Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Why nothing changed in other "people's" behaviour after I woke up?

129 posts in this topic

@Nahm I had glimpses of it but soon returned to regular dualistic mindset. But it was a life changing insight. I couldn't look the same way on life anymore.

@RMQualtrough I was hoping that recognising the void will somehow change it's appereance around me because my current life was created to keep me unaware of that fact.

@GreenWoods But why keep the illusion of ego if I realised its purpose? Why God doesn't imagine a different reality which would be more in line with my current mindset?

Edited by Tyler Durden

That you have had a mystical experience in the past, and you have seen the videos in which it is said that you are God, does not mean that you are. It has become a concept, ego, only more twisted. the only way to know what you are is to realize it in the present moment. Other things are ideas. explaining these ideas to someone is pointless as they are just like any other idea, ego. 

@Breakingthewall How can you be certain that you yourself aren't coming from a place of ego as you describe?

Edited by Proserpina

???????

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That you have had a mystical experience in the past, and you have seen the videos in which it is said that you are God, does not mean that you are. It has become a concept, ego, only more twisted. the only way to know what you are is to realize it in the present moment. Other things are ideas. explaining these ideas to someone is pointless as they are just like any other idea, ego. 

But Leo's teachings strongly resonate with my inner feeling. Surely I'm on a right path. It wasn't a coincidence for me to discover/create this forum. It was meant to be after my realisation.

Edited by Tyler Durden

5 hours ago, Proserpina said:

@Breakingthewall How can you be certain that you yourself aren't coming from a place of ego as you describe?

I'm certain that I'm talking from the ego, of course. I have some egoless moments. few and short. then the ego comes back and it doesn't make much sense to talk about what I interpret as those moments without ego, since the mental idea that I form is going to be that ... an idea.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

But Leo's teachings strongly resonate with my inner feeling. Surely I'm on a right path. It wasn't a coincidence for me to discover/create this forum. It was meant to be after my realisation.

Yes it's possible, But keep in mind that you are talking about ideas, a belief, that perhaps (in my opinion, yes) points to the truth, but it is not the truth. talking to your friends about it does not make sense, they will take you for naive, deceived, or a little crazy

"I can't get my head around it.. I thought I found it... But I found out I don't know shit.."

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes it's possible, But keep in mind that you are talking about ideas, a belief, that perhaps (in my opinion, yes) points to the truth, but it is not the truth. talking to your friends about it does not make sense, they will take you for naive, deceived, or a little crazy

Yeah, I understand that I'm still far away from the truth because I still have so many questions. I was just hoping that I will notice changes in people around me as I progress in my path. Something like that phrase: "If you become enlightened - everybody becomes enlightened"

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

"If you become enlightened - everybody becomes enlightened"

This is true, as much as possible for any words to be true.

More accurate formulation (still not truth, only pointer) would be "when the 'me' falls away, it's seen it has never existed. And it is seen everyone else does not have a 'me' as well"

So what's the 'logical' conclusion then? Since you're not seeing people any differently?

Edited by Chris365

Just now, Chris365 said:

This is true, as much as possible for any words to be true. So what's the 'logical' conclusion then? Since you're not seeing people any differently?

I guess either I'm not enlightened yet or this is what enlightenment looks like.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess either I'm not enlightened yet or this is what enlightenment looks like.

You keep repeating this "I'm not enlightened yet"... You will NEVER be enlightened. If you think you're enlightened, you're not... since you do not exist already.

THIS is indeed what enlightenment looks like ;)... for no one. No one knows THIS, it's just THIS... appearing as a 'me' that thinks they're enlightened... It's not you that thinks 'your' thoughts... There's just thinking appearing to happen, for nobody.

Really, LOOK ! xD

7 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

You keep repeating this "I'm not enlightened yet"... You will NEVER be enlightened. If you think you're enlightened, you're not... since you do not exist already.

THIS is indeed what enlightenment looks like ;)... for no one. No one knows THIS, it's just THIS... appearing as a 'me' that thinks they're enlightened... It's not you that thinks 'your' thoughts... There's just thinking appearing to happen, for nobody.

Really, LOOK ! xD

Is enlightenment equal to ego death and God realisation? I realised my human form doesn't exist. It's merely a tool for void/nothingness/conciousness/universe/God to experience this dream. Just an illusion like everything else.

Edited by Tyler Durden

38 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

"If you become enlightened - everybody becomes enlightened"

everyone is living the absolute truth according to their level of consciousness

when you awaken you see that everyone is perfect and everything is perfect (based on the above statement)

this allows you to love the worst of the worst

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

@GreenWoods But why keep the illusion of ego if I realised its purpose? Why God doesn't imagine a different reality which would be more in line with my current mindset?

God keeps imagining stuff forever.

Sometimes God keeps imagining illusions after awakening and sometimes doesn't. 

You might as well ask why God imagines 10 stones in front of you rather than 11.

Maybe God likes a challenge, so illusions keep being imagined. If all illusions drop at once, that would make that path a lot less challenging  .

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I realised my human form doesn't exist. It's merely a tool for void/nothingness/conciousness/universe/God to experience this dream. 

The human form is not a tool. The dream isn't experienced through the human. The dream is completely independent of the human. If God wants, God can evaporate the physical human within 1 second, and keep imagining the dream exactly like before (just wihout body sensations).

6 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

The human form is not a tool. The dream isn't experienced through the human. The dream is completely independent of the human. If God wants, God can evaporate the physical human within 1 second, and keep imagining the dream exactly like before (just wihout body sensations).

You mean something like OBE?

@Tyler Durden imagine looking into a microscope.. and zooming in further and further until finally you zoomed in on Earth and then found yourself and zoomed in on yourself until you saw yourself looking into a microscope, and zoomed in on the back of your head, and kept zooming in further and further until you finally zoomed in on Earth and found yourself and zoomed in on that....

That's a metaphor for the shape of experience. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You mean something like OBE?

If you want you can call it an OBE.

It's just that perceptions don't depend on the human form. So the human form is not necessary at all for 'perceptions' to exist.

All the stories how seeing happens through the eyes and all that stuff is pure fantasy. 

Eyes have NOTHING to do with there being visual stuff out there.

Silly to assume that the dream would change. Knowing that a video game isn't real does not change the video game.

Liberation is not achieved by manipulating the game. It is achieved by complete surrender to the game as it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

If an organism had a sense organ as powerful as the eyes that could 'see' your internal environment at the same time as your external environment, it might recognize there is no boundary between the two and there would be no 'place' for that 'perspective' to exist... there would be no 'looking out' at the world, or 'looking in at the world'.. there would just be 'the world', which is the case.  It's the imaginary boundary between 'you' and 'that which is not you' that calls itself 'ego' or 'self'.. and that boundary doesn't exist. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

10 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Tyler Durden imagine looking into a microscope.. and zooming in further and further until finally you zoomed in on Earth and then found yourself and zoomed in on yourself until you saw yourself looking into a microscope, and zoomed in on the back of your head, and kept zooming in further and further until you finally zoomed in on Earth and found yourself and zoomed in on that....

That's a metaphor for the shape of experience. 

Total mindfuck. I need to contemplate on that more.

6 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

If you want you can call it an OBE.

It's just that perceptions don't depend on the human form. So the human form is not necessary at all for 'perceptions' to exist.

All the stories how seeing happens through the eyes and all that stuff is pure fantasy. 

I become aware of that after realising I don't have a head in my direct experience. But I still wonder why reality disappears when I close my "eyes" and why do I "see" my face in the mirror?

Edited by Tyler Durden

19 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

If an organism had a sense organ as powerful as the eyes that could 'see' your internal environment at the same time as your external environment, it might recognize there is no boundary between the two and there would be no 'place' for that 'perspective' to exist... there would be no 'looking out' at the world, or 'looking in at the world'.. there would just be 'the world', which is the case.  It's the imaginary boundary between 'you' and 'that which is not you' that calls itself 'ego' or 'self'.. and that boundary doesn't exist. 

@Mason Riggle Yes, that might work. 

But it wouldn't be the sense organ responsible for that stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

. But I still wonder why reality disappears when I close my "eyes" and why do I "see" my face in the mirror?

@Tyler Durden  Well without that no one would buy into the illusion of sensory organs.

So God imagines stuff that is in accordance with scientific theories, such that people actually believe scientic theories. 

In a dream, when you close your eyes, everything becomes dark as well. But were it the eyes that was responsible for the visual stuff?

You might as well see all that visual stuff with eyes closed, or no eyes. If God decides so.

Edited by GreenWoods