A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, solo said:

why is it important for you to encourage others to begin the journey towards self-actualization?

what types of things do you do for fun?

1) I like to share deep insights with people.

2) At this point, very little. My life is mostly centered around my work and purpose. Fun for me is either doing my work, doing nothing, taking a long road trip, being out in nature, hanging out with a girl.

As far as cheap low-grade entertainment goes:

• I'll play a video game once in a while
  • I'll watch some funny political commentary from the Daily Show or Stephen Colbert
  • I'll browse tech news websites like The Verge

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How fast do you read? Can you increase your normal reading speed without losing comprehension?

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Leo Gura 

1. Name 2/3 public/famous people u consider to be stage ''yellow'' or above.
2. Are you hammering a grand plan for helping people get high trough the stages described in the ''graves model'' and lead them to the golden era of  human kind, except trough the videos.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Leo, I know from your various videos, that you with family moved from Russia long time ago. What were the reasons for your immigration, how did you handle "cultural shock" and what was your first impression on USA?

Was Leonid your russian name?  :)

Edited by kalter000
My English still sucks (FeelsBadMan)

@Leo Gura What are your thoughts on Kurt Cobain? Why is/was he an inspiration to millions of people? His life is such an amazing and beautiful story. 

Do you have a favorite color? 

Edited by Thiri

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ;) Yes, it was a lot of effort.

Was one of your methods include making videos "chimpery"?

4 hours ago, Phrae said:

How fast do you read? Can you increase your normal reading speed without losing comprehension?

Normal pace. I can speed-read but I don't like to.

4 hours ago, Clayman said:

@Leo Gura 

1. Name 2/3 public/famous people u consider to be stage ''yellow'' or above.
2. Are you hammering a grand plan for helping people get high trough the stages described in the ''graves model'' and lead them to the golden era of  human kind, except trough the videos.

1) Most of them you wouldn't know. Barrack Obama is probably a good public example of yellow. Which is why the right demonizes him. Blue and Orange can't stand Yellow.

2) I don't really seek to change society. I just like sharing insights with whoever wants to hear them.

4 hours ago, kalter000 said:

Leo, I know from your various videos, that you with family moved from Russia long time ago. What were the reasons for your immigration, how did you handle "cultural shock" and what was your first impression on USA?

Reason for immigration was that communist Russia sucked balls compared to the US.

I liked the US instantly, but it took me many years to learn how Americans think.

4 hours ago, Davo124 said:

@Leo Gura What are your thoughts on Kurt Cobain? Why is/was he an inspiration to millions of people? His life is such an amazing and beautiful story. 

I know little about him.

3 hours ago, Thiri said:

Do you have a favorite color? 

Blue!

3 hours ago, David Miller said:

What is your life purpose, clearly stated?

I explain that in much detail in the life purpose course.

What age would you like to retire? How much money would you donate to charity? 

Just now, Argue said:

What age would you like to retire? How much money would you donate to charity? 

I've never thought about retiring. My work is my life and vice versa. Even if I go live in a cabin in the woods until I die, I will still consider that my work.

I don't ever feel a need to donate money because I strive to make my life and my work my donation to the world.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've never thought about retiring. My work is my life and vice versa. Even if I go live in a cabin in the woods until I die, I will still consider that my work.

I don't ever feel a need to donate money because I strive to make my life and my work my donation to the world.

Fantastic answer. You're an inspiration! That was beautiful. 

@Leo Gura What was the mod for a video game you made, which became the starting point of your game designer career? And what was the game?

Edited by Naviy

22 minutes ago, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura What was the mod for a video game you made, which became the starting point of your game designer career? And what was the game?

Lost Spires, Oblivion

What does a typical work day schedule look like (in a minute to minute basis)?
How many hours do you work per day? Do you have off days?

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

1 minute ago, Phrae said:

What does a typical work day schedule look like (in a minute to minute basis)?
How many hours do you work per day? Do you have off days?

My work and daily life pretty much blend so it's very hard to separate the two. I don't work set hours.

I probably work 50 to 70 hours per week on average.

I generally try not to work Sat or Sun. But I still publish videos and answer lots of comments, sometimes for hours on Sunday.

@Leo Gura what do think the hardest part of Self-Actualization has been thus far? The biggest personal challenge you had to or are still overcoming?

Do you feel Russian, American, both, neither or something else? Do you identify with some type of culture or nationality? Do you think that it's important to a person's well-being?

How do you perceive reality relative to your past after so much of consciousness work?

What are you most grateful for right now?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki