SQAAD

Why Call Reality Love?

105 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Jakuchu That's the problem right there... Always a person experiences the torture. Not God. That's why it is so horrendous.

Actually there is not really a self or a person that experiences these things. It seems that way but that's a complete illusion.

The body can't feel pain. Pain is an appearance, but has nothing to do with a wound of the body. In the same way as a chair is an appearance and has nothing to do with eyes or the body. Or that food has nothing to do with you gaining weight. Investigate how perception works.

That there is a seperate self is an illusion, just as that the body feels pain. It's all just imaginations floating around, had by no one. 

Only by God. God is all of it. God loves all of it, as God is selfless, God is Love.

It's God pretending to be pain. God pretending to be the imagination that someone is suffering. God pretending to be the imagination that the body is feeling the pain. God pretending to be the imagination that a knife in the stomach causes pain.

Look at experience as a bubble of awareness, and inside that bubble imaginations float around. There is no cause or sepecial relations between these imaginations. And there is no brain or nerves or mind or person or self that experiences them.

Edited by GreenWoods

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

How are they different? 
Don’t utilize any thoughts to answer. 

What is “physical”?
Don’t utilize any thoughts to answer.

@Jakuchu

Different is a thought. Oneness is a thought. Choice is a thought. There’s never been the actual experience of these, there has only been the experience of the thoughts, of “these”. Believe the thoughts. Or don’t. 

Fair enough. What if i Dont believe the thoughts? Will i be Able to even get to work tomorrow morning?

I too was completely confused by the idea of love as being the same as reality, it just made no sense to me. That was until I saw Leo's video with Curt Jaimangal. Curt asks something like: "If God can create anything, how does God choose what to create?", and Leo responds that "God chooses to create everything, there is no preference". In other words, God creates infinity because God loves everything equally and doesn't choose between one thing or another (I'm sure someone can find the exact bit in the second video).

That made things somewhat clearer for me.  God creates out of love, and loves all of its creations equally. All of creation is imbued with that love. So that's nearly there, but I'm still not quite there with creation = love. I'm missing something still.

All stories and explanations are false.

37 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Fair enough. What if i Dont believe the thoughts? Will i be Able to even get to work tomorrow morning?

is a thought. Like work & morning. 

“Tomorrow” 

:x

Adorable.

When there’s no I nothing was missing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Live looked in the mirror. At first she liked what she saw, four letters together, all of them very nice looking and well formed. Then she noticed something that turned her stomach, "Oh no, I'm evil!" She said. 

Don't read into things so much. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Live looked in the mirror. At first she liked what she saw, four letters together, all of them very nice looking and well formed. Then she noticed something that turned her stomach, "Oh no, I'm evil!" She said. 

Don't read into things so much. 

Later she started loving blonde singers and bodybuilders.

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

Later she started loving blonde singers and bodybuilders.

It's just that ONE shakeweight guy, ok? I said don't read into it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

It's just that ONE shakeweight guy, ok? I said don't read into it. 

Why you have the need to defend yourself. It is a dream. 

@Zeroguy xD I don't, I found it funny, much like my favorite shakeweight guru. He says "keep the shakeweight away from your face" which I find very insightful. Same insight as in my "live" riddle. 

Edited by mandyjw

@Leo Gura

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't matter.

The Truth is that all differences is imaginary.

Whether the difference is imaginary or not, the bottom line is that there is a massive difference between getting your head chopped off and eating an ice-cream. And i don't see a way out of unimagining this difference.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The difference between torture and ice cream is purely imaginary.

That's a bias you have because you're selfish.

The problem isn't that God/Love is too shocking, the problem is that your level of selfishness is so astronomical that you can't even see that torture and ice cream are identical. That's how fucking selfish you are ;)

You honestly believe your selfishness is truthful, haha.

I know exactly what your intention is with these tough love kind of posts, but if I were you, I'd be a bit more careful with the tone. You come off really arrogant, thus indirectly make people feel guilty. This scares off newbies in a second.

Notice this intetesting fact: when you make love to someone, you seek to unite with them, and then you orgasm at the peak of your union.

But this union is still physically limited because your bodies can only get so close. But if you were not limited by a body, your spirit would literally fuse with and become identical to the one you love, until there was no long as distinction between you and your lover.

Your spirit craves deep sexual union and yet you are not aware enough to understand why you crave it so badly.

Unity is Love.

God is the ultimate Unity.

God IS everything because God loves everything.

Love is metaphysical identity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The difference between torture and ice cream is purely imaginary.

That's a bias you have because you're selfish.

The problem isn't that God/Love is too shocking, the problem is that your level of selfishness is so astronomical that you can't even see that torture and ice cream are identical. That's how fucking selfish you are ;)

You honestly believe your selfishness is truthful, haha.

I don't see how selfishness affects the difference between torture and an ice-cream. Even if i was completely selfless, the sensations would not change.

@Jakuchu

18 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

If fully emersed in the Self, then yes. But at that point there is no difference between those two and he wouldn't care in that state. Enjoying something is a duality 

See, when you speak of Ramana Maharshi then you are speaking of a person, which is "less" than full God-mode. Of course, he as a person still would have preferences

I don't think pain & pleasure is a matter of preference. It's more like something biological. If i torture you, you don't like it no matter how selfless you are or what preferences you have.

@Tim R

18 hours ago, Tim R said:

@SQAAD

But I do understand that me being repulsed and horrified by certain aspects of reality is just my limited bias and that ultimately, there is no reason whatsoever why I should prefer eating ice cream over being slaughtered with a rusty blade. 

You are projecting selfishness onto reality and then pretend that you didn't and that there is actually something wrong with it. 

The problem is that you don't have a choice or any power to enjoy torture or not. You are programmed by God to fear this stuff. We have no choice other than to be terrified about excuciating pain. That is the problem.

Maybe God doesn't care. But we certainly do. 

Edited by SQAAD

It's possible to 'turn on' and 'turn off' pain. It's not like a rejection, it's a deep love. You fall in love with it. You don't want any thought to tamper with it,  including 'pain', 'pleasure', 'difference'. You want it raw. (To describe it to you)

Do it with pain and aversion and you can do it with anything else.  

Edited by Proserpina

???????

I think maybe the issue is that you're conceptualising reality as being something separate from you.

When of course, the reality is that you are reality. If you truly knew your own nature, you would understand. But to truly know it is to consciously be it.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

10 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Jakuchu

I don't think pain & pleasure is a matter of preference. It's more like something biological. If i torture you, you don't like it no matter how selfless you are or what preferences you have.

That is your bias view being passed off as truth. Look into Masochism, where what others call torture, is the greatest pleasure. I've been beaten hard with a bamboo cane, to where my back was so welted, bruised, and bloody, to most it would be the worst torturous experience of their life, but to me it was euphoric transcendent pure bliss. Be aware of your views on things are not universal truths. 

@SQAAD

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

The problem is that you don't have a choice or any power to enjoy torture or not. You are programmed by God to fear this stuff. We have no choice other than to be terrified about excuciating pain. That is the problem.

Maybe God doesn't care. But we certainly do. 

I have to disagree. It is possible to accept or love that which previously seemed impossible to love. Pain for example, is not inherently bad. Masochists love pain (to a certain degree). Excruciating pain is simply the next level of this, but there is nothing inherently bad about it. 

In torture, the beginning is the worst. When you are still full of all your attachments and fears etc. But then, as the torture proceeds, it has been reported by those who have undergone it, that when they gave up/in, they entered a kind of masochistic state of cooperation with the pain. 

When you give up your attachments and biases, there is nothing that could harm you and you are therefore able to accept whatever you previously thought was unacceptable.

Or think of the survivors of the Japanese Kamikaze in WW2, who steered their airplanes into ships. Not all Kamikaze pilots died and some came back to report what it was like; and some said, that in the moment right before the impact, they felt indescribable freedom and joy. This ultimate certainty of knowing that this is it and that there is nothing you can do, you're dead. 

Or people who survived the concentration camps. The suffering of having to go through this must be hellish beyond comprehension... But some reported that when they completely accepted their situation, they suddenly realized that there was no problem. When they realized that there was nothing, nothing, nothing they could do. And they simply gave up resisting in the face of the futility of fighting against this. And suddenly, with the acceptance of what is, there were no more problems. 

All suffering stems from attachment. Without attachment, there is no suffering. 

49 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

I don't see how selfishness affects the difference between torture and an ice-cream. Even if i was completely selfless, the sensations would not change.

If you were not selfish there would be no difference between the sensation of ice cream and torture.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.