SS10

Jordan Peterson New Book

59 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SS10 said:

@Byun Sean Haha you reckon?

ye. Like you would probably call a good friend an ass-hat in a playful way without actually meaning any hostility toward him. 

Just being playful.

54 minutes ago, SS10 said:

@Leo Gura I sense a bit of envy/jealousy/hostility from you towards JBP. If he wasn't as popular as he is I dont think you would be as critical of him as you are. He isn't perfect, he has his blind spots and his shadow is baked into some of his works - but so is yours Leo :). 

I feel this way too when I see Leo talk about JP sometimes.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Dude's been going through withdrawal and rehab for the past year. I can't imagine those are conducive conditions to creating great literary works.

I own 12 Rules For Life but found it boring and never got more than 1/4 of the way through it.

However I am a big fan of the Self-Authoring Suite. The future authoring exercise is basically like a mini-version of the life purpose course IMO and a good place for most people to start.

If one actually watches a pre 2018 Leo video and than watches a JP lecture and extracts the message. It wont be very difficult to conclude that there is 90% overlap.

As I see it this is probably the prime reason why people around here tend to never criticize his ideas, but instead just attack his character. Its saddening to see this on a personal development forum at times, on the other hand its a good shadow work study material.

I dont understand this massive prejudice and blame towards Jordan Peterson. I understand how he is wasting too much time and energy on gender debates, but the problem is also that this is the stuff what the media likes to show and gets the attention. I learned very much from his Maps of Meaning and Personality Lectures and much of the stuff correlates and works together very great with Leos Teachings. I can really recommend his personality lectures on Youtube, many insights.

2 hours ago, SS10 said:

I sense a bit of envy/jealousy/hostility from you towards JBP.

Hehehe... Why would I envy a man with such a sick mind?

My only gripe is how many people he's deluded along with himself.

If I envy someone, it would be more the likes of a yogi with massive levels of consciousness. Not an intellectual buffoon like Peterson.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

My only gripe is how many people he's deluded along with himself.

But that's what religious and scientific folk have against you.

Its symmetrical. You grip peterson for deluding people, scientists gripe you for deluding people. Surely this is a sign that gripe for others deluding others needs to be rethought.

17 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

But that's what religious and scientific folk have against you.

Its symmetrical. You grip peterson for deluding people, scientists gripe you for deluding people. Surely this is a sign that gripe for others deluding others needs to be rethought.

As the mouse hunts the cricket, the owl hunts the mouse.

The only problem is when the mouse imagines it's hunting the owl ;)

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A spiral wizard owl gets the cricket, mouse and owl working together to make a farm ;)

As always, people confuse the individual with the actual communications. People notice his reputation and that becomes an important reason to follow him.

If someone else said the same, would you consider it with the same criteria, or would you simply ignore it or take less notice because the person isn’t famous or whatever is the reason why you “admire” Peterson? I think many people do the latter.

@Leo Gura In your spiral dynamics videos you do not criticism him so harshly. You just give some basic critics and even say he has some yellow in him but also a lot of blue/orange.

2 hours ago, MrBON said:

@Leo Gura In your spiral dynamics videos you do not criticism him so harshly. You just give some basic critics and even say he has some yellow in him but also a lot of blue/orange.

I was being nice.

@Leo Gura I do not agree with everything he says ofc but he has some solid points. One that comes to mind is that he is against the gender equalization that is happening in stage green societies. I do not think treating guys like girls (forcing them to play with dolls in kindergarten) is really something healthy for them. Genders are equal in terms of importance and value but different in strengths/ weakness/desires/ways they think etc. Peterson never says that men are superior unlike a lot of red pill material but he promotes the differences in their psychologies, just like you have done with your video about "male/female psychologies". Now are there flaws in his tackling of genders? Maybe some yes. But his overall idea is fine in my opinion. If you disagree i would be interested in your opinion.

I do not agree with his treatment of incels though, it promotes victim mindsets but that is another issue

@MrBON JP thinks there is a problem with women wearing makeup in the workplace and that we still haven't come to grips with women using birth control pills.

It's the same old conservative nonsense repackaged in psychological lingo and pseudo-intellectualism.

He's a conservative pretending to be something else. It's like he's gay, everyone around him knows it, but he won't admit it to himself. He's deeply confused about his own philosophy.

Haha the subheader of the new book is 12 MORE rules for life.

Meaning the first 12 rules is inadequate. 

Putting 12 more rules to milk for more buyers' cash.

This is why I  don’t take anything serious that is popular in this shallow, money-driven culture.  Peterson reflects back the prejudices of his followers thus making them feel validated.  He is not an author who breaks new ground in understanding.

Vincit omnia Veritas.