seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok, cool ... thanks! I will try that.

I discovered too, that it is easier to remember a dream going backwards. Instead of thinking "what was the dream about?" and try to remember it from the beginning it is better to go from what you remember and then go backwards. Ask yourself "what happened before that?"

I could remember a lot of dreams that way, but not this time...

Thanks for the tips!

^_^

Yes you are absolutely correct about that, especially if that's what works for you!! Great job. So when you can remember at least one dream per every couple nights, without strain, come back and we'll build on that. 

That'll be three hearts and a wink, thank you. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Last night I dreamt that Biden won with 100%
Make of that as you will??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Flexible said:

Throughout the day I will use a thought "am I dreaming" substituted with checking my left hand (I have yellow wristband in my left hand). Would this be a decent habit?

That's great, but definitely bare minimum. Do you have something that triggers this question? That's what I can help you with. What you are currently doing will attract the same in a dream, but if you can anchor it to a reminder or particular scenario, the chances of it manifesting rise exponentially. So a few examples : every time you pass through a door... stop, check into NOW, and perform your favourite reality check. Pick one or two and stick with them. Don't stop until you are certain you are not 'dreaming' (body - sleep dreaming). Then, you are more likely to ask yourself if you're dreaming when you pass through a door in a dream. That's an extreme example, depending on how many doors you go through in a day, but dedication to it would catapult your chances of asking yourself if you are dreaming, while dreaming. 

Remember, reality checks are useless if you don't remember to use them. Perhaps you spontaneously remembered to ask yourself, but how many times does that really happen? 

Other reminders could be asking yourself if you're dreaming every time you see the sky, or set reminders on your phone or smart watch. There's apps for that too. And for recording dreams. 

I have a coin that you carry in your pocket, and every time you feel its presence you take it out and look at it. On the coin it says "am I dreaming?" 

I really need to start using it again... 

Also, I suggest counting the fingers of your left hand. It's too easy to be dreaming and think the pink sparkly band is perfectly normal, and that's what you're looking for, and you completely fail the reality check. But it's much harder to forget that you should have five fingers. 

Alright so I will start with something easy at the beginning. When I hit a goal, next time I will set more difficult goal, -progressive overload- like in weightlifting :D . For example, is flying good goal to start with?

Exactly. Or random but meaningful goals works too. Sure you could go straight to flying. If you need tips, I often teach dream characters to fly. I've been flying in non lucid dreams since a kid. Honestly I rarely fly when lucid because I lose myself quickly and am once again a dream character pretending to be @seeking_brilliance . But maintaining lucidity while flying would be an excellent exercise. We could call it soul exercise, or whichever phrase resonates best for you. You should tailor any of this information until it's completely yours.

We will find discrepancies in the things I teach you, and that's perfectly natural. Someone else may resonate more with your experiences. Make this your own. Be Flexible. 

Other good newbie goals could be building dream skills, like remembering to rub your hands together when the dream is fading and to verbally remind yourself that you are dreaming in order to maintain lucidity for stronger periods of time. Then can try things like opening a door to a new place, summoning someone, or flying to a new planet. 

In case of journaling, how accurately should I journal my dreams? For example is enough to just write down bullet points of the dream? Or write down everything I remember?

As much detail as possible, but you may come to a time when bulletpoints bring back the full story to mind, at any given time. You need to work on memory skills, and there's lots of smartphone apps to help with that. 

Yes! This makes lot of sense. I have never tried sleep fasting. Recently Iv´e been searching stuff about to dark room retreats, so yes no artificial light close to bed time makes perfect sense. Maybe I have to even give a try for whole day in dark room.

I have toyed with the idea of a dark retreat. I think it'd be better equipped once I master some good breathing techniques for trance and meditation. 

Well that will be soon almost the whole day here hahah

Wow where are you calling from? The apps that do this will at least help simulate a healthy light luminosity, especially if you are not naturally getting it outside. Take that with a grain of salt, since you may need to research if it still screw with you sleep cycles. Otherwise just turn blue light off completely. 

13 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Last night I dreamt that Biden won with 100%
Make of that as you will??‍♂️

Lol I was so sure of that for Hilary though... It was very sobering, and I'm on guard a bit this time. Also, please add dream reports to our community dream journal thread :

However, if you have a question about how your dream about Biden winning could have triggered the question if you are dreaming, we can discuss that here. And it's nearly free! 

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes you are absolutely correct about that, especially if that's what works for you!! Great job. So when you can remember at least one dream per every couple nights, without strain, come back and we'll build on that. 

That'll be three hearts and a wink, thank you. 

Ok, cool... thanks!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@seeking_brilliance Thanks again, very profound tips sir :x

That "door trigger" sounds good. I will do some research and try to figure which triggers and reality checks resonates with me. In past I have tried "trying to push my finger through my hand", I managed to try this in dream, but the finger didn't go through the hand lol :D 

Now, it's time to get work, I can keep you updated on that other thread ;)

Make this your own. Be Flexible. 

hahah good one :D 

Wow where are you calling from?

Not too far from 66.5436° N, 25.8472° E, it will be a natural dark retreat for next few months hahaha 

I found this magazine online, maybe you knew about it! Anyway, here it is!

http://luciddreammagazine.com/

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Haha yes I have a dream report somewhere in there but can't find it at the moment. 

Oh, cool... hehehe...

They have in the magazine in the last page a ton of very useful links, really interesting magazine. I downloaded the PDF.

Edited by abrakamowse

On 26/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, Flexible said:

In past I have tried "trying to push my finger through my hand", I managed to try this in dream, but the finger didn't go through the hand lol

This is a very common thing. Using physical barriers to test dreaming can be very tricky, and I'm not sure why it's so popular. My two favourites are counting fingers and holding my nose and seeing if I can still breathe. 

The dream is like an ego. It's very cunning and will try every chance it gets to trick you and lull you back to sleep. You have to outsmart it. 

I just found another interesting website!

http://www.lucidity.com

@Display_Name @electroBeam

On 27/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, abrakamowse said:

Love the dream bugs ❤️❤️?

?

@electroBeam @Member @Michal__ @dflores321 @Preety_India @SoonHei@abrakamowse @Flexible @Display_Name@Shin@Keyhole

Random check in: are you dreaming, right NOW? 

On 27.10.2020 at 10:49 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

This is a very common thing. Using physical barriers to test dreaming can be very tricky, and I'm not sure why it's so popular. My two favourites are counting fingers and holding my nose and seeing if I can still breathe. 

The dream is like an ego. It's very cunning and will try every chance it gets to trick you and lull you back to sleep. You have to outsmart it. 

Did not know that is common wow, so ego is so deceivable it can trick even while dreaming in a dream, damn such a sneaky bastard

Alright, I will stick with counting the fingers, lets see how that goes. 

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Random check in: are you dreaming, right NOW? 

yes and no :D

Edited by Flexible

Reality check!!!

Done!

:P

I think we should seriously consider a local Actualized.org meetup in the astral realm.  ;)

What I experienced goes beyond words. It’s like you’re an immovable screen and the world appears within you.

Thats why you can’t see your own head in your direct experience.

Instead you have the world.

You can’t unsee it once you do. ☺️

Of course. You’ve never gone anywhere, ever. You’ve just been witnessing colors, shapes and sound shifting in your consciousness.

That is what they call the illusion of “Maya”. 

Whats even more amazing is that if I asked you right now to close one of your eyes, and then ask “what is behind you”? You cannot are what is truly behind you, because if you turn your body the visual field is still in front of you LOL.

What is behind you is pure nothingness. And that’s what you are.

You’re literally a magical being. Magic is real, that’s how reality was constructed.

That should help.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

59 minutes ago, Consciousone35 said:

I would love to lucid dream sometime 

Do it, it's amazing :)

Opens your mind so much too :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Consciousone35 hello there, we are happy to assist. 

Here's some questions to start :

Do you have vivid dreams on a regular basis? 

Have you had a lucid dream before? 

Why do you want to lucid dream? 

How much work are you willing to put into lucid dreaming more frequently, or even on demand? (advanced techniques)