SS10

Procrastination

26 posts in this topic

Hi All

Any good tips on how to stop procrastinating and start doing work?

lol help please

@SS10

You need to find out what benefit you get from procrastinating. How is it serving you?

I believe dopamine detox is a big booster for motivation.

Check out as well no-fap.

The less stimulated you’re the more the “boring” stuff get interesting.

just make a schedule for the day ahead of time (ideally the night before) and what you want to get done and commit to it no matter what.

Set specific times for doing things like:

ex.

Go to the gym: 7:30 am-8:30 am

Write paper 8:45am-10:45am

Break: 10:45am-11:15am

Eat:11:15am-12:00pm

That way. It's simple. You either stick to the schedule or you don't. No excuses. That way theres no "Ah I'll just go to the gym later because i feel a bit

tired." No. Either you showed up at the time you set or you didn't. If you showed up, even if it was painful you know it was a success, because you kept

your commitments.

@SS10

Notice the ‘you don’t feel like doing it’ experience of thought & feeling and stop and inspect it. Inspect the thoughts you are not resonating with, and understand why. Spot thoughts about there being a you in a future, or a tomorrow, and recognize the actuality that this moment, this experience, is appearing only ever now.  Recognize the actuality of your own transience and the absolute impermanence of experience. Thinking about a yourself, and a yourself in time, does not resonate with your actual self which is being, appearing as this moment, this experience. This me/future thinking acts as an invisible veil over the actuality of a perpetual unexplainable miracle, which is the ever available source of all inspiration & creativity. Such thinking inspected disappears, and presence, being, is revealed. Tap into your unconditional true nature, and what was procrastinated miraculously become what you’re eager to experience now. After all, it’s what you want to do. A dreamboard in front of you makes it very easy to be mindful of why you want to, and how each task is cohesive of this dream unfolding, which you are the creator of. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SS10  Write down what the tiny first step would be. Then do that tiny first step, which should not require much willpower. It can be ridiculously small!

Repeat until you get into a flow.

Don't forget that the writing of it is important.

Let me know if that helped.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

22 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

just make a schedule for the day ahead of time (ideally the night before) and what you want to get done and commit to it no matter what.

Set specific times for doing things like:

ex.

Go to the gym: 7:30 am-8:30 am

Write paper 8:45am-10:45am

Break: 10:45am-11:15am

Eat:11:15am-12:00pm

but but that sounds horrible :( 

@SS10 Contemplate your death.

Realize that you are taking life for granted and that this is extremely damaging and is a major cause of your suffering.

If you were truly passionate about life, you would be constantly working towards your highest values without the need for motivation. Find your passion!

Ask yourself what you really want from life. If you don't know, which is likely given your post, then make it your priority to find out. There are plenty of resources on this just this website alone. Take this work seriously. You may not see the value in this work, but the more you learn, the more you will want to invest in this journey.

Habits to begin practicing that are the foundation of this work:

1 Meditation

2 Contemplation 

Edited by Logan

15 minutes ago, Logan said:

@SS10 Contemplate your death.

Realize that you are taking life for granted and that this is extremely damaging and is a major cause of your suffering.

If you were truly passionate about life, you would be constantly working towards your highest values without the need for motivation. Find your passion!

Ask yourself what you really want from life. If you don't know, which is likely given your post, then make it your priority to find out. There are plenty of resources on this just this website alone. Take this work seriously. You may not see the value in this work, but the more you learn, the more you will want to invest in this journey.

Habits to begin practicing that are the foundation of this work:

1 Meditation

2 Contemplation 

Also, writing a 1-2 page eulogy for yourself will do the trick :D What do you want to be remembered for, et cetera

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 12/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, PurpleTree said:

but but that sounds horrible :( 

well then you won't get it done.

You don't have to make it as strict as the example.

Try it out at least for a day.

Just realize its a thought, it is your mind. Self-deception. Learn how your mind works, leo has so much videos on it. Just fking sit down and observe whats happening in your mind.
Dreamboard, visualization,affirmations.
Just read your notes(f.e. what you taken from Leo) and read it. You dont have motivation? Read it again and again till you havent grasp it. F.e. contemplating your death, life advice for young people or how to stop being a victim etc.

Focus on doing one thing at a time and finish it.

That's what is working for me... and focus on thinking in the results, not so much in the process...

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 12/16/2020 at 4:20 AM, SS10 said:

Hi All

Any good tips on how to stop procrastinating and start doing work?

lol help please

Counter Intuitive Move: Feel the procrastination/resistance. Ask it "I love you and fully accept you. You're in good company, a supportive environment. Now tell me why are you here, what are you afraid of".

Such insights from such questions may yield a deeper systemic problem in your life. fix up the root issue, instead of sweeping the underlying cause under the rug.

This was a helpful video for me:

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Thanks for making the thread!  I'm having the same problems.  

I guess I would say - just start.

The hardest part about doing something tends to be starting and once it is started, it is easier to keep going.

Have to make the switch from the doing being avoidance to the doing being engagement.. something I need to do right about now!

I would tell you to do this affirmation, but I know as a lazy mofo even that is too much, ok so do this:

4b58b4ebb64095652ab28d0b19a13507.png

Print it off and tape it in at least 10 places;
Fridge

Doors
Over computers

Over mirrors
Over tvs

You will end your procrastination for sure

@The_Alchemist OMG. Super  powerful. 
Thanks a lot !!!

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

38 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@The_Alchemist OMG. Super  powerful. 
Thanks a lot !!!

Yw I am a massive action taker and I brainwashed myself with that quote ages ago, it works so much, there are so many crazy stories I can tell you about productivity that is not 1-2-300% better, but 100s of thousands of percent better than a normie. Not to say anything because we all know what normies do (nothing), but I can't be SO much more motivated or SO much smarter.

It really works

https://improvisedlife.com/2017/11/27/affirmations-leonardo-da-vinci-used-to-counter-failure-including-a-wild-kitchen-fiasco/

One of the ways Leonard seems to have fortified himself against inevitable failures on the path to creating was to live by affirmations, which he inscribed in his notebook. Next to a drawing of a plow, he wrote

I do not depart from my furrow.

and elsewhere:

Obstacles do not bend me.

Every obstacle is destroyed through rigor.

Every obstacle leads to stern resolve.

I shall continue.