unborn_chicken

We live in the shittiest of times. Change my mind.

30 posts in this topic

No amount of war or disease could make me think that the past is somehow worse than today, sorry.

@unborn_chicken are you going through a bad time personally, or do you mean the world in general is?  

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Covid? Pfff boring shit, bring back the plague!

Access to education? Ability to choose my career path? Nah no thanks I'd rather die as a farmer who's basically a slave to some fat king

4 hours ago, 4201 said:

Nah no thanks I'd rather die as a farmer who's basically a slave to some fat king

I wish we managed to get further than that, but it's definitely still true in some sense, lol. There's a lot of shit in the modern day that is just updated in form from its past incarnations. We're still dealing with horrific abuses of power and questionable use of national funds. Granted, I would still not choose to yeet myself back into the past. As you mentioned, there was a lot of nasty stuff back in the day, even if we just skip back 80 years or so. Things are always going to be a mixture of shitty and wonderful. Happiness is always possible. But the real difficulty in accepting/loving being alive today is just detaching from all the needless stuff you have that occupies your attention and makes you unhappy. This choice is maybe harder than ever in an age of endless entertainment, but it's still a choice, not enslavement. 

12 hours ago, 4201 said:

Covid? Pfff boring shit, bring back the plague!

Access to education? Ability to choose my career path? Nah no thanks I'd rather die as a farmer who's basically a slave to some fat king

At least we lived closer to nature and each other. There was a sense of community everywhere you looked.

Most work involved moving around instead of sitting for hours and hours in front of a screen.

Nobody had fake tits and people weren't as self obsessed as today.

Life was overall more exiting by default, instead of boring and lonely.

I'd rather have the challenges of yesterday than the benefits of today, anytime.

@4201 plus, the past doesn't automatically mean medieval europe :)

Edited by unborn_chicken

Why make a thread if we cant change your mind. Seems kind of dumb. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

That's because you have no gratitude or purpose.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There will be integration of the pros of the past as we move up the spiral. Just be patient. There will be a return to nature,  close knit communities etc.

Technology + women's rights + integration trumps the past. 

???????

26 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

That's because you have no gratitude or purpose.

this.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Beware ,that you are the creator of your own world(in advance sense)no matter what time it is, if your mind is a chaos it will always be a chaos...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

10 hours ago, unborn_chicken said:

At least we lived closer to nature and each other. There was a sense of community everywhere you looked.

Most work involved moving around instead of sitting for hours and hours in front of a screen.

Nobody had fake tits and people weren't as self obsessed as today.

Life was overall more exiting by default, instead of boring and lonely.

I'd rather have the challenges of yesterday than the benefits of today, anytime.

Do you live in a city? Lack of community, lack of nature, living in a technological, abstract version of reality, appearances valued over substance? 

Maybe try spending a few weeks in the countryside, volunteer on a community farm or project, or live in a remote monastery and unplug from the screens for a while. There's still some real life around if you seek it out. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

We have the best weed ever + we got smokable Ayahuasca + we got toilet bowls ,fridges and air conditioning

Best time ever

well, we live in a world of crazed, superficial people, where it is almost impossible not to become a very stupid neurotic, and the more stupid, the smarter you think you are. a world of crazy teenagers, another world of slaves of the industrial revolution, and another of hopeless wretches, all of them prisoneers of the ego. Almost better be the miserable than the rich. The truth is that it does not seem very beautiful, for me better being born in the Paleolithic and dying at 17, but this is what there is, so let's make the most of it and pray that there is no reincarnation, if not, statistically, in the giveaway gon 'get you some horrible shit

@snowyowl Yes to all of your questions. And yeah, ideally I'll manage to move to a countryside at some point, or at least get some proper vacations.

@unborn_chicken  You probably feel This way because there is not a lot of optimism and hope in the future of mankind.  You mentioned that technology is improving and that's a start.  We can also say that societies are degrading as a necessary part of our evolution to realize the current limitations of our way of being.  We may witness our societies fall apart, but this is necessary in order give us a vision of something that could possibly be better.

What changes would you like to see in the world and what would it take to realize this vision?  If the world is not acceptable now, let it inspire you by teaching you that life is not as good as it could be and you can use the suffering of mankind to give you ideas for change.