Vision

What does your diet look like?

22 posts in this topic

Interested in seeing what everyone eats on a day to day basis. Drop them here!

There is a lot of dogma and ego in our diet culture.
Everyone wants to eat the "perfect" thing at the perfect time, which is insane in my opinion.

That said, I really like Michael Pollans approach to this: "Eat real, unprocessed food, not too much, mostly plants."
Thats how my diet looks like and I feel perfectly fine. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

I eat a mostly frugivore diet. Fruits for breakfast, fruits and nuts for lunch, and for dinner I have rice, beans, corn, fruits, nuts, potatoes etc.

9 hours ago, undeather said:

There is a lot of dogma and ego in our diet culture.
Everyone wants to eat the "perfect" thing at the perfect time, which is insane in my opinion.

That said, I really like Michael Pollans approach to this: "Eat real, unprocessed food, not too much, mostly plants."
Thats how my diet looks like and I feel perfectly fine. 

Agreed. 

8 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

As long as you don't become a frugivore, you should be fine.

3 hours ago, KennedyCarter said:

I eat a mostly frugivore diet. Fruits for breakfast, fruits and nuts for lunch, and for dinner I have rice, beans, corn, fruits, nuts, potatoes etc.

LOL I love how these posts are right next to each other

@KennedyCarter That's interesting though. How do you feel eating that way? I'm keen on experimenting with that once my solve my gut issues.

@Vision I feel great. Eating Whole Foods from the earth is what works best for our body. Fruit was made for us, that’s why we have thumbs.

I've been vegetarian for 18 years now, I've been leaning towards full veganism but never quite got there. Currently I'm off cheese but I still have an occasional egg or two. So basically I'm almost vegan I guess.

@Vision I mostly eat a Pescatarian diet. Once I stopped eating red meat, dairy and processed foods I felt a lot better. My mood and energy levels improved. Eating more raw foods helps my energy too. You have to experiment with different diets. Everyone is different. Test a variety of foods and diets out. Your body will always tell you. Pay attention to how you feel after you eat certain foods. You can dramatically improve the way you feel mentally and physically by changing your diet. It's is vital to feeling your best. 

4 hours ago, KennedyCarter said:

Fruit was made for us, that’s why we have thumbs.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the evolution of species over millions of years and the postural and practical advantage of having opposable thumbs :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Give us what the people want, a full day of eating from Michal ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 hours ago, KennedyCarter said:

Fruit was made for us, that’s why we have thumbs.

At this point I'm starting to question if you're even being serious...

31 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

At this point I'm starting to question if you're even being serious...

I guess she is just trolling.. Or extremely foolish.

Look at her 2 topics "humans are frugivores" and "what veganism did to my body". 

She doesn't seem to be interested in understanding how proper diet works instead she just defends her "frugivore"-ideology in a childish and kind of clowny manner... 

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Lol I been following some recipes/diet from the "Thyroid Healing" book, it's probably not necessary to go that extreme but I did notice an energy uptick and less brain fogginess. (Juicing, veg and fruit heavy no carb no diary, high quality protein, heavy metal detox, supplements for nutrients I'm short on). 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I'm a pescatarian, so I'll eat fish(seafood in general) but not land animals. I initially went vegan after my awakenings out of empathy for animal life. But, eventually I realized how all was an illusion made from the same substance so me believing not eating a certain food was empathic, was just that, a belief. So after going vegetarian for about a year I settled on pescatarian. I have nothing against eating meat again one day, it currently just doesn't sound appealing.

With that aside I eat relatively healthy. I rarely ever eat junk food and sweets. Lots of fruits and veggies are in my daily diet and fish every few days of the week. I tend to stay away from processed foods if I can and I try not to eat too much bread. All of this I don't put too much energy thinking about.  It's not too important and besides maintaining good health there is no overall goal I'm looking for such as weight loss or muscle gain.

I mainly drink decaffeinated back tea, water, and I'll have some kombucha a few times a week. All of this is quite enjoyable to me. I don't feel like I'm at a loss of something or something needs to be cut out that I'm indulging in. I feel great and healthy everyday for the past 4 years I've been eating this way. Though, my prior diet was never that unhealthy either the only difference was I would eat meat as well. 

Edited by Nos7algiK

My diet consists of:

1) Meats (lots of chicken, and some salmon and red meats)

2) Fat free milk (reg fat choc milk after a workout)

3) Cereal/grains/granola/rice

4) Fats from avocado and organic virgin olive oil

5) Black coffee

Prior to this diet I would say I used to have the pretty typical western diet of burgers, pizza, canned food, sugars, breads etc. The above diet works really well for me and I have no cravings whatsoever even when running a calorie deficit (currently in cutting mode to 9-10% bodyfat). I feel I have way higher energy now and am currently able to build muscle while cutting fat.

Vegetables of all kinds, but some more frequently than others - typically lettuce, onions, and tomato with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt.

Fruits - I love blackberries, oranges, and strawberries. 

Meat/fish - Chicken, red meat, sardines, salmon, and on rare occasion organ meats. 

Dairy - whole fat yogurt, milk (usually in coffee), butter and cheese. 

Eggs

Mushrooms

seeds/nuts 

I try to go to for organic plants and pasture raised animals/ wild caught

and I still treat myself every once in a while with pizza, cheeseburger, and wings if I'm out with friends.

My favorite dishes are usually vegetables with fish/meat and chicken soup or vegetable soup. 

I eat all kind of crap. Junk food almost every day. I'm healthy and not fat.

At the moment:

Fruit, vegetables, pumpkin/squash, grains such as wild rice, quinoa and oats, various nuts and seeds. 

Animals: occasional eggs, wallaby meat almost everyday at lunch, lamb liver. 

+ green tea - matcha + loose leaf in the one cup, with a 1/3 teaspoon of vitamin c for ECGC bioavailability.