Flowerfaeiry

Do you drink coffee?

61 posts in this topic

@Flowerfaeiry Let's assume this is not about coffee. After a couple weeks the need for caffeine really goes away.

How are your iron levels?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

For six months, I drank coffee every day 3-4 times during the working day. As the coffee machine broke down, I noticed that I could not wake up completely, every day was unbearably hard, it lasted for 3 weeks. So, coffee is a drug! :D

Edited by AllanColin

Did not use coffee that much until i started my career. Now i cannot live without it and the peer pressure is.nit.allowing me to reduce it. Yesterday i had coffee with a old friend in late evening. Appearantly it helped me to fall asleep when I came home. I feel old.

7 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Did not use coffee that much until i started my career. Now i cannot live without it and the peer pressure is.nit.allowing me to reduce it. Yesterday i had coffee with a old friend in late evening. Appearantly it helped me to fall asleep when I came home. I feel old.

I've noticed the same when I drink coffee late, it helps me fall asleep. It's weird because Caffeine should block your brains receiving Adenosine, which is the compound that creates the urge to go to sleep.

Anyway some coffees have some additional stuff in them that might make you more relaxed and ready for bed, such as Theanine. In that regard maybe if you wake up early enough and have some Theanine coffee late that day, you've received enough Adenosine to fall asleep and the Theanine just boosts the process.

I used to drank coffee when I started working as well. But I stopped like 5 years ago because of palpitations & jittery stuffs like that. Now that I was able to have a healthy lifestyle, I only drink it when needed like more work needs to finish or just basically for the taste.

Although for the last few days I drank it again just to feel awake, but I lately realized it contribute to my overall increase of stress and anxiety.

Oh my substitute for it after I stopped drinking 5 years ago is Green Matcha Tea. I still use to drink this Elixir hailed from Japan today, but I just mix a things like cacao powder or lemon on it for have a different kind of taste. but seriously I need to drink it back to the basics again :)

On 3/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, Leo Gura said:

Oddly, caffeine has no effect on me. I get no boost from it, nor any addiction or withdrawal.

Should we drink coffee, @Leo Gura?

On 3/6/2021 at 11:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

Spicy chai tea with honey and coconut milk > coffee

Or this?

Edited by eTorro
To remove an empty row.

I struggle with caffeine every day. I’ve been drinking coffee to get through the day for years. But I don’t like the fact I’m relying on a drug to get through the day. Whenever I’ve quit for a few weeks at a time in the past I’ve felt amazing, but then I get offered a coffee for free at work and I fall right back into drinking it all day again. 
In my opinion it’s an extremely difficult thing to quit. It ties in with society and the fast pace of it. Most people I know drink some form of caffeine.

it effects sleep too, and anything that ruins your sleep cannot be a good thing. 
I’ll get off it one day! Just don’t know when…

7 hours ago, RawJudah said:

I struggle with caffeine every day. I’ve been drinking coffee to get through the day for years. But I don’t like the fact I’m relying on a drug to get through the day. Whenever I’ve quit for a few weeks at a time in the past I’ve felt amazing, but then I get offered a coffee for free at work and I fall right back into drinking it all day again. 
In my opinion it’s an extremely difficult thing to quit. It ties in with society and the fast pace of it. Most people I know drink some form of caffeine.

it effects sleep too, and anything that ruins your sleep cannot be a good thing. 
I’ll get off it one day! Just don’t know when…

Does decaf not help with tapering off? If you just drink decaf forever, isn't that a solution of some sort? Since there's no caffeine? Or does it just feel useless since there is no kick?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Does decaf not help with tapering off? If you just drink decaf forever, isn't that a solution of some sort? Since there's no caffeine? Or does it just feel useless since there is no kick?

Whenever I’ve swapped caffeinated coffee for decaf coffee I’ve always ended up back to caffeinated coffee. Obviously it’s better than caffeinated coffee. 

Water is the only liquid we should be drinking. Deviating from water causes problems, no matter what drink it is. 

I still have to learn my lesson ?

I do. Two expressos a day.

Try L-Theanine, or quit if that's what you want.

I've found that intense daily aerobic exercise radically reduces the anxiety I can get from drinking coffee. That's what I did 4 years ago or so. Now, with a sedentary lifestyle, the anxiety is more obvious. Be physically active!

Edited by UnbornTao

8 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I do. Often two expressos a day.

Try L-Theanine, or quit if that's what you want.

I've found that intense daily aerobic exercise radically reduces the anxiety I can get from drinking coffee. That's what I did 4 years ago or so. Now, with a sedentary lifestyle, the anxiety is more obvious. Be physically active!

Yep, you can’t beat exercise! If only caffeine didn’t mess with our sleep! 

fresh coca cola is the best drink in the world :P

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants in most American's diets. It's healthy for most people who don't have acid reflux. I roast my own decaf coffee or buy freshly roasted decaf beans. It's the only way to make decaf taste good. I enjoy the taste and want the antioxidants but don't really need or want the caffeine. The nice thing about roasting decaf is there's no chaff, so easy cleanup. Just get a bit past first crack and I'm done.

I prefer a light to medium roast with around 40 grams of coffee to around 650 grams of water, with a water temperature around boiling for a light roast, gradually decreasing in temperature to around 185 degrees F for a really dark roast. Most drip coffee makers are only suitable for dark roast coffee as that's the typical temperature they roast at. I brew with a large style V60 brewing device and a gooseneck kettle.

My mother and grandmother are both case studies that coffee works. They both look way younger than their age and both drank a pot of coffee daily basically their entire adult lives.

Edited by sholomar

3 hours ago, sholomar said:

Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants in most American's diets. It's healthy for most people who don't have acid reflux. I roast my own decaf coffee or buy freshly roasted decaf beans. It's the only way to make decaf taste good. I enjoy the taste and want the antioxidants but don't really need or want the caffeine. The nice thing about roasting decaf is there's no chaff, so easy cleanup. Just get a bit past first crack and I'm done.

I prefer a light to medium roast with around 40 grams of coffee to around 650 grams of water, with a water temperature around boiling for a light roast, gradually decreasing in temperature to around 185 degrees F for a really dark roast. Most drip coffee makers are only suitable for dark roast coffee as that's the typical temperature they roast at. I brew with a large style V60 brewing device and a gooseneck kettle.

My mother and grandmother are both case studies that coffee works. They both look way younger than their age and both drank a pot of coffee daily basically their entire adult lives.

Everyone loves to defend their drug ?

Think about it - most people rely on a psychoactive stimulant to get through the day. Doesn’t that ring alarm bells? It causes dehydration and sleep loss. Those 2 things alone aren’t good for any human being.

The only liquid we need is water. Everything else is not a good idea. 

53 minutes ago, RawJudah said:

Think about it - most people rely on a psychoactive stimulant to get through the day. Doesn’t that ring alarm bells? It causes dehydration and sleep loss. Those 2 things alone aren’t good for any human being.

It's just coffee.

Will you survive to a cup ? :S

18 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It's just coffee.

Will you survive to a cup ? :S

A cup of coffee always leads to more than one cup of coffee. It’s addictive… 

Im quitting again tomorrow, water only ?

On 21/08/2023 at 6:10 PM, sholomar said:

Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants in most American's diets. 

lmao

Every time I have had a big dose of psychedelics I stop drinking coffee and tea for 3 to 4 months it's as though my mind is in hyperdrive. I do love coffee and I have had it all my life. Although now I tend to drink more tea than anything. I usually mix green tea with normal tea. I still love my coffee or a double expresso once in a while.

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

On 8/21/2023 at 3:47 PM, RawJudah said:

Agreed!

It's Love.