7thLetter

Should we get vaccinated for COVID-19?

183 posts in this topic

On 17.11.2020 at 7:44 AM, egoeimai said:

I'll reply with a song 

"I'd rather die, I'd rather be better unborn" 

????

Ok. I didn't expect Amorphis here. One of their best songs from great album btw. 

this is exciting, i really wonder how all of this will turn out :P

the pandemic, the vaccination, the economy, people rioting, division

6 hours ago, Bruno NuAr said:

Yes and Yes.

Why resisting?

Acceptance, the Middle Path.

IMO getting vaccinated and wanting others to get vaccinated it's Resisting to what is It.

Isn't that Fear orientated?

Regarding the Economy, who cares about it but the Ego mind!?

Mindless neo-advaita platitudes are not useful for solving real-world problems.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Leo is correct. Shut up and take your meds. If you don't want to because of some doubt then I suggest you do 10+ years in the lab as a scientist or a doctor and argue your ignorance here further. It is for the best and deep down you know this.

41 minutes ago, Vipassana said:

never say never fool

"Serious side effects are rare, but may include seizure or life-threatening allergic reaction." 

SOURCE: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-side-effects-and-adverse-events

People can get allergic reactions to all types of medications.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Slaughter so you're saying I should listen to you or Leo unless I'm going to do 10 years of Research in a Lab when neither of you have done 10 years of Research in a Lab but I shouldn't listen to someone who has done 10 years of Research in a Lab and says vaccines are dangerous? 

FYI, There are people out there who have genuine concerns about vaccines and aren't just crazy conspiratorial anti vaxxers.

There are also people out there who challenge the whole paradigm of Germs being the CAUSE of disease & they make a whole lot of sense to a layman and if you check out the track record and the ethical background of these companies that produce vaccines, they aren't the philanthropists but rather drug dealers with the primary objective to make profit. 

Every Individual has EVERY right to be concerned about this vaccine. Whether the government will force it into your veins against your will is a completely different issue but to think that you're virtue signaling by accepting big brothers commands is foolishness in my perspective. 

We are in the Dark Ages & take no thought for granted. 

My friend at work has an older sister that became brain damaged as a child from a rare side effect of the DPT vaccine. Her sister is approx 40 and has the mental capability of a 4 year old. When my friend was born her parents didn't get her vaccinations because of what happened to her sister. She's 35 and told me she's never had and never will have a vaccine ever in her life.

So, my point is there are real risks involved, however you have to weigh the risk vs benefits when it comes to vaccines, medications, surgeries, etc.

I will get the vaccine, most likely, but mainly since I'm a nurse and its the most responsible thing to do to keep those around me safe. 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

23 minutes ago, Vipassana said:

Mandating a medicine for the entire population will lead to unprecedented casualties 

Unprecedented casualties from what? The trials have had over 100k participants and not a single person has died. 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Unprecedented casualties from what? The trials have had over 100k participants and not a single person has died. 

None will probably die, it is more about long lasting, permanent  side effects

@Ananta thank you for sharing.

Another thing that really bothers me is how vaccine companies have a separate court. The way they conduct their legal ventures are very fishy. I'm willing to bet that they have paid off many people to stay silent about vaccine injuries & the mainstream will never hear. 

"Remember the swine flu scare of 1976? That was the year the U.S. government told us all that swine flu could turn out to be a killer that could spread across the nation, and Washington decided that every man, woman and child in the nation should get a shot to prevent a nation-wide outbreak, a pandemic.

Well 46 million of us obediently took the shot, and now 4,000 Americans are claiming damages from Uncle Sam amounting to three and a half billion dollars because of what happened when they took that shot. By far the greatest number of the claims - two thirds of them are for neurological damage, or even death, allegedly triggered by the flu shot."

A transcript from  "CBS 60 MINUTES" - Mike Wallace

Im not posting any of this to create distrust (if your trust vaccines goes away with one incident then your trust was groundless). It happened a while ago and I am sure with the development of so many vaccines, its much more safe and effective although this COVID 19 is the first of its kind. I just want to say and see things as they are. If my ability to survive cripples by not taking this vaccine then I will take it and take full responsibility because I innerstand society is a privilege but to preach "vaccine is safe" as gospel is epistemically incorrect. 

SOURCE: 

Edited by Vipassana

Here is the vaccine schedule in the U.S. They plan to have enough vaccines for health care workers, elderly and staff by March. Most likely, the vaccine won't be available for regular, younger, healthier people until May or later. For that group, there will be months worth of data with a huge sample size of 100+ million people. There should be a good idea of the risks by that point.

It's not like the government can whip up the 700 million doses in a month and make it mandatory for everyone to get the two shots. It's going to be a gradual process over 8+ months. 

Vaccine schedule.jpg

I’m gonna take it as early as I can. If I get side effects, that’s just more time away from work for me!

6 hours ago, Vipassana said:

never say never fool

"Serious side effects are rare, but may include seizure or life-threatening allergic reaction." 

SOURCE: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-side-effects-and-adverse-events

There are serious side-effects to owning a stove. So what?

You're using ridiculous logic. A million people will die without a vaccine. This is not speculation. It's already half-way there.

No technology is perfect. But given the mess we are in right now, we don't need anything close to perfect. We just need something better than 1 million deaths and a 10 year depression.

So far the most common side-effect of the Pfizzer vaccine is like 7% of people get fatigue.

Governance is never about perfection, it's about minimizing harm and risk in reasonable ways. AKA, strategy.

Even if the vaccine killed 0.01% of people, it would still be worth taking. But the vaccine will be much much safer than that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura do you believe that there could be any serious side effects of the vaccine? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura do you believe that there could be any serious side effects of the vaccine?

Of course there could. But you must weight that against the very well-documented serious side-effects of Covid.

The mistake here is considering risk in isolation from other risks. The question is always one of the difference between two risks, not any one risk by itself.

Perhaps the greatest risk of all is the damage to the economy if we do not stop this virus dead-cold within a year. This will harm billions of people. The economy cannot return to normal without stopping this virus. Pretending like the virus does not exist will not work. We can't just will our way back to normal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura do you think that the health department will list down the side effects of the vaccine (without hiding any information) before signing up people to get vaccinated? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.