TheSomeBody

why leo so negative about his viewers

164 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ilja said:

From what I know Leo is not interested in embodiment,

Actually, I think @Scholar said that,,,

I’m not in complete agreement with that one. 
My assessment from one perspective is that he embodies the pancreas dominant Lunar essence type which natural energies are passive and negative. Essence type is deeper than personality traits.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Touché @ilja

Should have added I do appreciate the left brain, right brain perspective.

The plain truth is that I've always been kind of a jerk, and as I become more conscious and more authentic I can be even more jerk-like because I care less about what others want me to be.

The nice thing about waking up is that it trims off all the social pretense. Some people are just jerks. Not everyone is gonna be a carebear. To equate that with consciousness is silly.

I will be exactly how I feel like and I don't care if you like it. If you want me to be sweet to you, that's your problem. My work has nothing to do with me being sweet or likeable.

My authentic personality is just no-bullshit, blunt like hammer, straight to business.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I never stop wondering, why people on this forum get so quickly offended.  Hey, you are not a bunch of pensioners getting together for coffee and cookies.

Isn´t it common in your circles to tease and mock each other for a fun? 

You are painting this too black and white Leo just to serve yourself.

Besides that, I don't know you are really that much of a jerk.

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The plain truth is that I've always been kind of a jerk, and as I become more conscious and more authentic I can be even more jerk-like because I care less about what others want me to be.

The nice thing about waking up is that it trims off all the social pretense. Some people are just jerks. Not everyone is gonna be a carebear. To equate that with consciousness is silly.

I will be exactly how I feel like and I don't care if you like it. If you want me to be sweet to you, that's your problem. My work has nothing to do with me being sweet or likeable.

My authentic personality is just no-bullshit, blunt like hammer, straight to business.

The most conscious people that I admire (Adya, Hawkins, Sadhguru) have, or had, very sweet personalities. And even Jed is a very nice guy, actually. But you, Leo, are quite obnoxious sometimes. Not necessarily YouTube Leo. I like YouTube Leo, and I especially like Blog Leo. But Forum Leo is not so nice sometimes. 

I read The End of Your World every year, because it's such an important reminder to come out of hiding:

I’ve had people say to me, "But Adya, there is no ego; there is no ‘me.’ Since there’s no ‘me,’ there’s nothing to do.” And I’ll say, “Yes, but have you noticed that you have an incredible capacity to act like a jerk sometimes?” And they’ll say, “Well, that may be true, but there’s nobody here to do anything about it. It’s all spontaneously unfolding. To think that I should address it in any way is just more dream-state delusion. It’s hard to get through to a person who is stuck in a place like that, a place of grasping on to certain insights and hiding behind them. When we are in a true state of awakedness, we never use what we have realized as a way to hide from anything within ourselves. We welcome everything into the light of being. As soon as we notice ourselves using our own realization as a means to dismiss unconscious behavior, we should immediately recognize that we’re operating from a state of delusion.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Leo Gura I like you Leo. Jerks are fine in my book. 

“There is beauty in truth, even if it's painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one's character, one's mind, one's heart or one's soul.”
― José N. Harris

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

One cannot be too wise to be loving and compassionate.

If you view kindness as weakness; there is a lot to be learned yet.

I definitely sense an imbalance between Leo's intellect and his heart. But that's just me.

@ivankiss as a parent, I can assure you that often times love and compassion do not look like love and compassion.

perspective, recontextualization... 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

He is just a man from Las Vegas. Very masculine area. He likes to have an allure of being strong. Its just a gender belief thing. Other people can bring the same but in a more life affirming format. 

Edited by TheDao

41 minutes ago, Scholar said:

If you want to evolve spiritually in an embodied way, you have to ensure that you remain in the R-Mode for most of the day. If you spend 8 hours every day intellectualizing and being L-Mode, you will never reach the level of Holistic experience as someone who for example has his life purpose centered around an activity that is R-Mode. Much of meditation is about simply residing in R-Mode, as deeply as possible.

This is why I appreciate him so much because the work and brilliance he is creating comes with a cost. And it is selfless. 

Being to much in your head is painful... at least for me. 

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha. Well sayed actually :D just be careful. There's a very thin line between not caring what people think genuinely because of one's awareness and being an asshole who doesn't give a fuck about anyone which comes out of bitterness and frustration :D? they look similar 

Being straight and no bullshit is very good. But you use that often as an excuse to lash out on people your discontent which is not intentional but still has a destructive effect which happens rather too often unfortunately.. I think it's something to be aware of ? 

All the best ?

P.s. To be inconsiderate has nothing to do with authenticity and consciousness also ? To say that being a jerk is my authentic persona is a... bit of a delusion :D 

No offence meant :) ?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Imagine not caring what people think of you, be yourself, and enjoying it.

That surely would make a lot of people mad !

xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

This fits

A poem by Red Hawk

Honesty

If you want to see what real honesty is

look no further than the dog.

The dog doesn't give a damn for looking good

but will hunch the leg of the Queen's mother

If it feels like it. The dog

doesn't care what the hell you think, it will

lick its balls in the presence of the Pope

If that is what it has a mind to do.

The dog does not stand on position, power,

wealth or fame of any kind. He will

bite the rump of the Emperor if he

tries to pick up the dog's food; the dog

will lift its leg on the whitewall tire

Of the Prime Minister's limousine or

shit on the Dalai Lama's Prayer rug

because he is a dog and that

is what dogs do and

in some secret uncorrupted part of the self

we admire this honesty in dogs, because

we see it is absent in ourselves and

we know that such honesty

comes with a terrible price in this world.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Did you care too much about what people think of you before selfactualization work?

If you don't like my authenticity, then get the  fuck out of here attitude alignes way better when you actually study the ego and how selfish and foolish people are. 

Reading some projections here make me go puke. Not really. But you know. I can imagine the hack I want hehehe 

Peace Leo ? 

Edited by EddieEddie1995

Most people who get banned look it up on purpose. Leo be like:

@Zigzag Idiot I love that! :x

"we admire this honesty in dogs, because

we see it is absent in ourselves and

we know that such honesty"

I got that insight when I got my first cat.

Here is another one; People who don't like cats are people who are jealous about their authenticity hehehe

Edited by EddieEddie1995

I like Leo, ahaha 

It's funny how deeply he has taught me to love reality

He is also a dick sometimes.... Welcome to life.

Leo being rude < many world wars, rapes, genocides, murders, millions of deaths from pharma companies...etc..

So, don't judge a teacher based on petty things

Also, don't let a teacher be your big daddy for you...

God might be love, but its capable of being a fucking dick too. 

You also don't know Leo in his personal life. He could be anyone. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"