Endangered-EGO

Damn 6 hours and it's not over yet? Curt Jaimungal podcast.

68 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to have an accurate perception of my own talking: who it works for, and who it doesn't. Some may love it, some may hate it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What I have come to realize is that it will never be possible to have the structure necessary to convince newbies via an interview

I don't think a newbie would watch 6h interview anyway, such interview is pretty much exclusively for non-newbies

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Interviews are new for yourself I think right? I know you might not do many of them, but suspect they are a skill you will develop as you may do more.

I am imagining interviews being a balance of strategy, and trying to speak clearly and also... Letting go and flowing.

@Enlightenment They might, depends on the newbie and their background. 

Me as a newbie (which I still am) just consume everything

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's hard for me to have an accurate perception of my own talking: who it works for, and who it doesn't. Some may love it, some may hate it.

I personally feel like you're catering way too much for a scientific audience even in your own videos. Like debunking some silly materialist point for 1h~ when the video itself is only 2h. Sometimes it makes me kinda yawn a bit, or want to speed the video up. Other relevant parts make it all worth it anyways, though

7 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

I personally feel like you're catering way too much for a scientific audience even in your own videos. Like debunking some silly materialist point for 1h~ when the video itself is only 2h. Sometimes it makes me kinda yawn a bit, or want to speed the video up. Other relevant parts make it all worth it anyways, though

Unfortunatly to many people are stuck in the materialists worldview,  so sometimes it is necessary to rant about it, but the best in that category is Bernardo Kastrup, he is really good at it

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

25 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

I don't think a newbie would watch 6h interview anyway, such interview is pretty much exclusively for non-newbies

That is a good point. These are the kind of things I'm not good at judging.

24 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Interviews are new for yourself I think right? I know you might not do many of them, but suspect they are a skill you will develop as you may do more.

I am imagining interviews being a balance of strategy, and trying to speak clearly and also... Letting go and flowing.

Interviews are a specific skill-set which is not the same as my normal videos. Interviews require snappy, pithy, distilled replies -- which is not my strength.

18 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

It's hard to please both sides. There are natural trade-offs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey, as you've taught me 

Experience is king 

Glad you had a fun new experience and I look forward to seeing it

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I notice on Simulation the interviewer allows the person he is interviewing to really talk long form. He interviewed Rak Razam about 5meodmt  and awakening many times and his content is very strongly aligned with yours. I wonder if it is a good match for you. I sense his audience is a match as well.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

lmao someone in the comments made a joke about how it would be 10 hours long since they both make such long videos

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Interviews are a specific skill-set which is not the same as my normal videos. Interviews require snappy, pithy, distilled replies -- which is not my strength.

@Leo Gura This is a good thing. The first thought that comes up, might indicate your underlying beliefs.

Rupert spira said exactly that. Curts questions made him aware of things he didn't know he thought to be true.

8 hours, Jesus Christ.

Leo may as well release it as a paid course lol

Edited by Arzola

8 HOURS?!

well, I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised 

8 hours straight? Where there times you felt tired in that interview? That's insane. Not as intense as scripting and editing a hours long video many times though, but wow that's a long interview.

@Leo Gura I think a podcast would work better wherein you chronologically tell your journey of understanding Truth, as it would build up naturally at a linear pace allowing the unfamiliar viewer to keep up, even if you'd have to do more than 1 episodes

i'm sure it'll still be enjoyable tho

Edited by Regan

It just shows how much these guys love what they do. Inspiring!

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

11 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

How was it? @Leo Gura

I'm so excited to listen to it!

IMG_20210827_175346.jpg

Mental masturbation????

3 hours ago, James12345 said:

Mental masturbation????

Why not

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Why not

Entertainment, nothing do with Truth. ????

Edited by James12345