Muhammad Jawad

Soonhei (Member of this community) killed himself to experience Conscious Death. :-(

502 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Do you think after this has happened you and the mods should have more suicide prevention training and/or have a dedicated specialist dealing with this? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Connor lies so much 

why did he lie to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Surfingthewave That seems like something that is far beyond the scope of this website. This place isn't a mental health institution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Leo Gura

Do you think after this has happened you and the mods should have more suicide prevention training and/or have a dedicated specialist dealing with this?

That is not feasible and that will not be happening.

I made a decision a few years ago when I updated the disclaimers to the Forum Guidelines that we are not in the business of suicide prevention or mental healthcare. Nor will we be entering that business.

This forum's purpose is to be a casual place for chit-chat. This forum is a tiny part of my job and it eats up way too much time and energy as it is. I spend more time policing this forum that I do on any other aspect of Actualized.org -- just to keep the devilry in check. This is precisely why I never started a large organization or spiritual commune. The idea was to keep things small and simple and casual.

In the future I may remove every social aspect of Actualized.org entirely. No comments, no forum. Just videos. Because that is the core of what I do. I am not a babysitter. I am a researcher. And we don't have any corporate team here.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, to understand this you would have to become conscious of what "other" is.

You might be shocked to discover that "other" is your own imagination.

@Leo Gura I guess the question is whether the "other" as a figment of God's imagination can experience suffering outside of the direct experience that is right here right now. Or the simpler question, is there anything other than what's right here right now? From how I've understood your teachings as well as my own insights via psychedelics, the answer is perhaps no. But I could see how that knowledge could lead to some twisted places, or at least twisted in the construct of what society deems to be twisted. Or twisted in how the ego hijacks this absolute truth and uses it to reorient life in a sociopathic way. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is precisely why I never started a large organization or spiritual commune.

?

Well, I think you made the right choice!

Imagine the potential horrors of those options...

Not to mention, has a spiritual commune ever ended well? Like, ever? Maybe I’m wrong about that, but if true, I sort of doubt you’d be the very first to successfully pull it off.

All things considered, you’ve done extremely well with actualized.org, in my estimation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura

Maybe what could be done is to add as a function a button to report death related threads or posts that looks from mildly suspicious to straight out creepy.

And with it could come an automatic dm in the user's box, with warnings, directions and disclaimers.

 


Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if this website will get a massive backlash.


لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Husseinisdoingfine

1 minute ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Wondering if this website will get a massive backlash.

In that case it would be a smart move to shut down the comment section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

Or the simpler question, is there anything other than what's right here right now?

No. There is not.

However, be careful...

Even though this is all there is, be wary of these assumptions:

That you should know all there is.

That this is in (or at) an exclusive “here and now” as opposed to some other here and now.

It’s those assumptions which can lead you astray — resorting to mere irrational, contorted, false belief that “this is all there is” in a way that is not the truth.

There is only what does and doesn’t appear ≈ I am you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Surfingthewave That seems like something that is far beyond the scope of this website. This place isn't a mental health institution 

Precisely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

That you should know all there is.

That this is in (or at) an exclusive “here and now” as opposed to some other here and now.

@The0Self Can you clarify these two points? Not sure I'm following, but I sense they're important. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Leo Gura I guess the question is whether the "other" as a figment of God's imagination can experience suffering outside of the direct experience that is right here right now. Or the simpler question, is there anything other than what's right here right now? From how I've understood your teachings as well as my own insights via psychedelics, the answer is perhaps no. But I could see how that knowledge could lead to some twisted places, or at least twisted in the construct of what society deems to be twisted. Or twisted in how the ego hijacks this absolute truth and uses it to reorient life in a sociopathic way. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Well, you need to become conscious what is absolutely true about the matter.

Personally I have answered the question for myself. I know it's all an illusion. But you have to see that for yourself to believe it.

Beware! To see the total illusion will not be easy to stomach. And it may endanger your material existence.

I reached a point in my consciousness where if I went any deeper, I would probably be dead right now.

17 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Not to mention, has a spiritual commune ever ended well? Like, ever?

Has any large human social group ever ended well? Like, ever?

Think about why that is.

17 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

@Leo Gura

Maybe what could be done is to add as a function a button to report death related threads or posts that looks from mildly suspicious to straight out creepy.

And with it could come an automatic dm in the user's box, with warnings, directions and disclaimers.

This forum software is very complex and it basically cannot be changed.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the whole problem. It takes a lot of time and energy to sort the truth from the games.

Our resources on this forum are limited. This is not designed to be a full-service shop. This is suppose to be a casual place for basic Q&A and socialization. We are not equipped to deal with serious mental health issues here.

If I had a way to filtering out mentally unstable people from joining this forum, I would do so. Because it is not my job to work with such people. But such filtering is impossible.

I find it ironic that you talk about helping people on their spiritual path meanwhile completely ignoring mental and emotional issues that can exist not only independent of this path but are also a part of this path.

Now don't take this as a personal attack. I'm not trying to attack you.

You do realize that people on this path are going to experience intense experiences while doing this work 

You yourself have cried many times in your video and so you must be aware what I'm talking about.

You saying that someone is mentally unstable for entertaining suicidal thoughts is like a doctor saying that they only deal with patients who have a positive response to their medication and treatment program and those who report side effects of the medication are conveniently deleted and packed and sent home by branding them as weirdos.

I'm not trying to say that you're demonizing people with mental issues but it seems like you're excessively absolving yourself of any responsibility for people experiencing weird emotions when such experiences are extremely common in any spiritual community.

How do you create space for all the good things by simply cutting off all the bad aspects as inconvenient to your agenda?

Isn't the definition of doing  good supposed to be creating refuge for the bad stuff and a healing space for the bad stuff to recover and turn to Good ?

Or do you want a more stage Orange success mentality on here combined with spiritual ego aka spiritual Messiah kind of thing?

 

 


 INTP loner... .shy girl.. The devil loves me a bit too much. 

Quick access to journal entries

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I find it ironic that you talk about helping people on their spiritual path meanwhile completely ignoring mental and emotional issues that can exist not only independent of this path but are also a part of this path.

I basically expect you to handle your own emotional stuff. I don't have the time to deal with people's emotional ups and downs.

I talk about emotional issues in my videos but I am not going to hold your hand through them. This is totally unfeasible to do and you gotta learn to deal with it yourself anyways. If you need emotional assistance, that's what you hire a therapist for. And don't forget, a therapist charges $200/hr.

If you were playing me $200/hr, then you could expect one-on-one personal help with your emotions.

A doctor charges you $400/hr.

This is an online chatroom.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spiritzz said:

 I would advice Leo to contact help lines or psychologists who can explain what you can do, to not trigger these persons in the wrong direction. On our national TV when a heavy subject is on that can spark stuff a telephone helpline is always shown. 

It's not any particularly moderators or Leo's responsibility to look after people here. You are here at your own choice and risk. And you practise spirituality at your own risk.

If people need specialist mental health advice, then they should be going to specialist mental health advisors and therapists. Leo, nor any moderator, are required to provide that. This is not the place for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This forum software is very complex and it basically cannot be changed.

Oh well. Too bad. :(


Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I basically expect you to handle your own emotional stuff. I don't have the time to deal with people's emotional ups and downs.

I talk about emotional issues in my videos but I am not going to hold your hand through them. This totally unfeasible to do and you gotta learn to deal with it yourself anyways. If you need emotional assistance, that's what you hire a therapist for. And don't forget, a therapist charges $200/hr.

If you were playing me $200/hr, then you could expect one-on-one personal help with your emotions.

Luckily my therapy is covered by my health insurance. I wouldn't do spirituality if I couldn't afford the professional help. 


My journal on self-actualization, relationships and dating:

Pickup Express Journal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Luckily my therapy is covered by my health insurance. I wouldn't do spirituality if I couldn't afford the professional help. 

Few people in the world have such luxuries.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the future I may remove every social aspect of Actualized.org entirely. No comments, no forum. Just videos.

This would be a huge loss (yeah, I know I'm being selfish). Exchange with other people is extremely valuable, one, because it provides alleviation from the sense of loneliness that comes with going deep in this work and two, it simply enlarges the information network. The more people, the more information. 

@Leo GuraPeople discover Actualized.org because they want to know how to not give a sh*t what others think or how to meditate. And then they discover the rest. 

The relation between "depth of content" and "degree of shallowness of average follower" is too wide of a gap. 

I'm not telling you to divide Actualized.org into two camps, but the discrepancy between the levels of development that meet within the framework of Actualized.org has become unsustainably large. Hell, it even took a massive toll on the popularity of your brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.