Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

It needs to be said that Alex Jones also bears a huge responsibility for this. He has blood on his hands and people like Joe Rogan are stupid enough to still think that Alex Jones is cute and innocent, allowing him a platform.

Alex Jones has brainwashed many of the hardest-core MAGA guys with his outrageous conspiracy theories and paranoia.

It also needs to be said that Joe Rogan is an idiot for complaining about Biden not being fit for office. Rogan's assessment of Trump's danger is way off. He thinks Biden is more dangerous than Trump because Biden sometimes has some cognitive slowness. But Biden is a saint compared to Trump.

All of the people who create false equivalences between the left and right need to be slapped across the face.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wonder what Rogan would do if Trump wants to be on his podcast.  He’s got a huge similar-ish thinking fan base.  Joe Rogan has been awfully kind to conservatives/MAGA, even when on Spotify.

5 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I wonder what Rogan would do if Trump wants to be on his podcast.

He would gleefully have him on for the insane ratings.

The question for Spotify will be whether they want to be associated with the platforming of Trump and Jones. After Jan 6th, there will be massive backlash against Spotify if Rogan platforms any of these asses.

Rogan's platforming of Alex Jones is especially bad because he makes Jones seem legit. He never aggressively calls out Jones' bullshit because they are personal friends.

Look at this nonsense:

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It needs to be said that Alex Jones also bears a huge responsibility for this. He has blood on his hands and people like Joe Rogan are stupid enough to still think that Alex Jones is cute and innocent, allowing him a platform.

Alex Jones has brainwashed many of the hardest-core MAGA guys with his outrageous conspiracy theories and paranoia.

It also needs to be said that Joe Rogan is an idiot for complaining about Biden not being fit for office. Rogan's assessment of Trump's danger is way off. He thinks Biden is more dangerous than Trump because Biden sometimes has some cognitive slowness. But Biden is a saint compared to Trump.

All of the people who create false equivalences between the left and right need to be slapped across the face.

Rogan is a back ally hooker. The guy will have literally anyone on his podcast as long as they bring ratings or fit his sort of macho anti-pc vibe. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Look at this nonsense:

That was chilling to watch.

I’m a little worried about Inauguration Day.  Hopefully since this entire disaster happened, their security will be Fort Knox for Inauguration Day.

18 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

That was chilling to watch.

I’m a little worried about Inauguration Day.  Hopefully since this entire disaster happened, their security will be Fort Knox for Inauguration Day.

I hope Kamala Harris is secured at a separate location that day. Just sayin. 

Twitter is a private company so they can ban Trump according to their Terms of Service and maybe for any reason they want. I accept that. But I do suspect that Twitter and the other big tech is in cahoots with the deep state, haha.

I don't know how I feel about Trump being banned by twitter, they should have done it years ago. At some point though you have to rip the bandaid off even if it's messy at first. I am ambivalent.

The main reason I am worried is because the FCC is not shutting off Fox News off the air. Have you seen Tucker Carlson's reaction to Twitter getting banned? This is insane. Fox News still dwarfs OANN / NewsMax. At my work I see the news coverage alternate between CNN and Fox News. Incomprehensible.

Half a bandaid ripped off is just awkward and arguably more messy.

I would say I support Twitter's ban, but it bothers me that Fox News and OANN and Parler are all dancing to the same tune. Fox News must be marginalized immediately and yet it won't happen. In the minds of millions it is still mainstream and that's not gonna fly.

All of this reveals what MAGA really is. MAGA isn't a normal conservative movement, but a stage red mix of crazyness.

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I'm sure they will be prepared now.

There's no way these MAGA morons are any match for the entire Federal government's forces.

The only way Trumpism works is when it catches you off-guard. They can use terrorist tactics, and that's about it.

Whats striking to me is how good these Qanon folks think they are. They literally think they are saving America by destroying it. They think they are gonna stop the evil Democrats. Its so hopelessly delusional when you see it from your own perspective. But in their minds they are little angels. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Leo Gura How much do you think the federal forces are prepared to defend democracy, and especially figures like Joe Biden?

I know the higher-ups in the military don’t like Trump but I imagine there’s a lot of Trump sympathisers in the lower ranks

What do you think the military should do about this?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

4 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

How much do you think the federal forces are prepared to defend democracy, and especially figures like Joe Biden?

100% prepared. I see no problem there. Maybe a couple of rotten apples at the lowest levels.

Serious law enforcement is professional and they will do their job regardless of who it is they must defend. And at this point defending Biden is something you can be proud of thanks to Jan 6th.

All of this is making Biden look amazing -- like a knight in shining armor.

What do you guys think? Delusional? Definitely. Psychopath? Probably to some extent, yes. 

Why can't they declare him unfit for his job? Who would diagnose him?

11 minutes ago, Tim R said:

What do you guys think? Delusional? Definitely. Psychopath? Probably to some extent, yes. 

Why can't they declare him unfit for his job? Who would diagnose him?

Little rash to call him a psychopath. Narcissist for sure. Hes too much of a sissy to be a psychopath. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Wonder if republicans are going to support a two year long congressional investigation into this like they did Benghazi 

Edited by Lyubov

Wow, this thread is amazing, what a way to follow the news. A great opportunity to study and learn as events unfold in real time.

Looks like RNC is in a state of shock/ denial/ bargaining... https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/us/politics/trump-republican-national-committee.html

“We can’t exist without the people he brought to the party — he’s changed the direction of the party,” said Paul Reynolds, the Republican committeeman from Alabama. “We’re a different party because of the people that came with him, and they make us a better party.”

Seems like Trump finally broke the camels back, and that storming the Capitol trying to hang the VP is the point of no return. Great to see US waking up. There'll be a lot of opportunities ahead. Joe Biden is a knight in shining armor indeed.

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

Could this be considered a coup? It was a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government but whether or not it was organised was another thing. Its certainly not a revolution like they claim it was as that is about a change in ideas.