unborn_chicken

We live in the shittiest of times. Change my mind.

30 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, unborn_chicken said:

I'd rather have the challenges of yesterday than the benefits of today, anytime.

If you're so comfortable it makes you numb, try introducing some resistance into your daily life: heavy weight training, cold showers, sauna sessions, fasting once a week. That'll make you more embodied and dynamic. A negative outlook can stem from something as simple as a lack of variety. Change is the basis of energy and movement.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, trenton said:

You probably feel This way because there is not a lot of optimism and hope in the future of mankind.  You mentioned that technology is improving and that's a start.  We can also say that societies are degrading as a necessary part of our evolution to realize the current limitations of our way of being.  We may witness our societies fall apart, but this is necessary in order give us a vision of something that could possibly be better.

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, trenton said:

What changes would you like to see in the world and what would it take to realize this vision?  If the world is not acceptable now, let it inspire you by teaching you that life is not as good as it could be and you can use the suffering of mankind to give you ideas for change.

Sadly, I think the change that needs to happen in the world can only be brought about by catastrophe. Humanity probably needs to crash very hard in order to realize the insanity of its current way of being.

I agree that life is more practical than ever. Survival is easier than ever. But I can't help to feel that there's some essential quality than has been lost. I can't quite put my finger on it, It probably has to do with the internet and technology.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe it's just me. I'm sure some people out there are having the time of their lives right now.

I think it's because we have access to lot of media and news and we see all the negative things that are happening in the world. in the past all those things remained in the darkness, for example the scandal of 330.000 child abuses by priests in France.

It's funny how the saying "with great power comes great responsibility" hits on so many levels (individual, collective, implicit, explicit...). So my first thought would be that yeah, the times we live in are pretty rough, in a sense. Yes, there's more loneliness, depression, anxiety, fear of death (I am guessing here, but it's a reflected guess) and other things that are more explicit. But I think there's something to be said when considering societal and of course personal problems. Let's take this one area at a time:

Societal challenges (I don't think problems is accurate, it has a negative connotation): these, yes, they can be rough, and create some pretty nasty stuff, but then again, who creates this? It's all YOU. I guess both You and you. If we can for a moment picture the process of socialization to have a specific direction (society--> individual), there's another process, that I don't know the word for (or even know if there's a word for), which goes from individual--->society. The word would be influence? impact?

Also, Remember the whole "God forgives devilry" thing. So yes, on one hand, make this illusion we live in the best (constructive - damn, I sometimes wish language was a bit more helpful with such explanations haha) illusion we can imagine it being, by being selfless, caring, giving, loving. At the same time, on the other hand, remember that life is messy, everything is messy, yet so orderly. Mess vs order haha, an orderly mess. That takes me back to a video of Leo's. 

Personal challenges: What makes you feel this way, personally? What makes you feel empty about the world today? What is it that you're lacking, or think you're lacking? What do you want? Like REALLY WANT? (You probably know what You wants, but what do you want?)

For example, I'm striving to be an elementary school teacher, to help us all face the societal challenges. That will also fulfill me personally, cause you could say I get off on pulling people up. In addition to that, I am writing a book at the moment, and that's also giving me a sense of purpose, both to face the personal challenge of finding purpose, and the societal challenge, by showing ideas, inspire. 

All the best,

Soulife

On 10/23/2021 at 5:56 PM, unborn_chicken said:

But I can't help to feel that there's some essential quality than has been lost. I can't quite put my finger on it, It probably has to do with the internet and technology.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe it's just me. I'm sure some people out there are having the time of their lives right now.

You are too, it’s just ‘veiled’ if you will, by certain subtle thoughts which go unnoticed. Comparative thinking for example. To compare the time of your life with a thought (of some other time when there is life), is like comparing today with a thought (of some other day). The actuality of today can’t be compared to a thought (of another day). I mean it can be, but only if unnoticed is what I’m sayin. No intention of changing your mind here though, in my best estimate it is ideal that you remain free.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 23/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, unborn_chicken said:

@Breakingthewall You get it bro. It sucks.

change my mind, we live in the best times in human history. or not? I don't know ... it depends on how you consider it. Humans are difficult

Edited by Breakingthewall

I'm not sure if this time is "The shittiest of times", But I can't ignore the fact that this time is shitty.

Especially for young people. It's like society deliberately against us, focused on bullying us.

We are the new lost generation.

There's good things and bad things about it.  I wouldn't say it is a shittier time than say, during the plague or as a Jew in WW2... something like that.  Some people have really great lives - mine isn't so terrible - but, I do worry about the future.  What is in store for future generations?  When the planet starts really dying off, I would say then, that people live in the shittiest of times.  I think it is yet to come tbh.

A lot of us live in the eye of the storm atm.

Edited by Loba