. I like pot sometimes... But, it has to be rare. If I smoke it I may end up back at the habit. It's also a habit that arrises for me when I am challenging my homeostasis. Instead of smoking its time to a nap, walk, putting in the work I am avoiding etc.

I think smoking weed chronically can fuck with your motivation mechanism as well

I prefer a healthy set of longs, good posture, healthy self image, doing actions each day that develop my self esteem. I prefer to cultivate a healthy Qi. Frequent use shoot my self esteem because I value sobriety and healthy lungs.

Pot is addictive. I've had some great experiences with it, but also some negative. 

However, I don't really know. It do think it is a plant teacher.

I consider it a spiritual tool. Just needs a LOT of respect. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"