OneIntoOne

Your most effective method for 'not believing the mind'

35 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Matt23 said:

Questioning where these thoughts are coming from.

Asking "why is this thought occurring?"  What is it's agenda?

@Matt23

How do you do this if not WITH the mind?

More ideas and concepts.

Thats why this is SO hard. (for me) 

observing the thought and being the witness of the thought distances me from that thought making me realize that it was just a thought and not reality . but just a thought 

changa

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I’ve found that getting into a new hobby that aligns with my values is a way to challenge the mind. At first you’ll suck at it, and your mind will come up with all kinds of excuses for why you’re not good enough. But with time and creativity you’ll discover things that were holding you back, and your old beliefs will start to fall away in ways that you didn’t imagine were possible prior. 

Wrong question to ask: How to not believe the mind???

Just like if someone ask you, "Do you not believe in your body?" Of course you say, "Yes I believe in my body!"

4 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Wrong question to ask: How to not believe the mind???

Just like if someone ask you, "Do you not believe in your body?" Of course you say, "Yes I believe in my body!"

Watch the mind, how often is it incorrect. How often does it jump to conclusions and judgements that later on are proven to be not the case.

Mind can be a great tool and simultaneously turn into a runaway monkey train with no driver.

Just watch it ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Don't believe your mind.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

The most useful thing for me is Not Reacting to the thoughts. Every time you are reacting to a thought you basically train your mind that thoughts are truthful and improtant.

When you just observe a thought and don't engage with it , it loses its grip on you over time.

Meditation alone is curative.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:31 PM, VeganAwake said:

Watch the mind, how often is it incorrect. How often does it jump to conclusions and judgements that later on are proven to be not the case.

^^ Exactly.

OP: And this can be like ladder. Start by observing how you're emotionally reactive and see things a certain way, but then later you realize it was all in your head. Progressively do this with more subtlety, all the way to the root assumption: "I AM." You know you are, but whenever you find the I AM, it's obviously not the I because it is appearing to the real I. Every time you find the I, it ain't the I, by definition.

Not believing your mind leads to self doubt. Most of your thinking is ok to And you must trust it. Sometimes we need to think lots of random shit to test and experiment ideas and ways of thinking. 

question your thoughts and then call them out as bullshit or allow them in. 

Realizing that the truth is in the void. Any other things are only appearance

Every thought that arises, don't believe it at face value