SQAAD

How come people don't Realise God even on 5-MeO-DMT?

30 posts in this topic

Ok, so basically i've been watching 5-meo-dmt trip reports on YouTube and while many trip reports come to the same conclusions as Leo Gura, there are others which don't seem to get a genuine experience of Absolute Truth.

How come is that? I don't get it.

For example, in this video, both Joe Rogan and his guest took 5-meo BUT didn't realise/understand God. That's evident when you hear Joe Rogan say: ''we are in a Universal stew of particles".  That is clearly a materialist position.

Edited by SQAAD

Because you can interpret a experience in different ways. For example:

Interpretation 1: brain hallucination.

Interpretation 2: truth, reality.

I think both interpretations are a belief and requires faith.

People respond to substances differently. There are many variables including: genetics, childhood conditioning, life history, mindset before the trip,intention, the setting of the trip etc. And after the trip, people contextualize trips differently based on their baseline level of consciousness.

A) Because psychedelics do not have the same effect on people due to different metabolisms and genetics.

B) Because most psychedelic users do not have a desire or intention to get to Absolute Truth or to deconstruct reality.

Having insight requires a deep commitment to it. You can't just take a psychedelic, wander off to Ikea with your wife, and expect to understand God.

You might as well ask: How come some kids in school really understand math while most of them don't? Because the ones who really understand it devoted thousands of hours to doing math while the other kids were off screwing around on the playground.

It's never enough to just do a thing. You must do it well.

Realizing God requires deconstructing all of reality. And nobody wants to do that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

wander off to Ikea with your wife, and expect to understand God.

??

10 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Because you can interpret a experience in different ways. For example:

Interpretation 1: brain hallucination.

Interpretation 2: truth, reality.

I think both interpretations are a belief and requires faith.

the fuck? Then what´s the whole point about Truth??

15 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

the fuck? Then what´s the whole point about Truth??

I don't know.

@SQAAD Honestly I think the ROA and dose is a major factor here as well, in addition to what has been said in other responses. The vast majority of people who take 5-MeO will smoke it, and likely do it with someone else or at worst in a group setting in the jungle. Not saying that God can't be realised in a group setting in a jungle, just doesn't seem like a conducive setting to realise God. It's unlikely for you to realise yourself as God with one mid range dose. Took me around 6 sessions with slowly building up the dose and getting use to the substance. Only then was it an OH MY GOD trip.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

For me, it took about 5 minutes to have the God experience.  It was the very first psychedelic I had ever taken and I had no idea what I was getting into.  But the healer who determined the dosage was highly experienced and guided me on what to do.  I’m glad that I did it with an experienced guide.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Nobody realizes God, but some people think that they do.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Truth exists!

It is right here and right now. It ultimately is ALL there exists and ever will exist. And you are directly experiencing it!

And you CAN become fully conscious of it.

But in the very moment you try to grasp it or describe it or have knowledge about it, it becomes falsehood.
Therefore Truth can not be told. But it can be known!

There is no experience more intimate than Truth.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

@SQAAD

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Ok, so basically i've been watching 5-meo-dmt trip reports on YouTube and while many trip reports come to the same conclusions as Leo Gura, there are others which don't seem to get a genuine experience of Absolute Truth.

How come is that? I don't get it.

For example, in this video, both Joe Rogan and his guest took 5-meo BUT didn't realise/understand God. That's evident when you hear Joe Rogan say: ''we are in a Universal stew of particles".  That is clearly a materialist position.

Because it all depends on what your values are, and what values you align to. Every action you do is in order to fulfil a condition your mind thinks it needs to do to fulfil a value. It also depends on what you are as a self concept, and all beliefs contained in it, and how you define the qualities of what describes yourself. For example, we could have a person who has happiness, sex, and individuality as their highest values, among some others, and they take these psychedelic substances. The action of taking a psychedelic will be framed as one other condition to fulfil your highest values, in your mind, so some with visual or auditory hallucinations will happen, but you'll interpret in alignment to your values. If you value more noble truths, you'll still get similar levels of hallucination, but your interpretation will be in alignment with those other values. 

4 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

This is false.  Watch it you only have a few points to go. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Ok, so basically i've been watching 5-meo-dmt trip reports on YouTube and while many trip reports come to the same conclusions as Leo Gura, there are others which don't seem to get a genuine experience of Absolute Truth

God reveals itself when you are ready.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 If Nahm said it you'd say he's wise, but okay.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

11 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is false.  Watch it you only have a few points to go. 

I mean isn't this technically true with nonduality teachings? God realizes God, people are imaginary dreams. Not sure if that was the point he was trying to make or not though. 

As for the Op's question, the desire for Truth, not fighting against the feeling of dying, the ability to let go and surrender to death, the right dosage that's not too little to not 'get there' and not too much as to white out, are all factors that are crucial to being to breakthrough to an Awakening. 

You must have been tormented with existential questions for your entire life before you're able to accept that possibility.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

wander off to Ikea with your wife

I'm offended :( you could abstract your reply.

You made me think about the seriousness about everything and ego and reply with: At least I have...

@SQAAD

Spiritual path with psychedelics requires deep investigation of the direct experience. Many psychedelic users just take too high dose that creates new duality between "the trip reality" and "this reality". That duality is one of the barriers for realizing who you are.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x