Ook

Forum improvements?

39 posts in this topic

What kind of imprvements and updates you would want to see in this forum?

Is it possible or is it set in stone? As for me, i'd want to be able to upvote or like replies, so that people know i saw and read their comment, fix notification bugs (i don't get reply notifications) and etc.

Edited by Ook

I want a highlight option in the text editing bar while creating a post. 

It shows bold, italics and underline but no highlight the way you have in Word. Can't highlight a sentence yellow. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Ook said:

i'd want to be able to upvote or like replies,

+1

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

10 minutes ago, Ook said:

As for me, i'd want to be able to upvote or like replies

I dont like that, It would make people just assume that something was correct just because it has alot of upvotes. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Up voting replies actually leads to segregation of forum into biased groups and creates an echo chamber kind of mentality where friends will support their friends on the forum even if their replies were not good advice. 

That feature existed on the forum. And it was removed because it was misused so much. 

I saw the same people liking the same people's replies every time. It gives those who are generally not well received on the forum a bad feeling or isolated from the rest. 

Not a good idea. 

I'm against replies and Reputation points. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I want a highlight option in the text editing bar while creating a post. 

It shows bold, italics and underline but no highlight the way you have in Word. Can't highlight a sentence yellow. 

If you're on PC, you can edit the color and size of the font. If you're on phone, you can use the desktop site to access those options.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 I want to be able to like and dislike posts and threads. 

2 perhaps having roles for members. Kind of like a ranking or points given to members. Not necessary but cool. 

3 fixing the quotation function and the notification functions. 

4 no privilege for mods to edit their posts without a note that it's been edited. 

5 Leo should work on the way he treats members sometimes rather disrespectfully as if they were sheeps in his farm. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I dont like that, It would make people just assume that something was correct just because it has alot of upvotes. 

Yep, it will boost many egos and others might feel inferior.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

4 no privilege for mods to edit their posts without a note that it's been edited.

xD B|

Edited by Member

Instead of upvoting comments, I'd like to see an option of reacting to a comment with an emoji, that'd be awasome

1 hour ago, Ook said:

What kind of imprvements and updates you would want to see in this forum?

Is it possible or is it set in stone? As for me, i'd want to be able to upvote or like replies, so that people know i saw and read their comment, fix notification bugs (i don't get reply notifications) and etc.

Not gonna happen cause we got rid of that option years ago.

There was a thread open for a long time before the final decision was made.

@meow_meow

That would be nice, cause sometimes you just want to post a " xD ", but that ist not worth of a post or pming the person.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Upvoting and thumbing used to be a feature of the forum a while ago. It lead to too many of us being obsessed with likes and nobody reading posts with low amount of upvotes. Short after a chimp-rating system was introduced but Leo removed that short after. As a form of nostalgia I haven't changed my pic since then. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I want us to have a protocol for trolls

Say I identify a troll. What should I do?

I think upvotes suck, its a language for people with no vocabulary, it seems. 

The Internet shouldn't be a popularity game. That's just my two cents tho. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Arcangelo

16 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I want us to have a protocol for trolls

Say I identify a troll. What should I do?

I did just that a while ago with a user, but that somehow got misunderstood as me being aggressive and I got warned. I was being friendly and light heartedly pointing out their hypocrisy.

I also want to be able to ignore posts about mods. Mods can still message me, but it would be nice to choose which mods to read posts from and not, because in the past, not naming, but one had an aggressive intrusive writing style that sometimes borders on harassments and was on the receiving end of that.

Edited by Danioover9000

I would like UI change, a spread view of all the 10 latest posts from every category, this way i dont need to click into a category to see the posts listed. It could look like a page filled with blocks, containing lists. 

Would probably do an entire site UI update, its bit outdated. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

The forum is external software, I doubt leo can program it

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@meow_meow It'd be just like Facebook / messenger. I know a lot of students are into it but I feel like it'd be quite mediocre lol

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Leo I think we need more of those "...example" threads. But more democratic, like people setting up a lot of those, as in in-depth discussions of culture such music and paintings and maybe literature with dozens of people. We have a politics section of that, so why not do it with art too? I think that would be very interesting to see. We have better thread design than Reddit too, so I think it has potential to be great. 

Yeah actually I think a forum section dedicated on that would be astonishing ;)

Edited by Megan Alecia

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I can only click on the last page of a thread. So if I stop reading and you guys move on when I come back I lose this. 

Screenshot_20201024_200002.jpg

It would be nice if I could open a thread at least one page before the last one so I know where I stopped. 

Maybe when you finish a page the boxes with numbers change colors. 

These ones. 

Screenshot_20201024_201113.jpg

Oh and of course we need the mighty dark mode. 

Edited by Opo