Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't forget that politicians are pragmatic above all else. When they sense that Trump is no longer useful to them because he is about to lose all his power they might turn on him on a dime to save their own asses.

In a sense, Republicans right now have an easy out to redeem their personal images. All they have to do is vote for impeachment. I think it's possible that 17 of them could be pragmatic enough to for that.

Also, it seems like Trump can still be impeached after Jan 20th when Dems take the Senate. Which is another good option if McConnell is the obstacle now.

If the Senate has a trial after Jan 20th, it would be run by Schumer, Harris and Justice Roberts. It would be a real trial, not a McConnell sham. I imagine over half of republicans want Trump out of republican politics and barred from running in 2024, yet they don't want to lose the MAGA base. 

And Lyndsey Graham has shifted toward working with Biden. That guy follows whoever the most powerful fish is. 

Just now, Forestluv said:

If the Senate has a trial after Jan 20th, it would be run by Schumer, Harris and Justice Roberts.

That would be really nice to watch...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

yet they don't want to lose the MAGA base.

But if they start to see that the MAGA base has been publicly alienated and made nonviable in the mainstream, they will change their tune because their #1 priority is survival.

It's just a question of how much foresight they have now. The MAGA base will definitely be made nonviable soon. But can they see that?

Or have the Republicans drunk the MAGA cool-aid themselves? Many have. I'm not sure how many. It's a coin-flip situation. Might go either way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Or have the Republicans drunk the MAGA cool-aid themselves?

Giuliani I think has... and the other one is Cruz.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Giuliani I think has... and the other one is Cruz.

Obviously they have. I mean the ones who have not set up residence in Trump's ass.

Good take:

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously they have. I mean the ones who have not set up residence in Trump's ass.

I think Giuliani has gone crazy. He did political suicide. Completely lost his marbles.

?

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

That would be really nice to watch...

to watch a lot more MAGA tears being cried out by Trump and every ReTrumplicans in there.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But if they start to see that the MAGA base has been publicly alienated and made nonviable in the mainstream, they will change their tune because their #1 priority is survival.

It's just a question of how much foresight they have now. The MAGA base will definitely be made nonviable soon. But can they see that?

Or have the Republicans drunk the MAGA cool-aid themselves? Many have. I'm not sure how many. It's a coin-flip situation. Might go either way.

Now, I am really curious to see what the Republicans are going to end up doing about this. They are now going to be suffering from the major political bind they got themselves in for a long time. Hehehehe.....

34 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I think Giuliani has gone crazy. He did political suicide. Completely lost his marbles.

?

He really has totally lost his mind. I can't believe he actually even had the gall to say "So, let's have trial by combat." Afterwards, he said on his twitter feed "The violence at the Capitol was shameful. It was as criminal as the rioting and looting this summer which was not condemned strongly enough by the Left. This violence is condemned in the strongest terms. Our movement values respect for law and order and for the Police." He absolutely needs to be disbarred and then lock up in an insane asylum ASAP.

Trump has been suspended by Twitter. It's a permanent ban, Twitter has confirmed.

WAY too late. Only took violence on our democracy before these social media platforms grew a spine.

Edited by Frylock

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Good take:

Why the sudden shift ? He seems shook in the second video. Either one of his family members talked him down or ? Really confused by this. 

@Lyubov I think he’s not sure of what he is doing and doesn’t want to pay for the consequences of his irresponsable acts. 

he’s covering his ass just in case things don’t way his way. Too late anyway...

4 hours ago, Yog said:

Some humor

Jp isn’t funny. He’s a conservative dog whistle.

Edited by Lyubov

On 07/01/2021 at 6:24 AM, Rilles said:

whaaaat is going oooon here

What happens when uneducated and primitive minds meet with politics.

35 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Why the sudden shift ? He seems shook in the second video. Either one of his family members talked him down or ? Really confused by this. 

Like I said, Trump is not a true strong-man. He's a fake. He doesn't have the balls to go through with an actual coup.

If you're gonna do a coup, you can't half-ass it. You must do it full-bore. And Trump is not capable of that. Instead what he does is stir up shit and then deny it. He plays these con games -- but then denies any responsibility for the fallout. Because he doesn't understand how seriously these games can boil out of control. And of course once it boils over he denies any part in it because in the end all he's doing is looking out to save his own ass by any means possible.

4 hours ago, Yog said:

Some humor

Such gaslighting bullshit from this guy. Lost all his credibility.

This is the problem with humor, sarcasm, and being too cute. It easily becomes an ego-defense mechanism.

You better start swimming or sink like a stone. The times they are a changin'

106821755-1610148727047-trump_suspended.

I agree with Leo. Trump is a clown. He doesn't live in the real world. He talks a lot of shit but at the end of the day he is just a silly old man who has to be kept in check by the handlers that surround him. The fact he became president at all speaks less for Trump's competence and more for the idiocy of America.

I can't see how any one supports him except out of humor.

Edited by Lionhead

84D376E1-F22A-4E3E-9243-1E9E78BC28CD.png

Trump and his cult have fallen fast and hard. This is a joy to behold.