A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

Hey Leo, are you interested in such illusionary thing as soul and reincarnation? What does your research suggest so far about whether illusionary body has illusionary soul and whether reincarnation exists as a phenomenon of course? 

And are you going to shoot videos about that?

Edited by Monkey-man

On 11/16/2017 at 11:49 PM, The White Belt said:

@Leo Gura - your answer sounds reactive. Please try not to project fame or celebrity onto what I'm asking here. Act like I'm asking you who your favourite Renaissance painter is. Do you have a favourite actor without the baggage of fame etc? Or maybe you could answer with a favourite acting performance that you've seen that particularly impressed you with its exhibition of excellence? 

Just not something I care much about.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What inspired you at an early age to make your life big and to become passionate about Life Purpose later on.  When did you see that you needed to go rogue and design your own career and realize how powerful and necessary this strategy is in life for some people.  Not everyone falls into the available career cubbyholes we have in our society.  And most of us simply were raised with big gaps in our educations, due to our families, etc.

It is pretty bold to create your own career.  How come I missed this and you figured this out?  Did someone or something influence you that I didn't get?  What did you figure out that I missed?  Why did I miss it?  I'm a smart dude too.

This is a good question. It baffles me sometimes that everyone isn't doing it.

Since I was 7 years old, I knew I wanted a passion-based career. Because I was passionate about creating stuff. I wanted to create video games, digital art, computers, airplanes, etc, etc. It was just the most obvious thing. How can you see the beauty of life and not want to participate in the process???

But it took me some trial and error to figure out how to really make that happen, and that I wanted to work for myself. That wasn't something I discovered until I got my first job at age 23, straight out of college. Up until that point I thought I was destined to work inside a company or studio. But my experience inside a studio quickly showed me that I was really destined to create on my own. And so I mustered the courage to quit within the next 6 months. It was one of the best decisions of my life. But it wasn't easy to do at the time.

Sounds like you just didn't get in touch with being a creator. It's a spiritual connection. You have to be an artist at heart. Artists in the audience will understand what I'm talking about. The beauty of reality compels you.

6 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura You like dance music?

Some select songs, sure. There is no kind of music I like across the board. I rarely even listen to albums because most of the songs don't meet my quality standards.

6 hours ago, Soulbass said:

@Leo Gura Have you been using future reports ? What about those on alabe.com ?

Don't know what that is.

4 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

Hey Leo, are you interested in such illusionary thing as soul and reincarnation? What does your research suggest so far about whether illusionary body has illusionary soul and whether reincarnation exists as a phenomenon of course? 

And are you going to shoot videos about that?

Yes, I'm interested in it. Although not so much that I go out of my way chasing answers.

It wouldn't surprise me if the human body was an outgrowth of a deeper structure like a "soul" which can spawn multiple bodies over time.

Even if there are souls, the truth of no-self still underlies everything. From what I understand now, everything infinitely reincarnates. Reality has infinite structure and boundaries, but all those boundaries are ultimately nondual, permeated by Nothingness, which ties everything together.

I will shoot a video when I have something more concrete to say about it. It's still an iffy subject in my mind. And I won't want to scare people off with woo-woo topics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, I'm interested in it. Although not so much that I go out of my way chasing answers.

It wouldn't surprise me if the human body was an outgrowth of a deeper structure like a "soul" which can spawn multiple bodies over time.

Even if there are souls, the truth of no-self still underlies everything. From what I understand now, everything infinitely reincarnates. Reality has infinite structure and boundaries, but all those boundaries are ultimately nondual, permeated by Nothingness, which ties everything together.

I will shoot a video when I have something more concrete to say about it. It's still an iffy subject in my mind. And I won't want to scare people off with woo-woo topics.

I don't think it matters whether there are "souls" or not. I think life is infinite and eternal. Nothing else makes much sense to me. Of course, I don't know, and I agree that's the place one should always start from. But think about it; why is there perspective in the first place? To use up a "one shot"? So it is depleted once it happened once? How much sense does that actually make? The present moment is eternal. In which way is hard to understand, but that there's "something", I'm getting pretty sure about, in both an intuitive but also logical way. But don't know it.

@Leo Gura A while back you released the episode '10 important things you don't know you want'. Ever since, I have used that as my life map. Do you think more should be added to that list? How many of those ten things do you feel you attained? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura How often is the advice you give to viewers often related to the past Leo or bits of you that you would like to improve?

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just not something I care much about.

Fair enough! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

This is just an idea from my point of view.  You should do an enlightenment course.  And also the reprogramming course.  Both of those courses would be very powerful.  Another course would be the execution course teaching people the pragmatics and logistics of execution and peak-performance -- or you can add this material to the reprogramming course.  

Enlightenment, Life Purpose, Reprogramming, Execution

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is just an idea from my point of view.  You should do an enlightenment course.  And also the reprogramming course.  Both of those courses would be very powerful.  Another course would be the execution course teaching people the pragmatics and logistics of execution and peak-performance -- or you can add this material to the reprogramming course.  

I don't believe Leo is enlightened.

Would it not be wiser to follow your intuition, and ask for guidance from someone who has the results you want?

@Charlotte Its reduced it. I always feel better after yoga. My shoulders are not as tight. I still get pain every now and again after sitting infront of the PC for too long.

3 hours ago, Jasmine said:

@Charlotte Its reduced it. I always feel better after yoga. My shoulders are not as tight. I still get pain every now and again after sitting infront of the PC for too long.

Wow! I'm glad it's worked for you ? I will definitely give it a try, thank you for sharing and replying.

Is there any sexual attraction after enlightment?   get there’s Proably no desire for it after enlightment but can one still enjoy it after enlightment?

@Leo Gura Have you ever tripped and just meditated throughout the whole time? I'm thinking about doing this, but I'm not sure whether or not this is a good idea.

@Scarecrow You can desire things, its unhleathy to desire in a way you want to change things. Desiring things is fine, but you have something and wish you could change it because you think its insufficient thats when suffering starts

On 19.11.2017 at 10:10 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Why don't you do it? Or write about it? I.e. use this as the material for starting your freelance writing career?

On 11/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura A while back you released the episode '10 important things you don't know you want'. Ever since, I have used that as my life map. Do you think more should be added to that list? How many of those ten things do you feel you attained? 

I don't even recall what I said in that episode. I shoot and write down so many insights they are impossible to remember logically. Everything gets integrated into my mind, but I can't necessarily recall it in an instant on demand.

Yes, I'm sure many more things could be added to that list. All my lists are just tips of the iceberg usually. I could make those lists 100 items long, but the videos are long enough already.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:18 AM, RossE said:

@Leo Gura How often is the advice you give to viewers often related to the past Leo or bits of you that you would like to improve?

Always. All my advice is to my current self, past self, or future self. I am not above you guys. What you see in the videos is just my thought process, which is always evolving.

Every video I shoot becomes outdated the very next day for me, because just by shooting it and reading your guys comments, I already discover my errors and ignorance on the subject, deepening and refining my prior insights.

On 11/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

We shall see how things unfold. I am just a vehicle of infinite intelligence. I will do what it beckons me to do.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:47 PM, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Leo, me and you are friends right?

Sure, if that helps you feel warm and fuzzy ;)

On 11/20/2017 at 3:16 PM, Scarecrow said:

Is there any sexual attraction after enlightment?   get there’s Proably no desire for it after enlightment but can one still enjoy it after enlightment?

After enlightenment your genitals wither away ;)

On 11/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, BobbyLowell said:

@Leo Gura what is your morning routine? What things help you with being nonjudgemental and authentic on a daily basis?

Currently my morning routine is nothing fancy. I'll probably improve it in the future and post a video about it.

Psychedelics & contemplation.

20 hours ago, DnoReally said:

@Leo Gura Have you ever tripped and just meditated throughout the whole time? I'm thinking about doing this, but I'm not sure whether or not this is a good idea.

Of course it's a good idea. You will go super-deep. It's really the only way one should trip.

And my "meditate" I simply mean: sit and observe without moving. No techniques. Just be conscious and fully alert without distractions.

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Do you still listen to non-duality talks? Who are your favorite teachers then?
How deeply have you studied Tibetan Buddhism? Do you plan to study it more?
Do you plan to do a dark-room retreat?
Do you plan to do an isolation tank retreat?
Do you plan to travel to spiritual places in Asia?

I listen to and read everything under the sun, from nonduality to evolutionary theory to brain science to cosmology. I have dozens of favorite teachers, but I am loyal to none of them. I'm sort of a nonduality slut ;)

Not very deeply. I don't see the point of getting deep into the scriptures and such. That would be a distraction. A general understanding is good enough for our purposes here. You can easily waste years studying that stuff without actually becoming conscious of what is being talked about.

Yes, I would like to do a dark room retreat at some point. Hard to find the time.

I have done float tank once. I didn't find it helpful. In the time it takes me to drive there and shower, I can already be tripping balls at home. Noises and sensations are not something that bothers me in meditation. They are all good things to meditate upon. If anything, I find the float tank to be a distraction because of the weird sensation of being in this foreign capsule of salty water. I don't see the point of it.

Yes, I do want to travel to India at some point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Have you taken cold showers or do you take cold showers? Have you had a favorite sport, like when your were younger?

:D

Hey Leo, I don't have a question but I'd like to say Thank you for all that you have done and helped create these forums and videos and community bringing all these people together and now helping each other rise to new heights. All it takes is one spark, one seed, one source of light to illuminate the entire universe. Not immediately but definitely.

We are that in the making, we are the rising phoenix.

Proud of you all

One Love

B R E A T H E