SQAAD

Why Call Reality Love?

105 posts in this topic

@Breakingthewall

52 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

because when the limitation disappears and reality is manifested as the undifferentiated infinity that it really is, there remains only being, infinite joy, love of the infinite towards itself. as this is reality, and torture is apparent manifestation of what it is, so torture is infinite love, we just don't see it that way because of our egoic programming. The real work, the liberation, is be able to see the love in what seems the opposite of love. something that very few of us will be able to achieve

The issue of torture is the one i am struggling to accept or integrate the most. It's just too shocking. And the levels of brutality and pain are just unimaginably horrendous.... Whatever your worst dreams are , God can be all those things it seems. 

Makes you depressed sometimes. Nihilistic. Especially if you ever watch some gore videos like funkytown (this is the worst, don't watch it. There are commentaries on youtube about it though).

Stuff like that leaves you mental scars. I miss the old times when non-duality was all fun and games for me. Now it has become more serious and dark...

Sometimes i get dreams about torture. And it leaves me with a weird feeling of dread.......I am like ''why does this sh*t need to exist, screw you God'' lol

Edited by SQAAD

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Breakingthewall

The issue of torture is the one i am struggling to accept or integrate the most. It's just too shocking. And the levels of brutality and pain are just unimaginably horrendous.... Whatever your worst dreams are , God can be all those things it seems. 

Makes you depressed sometimes. Nihilistic. Especially if you ever watch some gore videos like funkytown (this is the worst, don't watch it. There are commentaries on youtube about it though).

Stuff like that leaves you mental scars. I miss the old times when non-duality was all fun and games for me. Now it has become more serious and dark...

Sometimes i get dreams about torture. And it leaves me with a weird feeling of dread.......I am like ''why does this sh*t need to exist, screw you God'' lol

leo talks about this all the time, stick around and you will see ... in particular i recall him discussing this with curt in the second installment

@gettoefl

4 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

leo talks about this all the time, stick around and you will see ... in particular i recall him discussing this with curt in the second installment

This issue is a tough pill to swallow.....

5 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@gettoefl

This issue is a tough pill to swallow.....

i think it is part of awakening ... and if it were easy all would be aboard the love train instead of living in insanity

I mean if I am honest with myself

All I have ever wanted to give to, or receive from reality is Love.

If I was God, I would create only Love.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The difference between torture and ice cream is purely imaginary.

That's a bias you have because you're selfish.

The problem isn't that God/Love is too shocking, the problem is that your level of selfishness is so astronomical that you can't even see that torture and ice cream are identical. That's how fucking selfish you are ;)

You honestly believe your selfishness is truthful, haha.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Imagine for a second that you have been dwelling in infinite bliss for eternity, knowing that you are God and that nothing, nothing, nothing could ever hurt you. 

Why not forgetfully abandon yourself into horror?  

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The difference between torture and eating ice cream is purely imaginary.

From the point of view of God, which is the essence of all possibility

@Tim R Yeah, I mean from time to to you could do that. If I had forever I would do everything for awhile.

Which I guess I do, so here we are!

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem isn't that God/Love is too shocking, the problem is that your level of selfishness is so astronomical that you can't even see that torture and ice cream are identical. That's how fucking selfish you are ;)

Could someone like Ramana Maharshi enjoy torture the same as an ice-cream then?

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

Is that the right context in which Leo speaks of Gods Love? 

Ramana might hate it. But, God will experience every last drop without hesitation.

◭"89"

@Tim R

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Why not forgetfully abandon yourself into horror?  

Just take a look at stuff like funkytown gore and you understand why not to do that. ;)

Edited by SQAAD

11 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

If fully emersed in the Self, then yes. But at that point there is no difference between those two and he wouldn't care in that state. Enjoying something is a duality 

See, when you speak of Ramana Maharshi then you are speaking of a person, which is "less" than full God-mode. Of course, he as a person still would have preferences

Edited by Jakuchu

4 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

If fully emersed in the Self, then yes 

See, when you speak of Ramana Maharshi then you are speaking of a person, which is "less" than God. Of course, he as a person still would have preferences

@Jakuchu That's the problem right there... Always a person experiences the torture. Not God. That's why it is so horrendous.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Just take a look at stuff like funkytown and you understand why not to do that.

But that's the point. You saying "this is absolutely awful" is the result of yourself having abandoned yourself into horror. 

It's not like I enjoy sh*t like funkytown or even that I know to love this stuff, I don't.

But I do understand that me being repulsed and horrified by certain aspects of reality is just my limited bias and that ultimately, there is no reason whatsoever why I should prefer eating ice cream over being slaughtered with a rusty blade. 

You are projecting selfishness onto reality and then pretend that you didn't and that there is actually something wrong with it. 

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

@Jakuchu That's the problem right there... Always a person experiences the torture. Not God. That's why it is so horrendous.

God is not seperate from the person. God can only know itself as the person in that domain.

a couple hours, years, or days a torture is nothing to God. Just a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop  within a drop within a drop within a drop  within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop within a drop.... ad infinite

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

this is making reality black or white all or nothing

reality is not love it is maximization of love

in other words making the most loving choice possible without hurting yourself or others

god is absolute yes but we sitting here are not

1 minute ago, gettoefl said:

in other words making the most loving choice possible without hurting yourself or others

This doesn't seem to be the case though if you look around the world as it is. Which is God.

There are also some good Christian Parables that show Gods love does include the harm of people.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

16 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

yes the realized ones don't even require anesthetics when they have major surgery, there is no longer attachment to their form

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So when I sat and meditated on my chronic pain until I had no preference in that area that was/is God working through me? 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

So when I sat and mediated on my chronic pain until I had no preference in that area that was/is God working through me? 

yes the body is just a passing phase, we need not be swayed or enslaved by it at all if we become realized