Tim R

Gabor Maté on J. Peterson

39 posts in this topic

Jordan Petesron is a freaking cartoon character.

What does that say about his followers?

What does that say about his critics?

He is mentally ill. 

It's not enough to have compassion for the guy, people need to ignore him as it only makes his problems worse and people who have actually done the inner work and are ready to step up to be leaders for those drone followers ought to continually step up where they can.

6 hours ago, Tim R said:

Excuse me, but since when do you have to be infinitely conscious to (at least partially) understand and integrate your shadow? This is ludicrous.

You can work on it of course.

But you cannot fully do it without infinite consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Tim R said:

Excuse me, but since when do you have to be infinitely conscious to (at least partially) understand and integrate your shadow? This is ludicrous.

The shadow is also infinite, so the only remedy is infinite luminosity ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The point that he is an agent of repression really resonates with me, particularily when I look at my own experiences in that domain. When you repress your emotions, the way you speak and move makes you come off as uptight, uneasy and confused, or sometimes just numb. You can really feel it in his voice and bodily expressions that his energy is not allowed to flow properly.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Have you not realized yet that talk is cheap?

JP cannot know what shadow is because he isn't infinitely conscious.

Parroting psychological theories will never be enough to substitute for consciousness work -- which he obviously isn't doing because he's created a career out of fighting his shadow. Pays well to punch yourself in the face. But not so good for mental health.

If JP ever understood what he is really doing, he would have an existential crisis that would make his benzo addiction look like cake. He'd be so disgusted with himself that he'd want to kill himself. And the only thing that would save him is Love.

Sure.

@Tim R

8 hours ago, Tim R said:

Yes it is. Realizing infinity is like winning the lottery. At the end, it's a few with access to infinity that will gauge all shadow selves and go much deeper, will the many will have to work with what they have in a spiral.

What a great analysis of Jordan Peterson in 4 minutes. This man sees what's beyond the surface, which not everyone can do. There's anger in Jordan Peterson. There's also a lack of consistency, probably unconscious, on how he bashes communism for its bloody past but does not for Christianity for the exact same reasons. I'll add capitalism has a lot of blood in its hands as well and not in the past precisely.

I used to like Jordan Peterson.  But he is all style no substance.  Great for people who are in stage orange.

3 hours ago, Hatfort said:

here's also a lack of consistency, probably unconscious, on how he bashes communism for its bloody past but does not for Christianity for the exact same reasons.

When Dr Maté mentioned this hypocrisy I started laughing because I actually never thought of that analogy. Just brilliant.

On 21/10/2020 at 0:56 PM, Leo Gura said:

fighting his shadow

In your opinion, where do you draw the line between conscious criticizing and shadow projection? One has to criticize by understanding that everything is perfect as it is?  

3 hours ago, Brivido said:

In your opinion, where do you draw the line between conscious criticizing and shadow projection? One has to criticize by understanding that everything is perfect as it is?  

The ultimate truth is that all judgment and criticism is pure delusion and ignorance.

Criticizing anything in reality is idiotic because reality is Absolute Love. It cannot be anything better nor can it be different.

The only reason anyone criticizes anything is because their perceptive is too small.

11 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@Leo Gura if someone asked if you were enlightened, how would you answer?

It's a word with no objective meaning.

No two people have the same level of consciousness. To assume so is childish.

Consciousness expands infinitely.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

If JP ever understood what he is really doing, he would have an existential crisis that would make his benzo addiction look like cake. He'd be so disgusted with himself that he'd want to kill himself. And the only thing that would save him is Love.

His benzo addiction probably caused that very existential crisis.  Benzo's are existential nightmare in a pill if you take them long term.  Go look at JP's podcast with his daughter that details his detox from them.  JP's experience was the stuff of nightmares.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

Every Marxist he rails against is his own shadow and it's obvious to any spiritually advanced person.

Jordan Peterson is depressed because he doesn't know how to integrate his shadow. He doesn't understand that emotions must be experienced, not repressed.

Jordan is too emersed in rationality.

Any type of emotion has to be processed in a detatched manner, not negated or repressed.

ZEN is the answer.

You, the one who's reading this, be the master of every situation.

Me on the road less traveled.

28 minutes ago, The Don said:

Any type of emotion has to be processed in a detatched manner, not negated or repressed.

Not in a detached manner but in an embodied manner.

Yea some of those antidepressants are nasty stuff. I know that klonopin withdrawals can kill. It's a good idea to never even try the stuff. Just living with the anxiety as hard as it is, is better than taking meds for it. I've suffered from extreme anxiety since I was 12 and they had me take sertraline and then stopped taking it cause it kind of leveled out. But yeah, some of those pills can be nasty stuff. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary