seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I did it some nights ago, I know about the technique. And I woke up like at 5:00 am and then I said I am going back to sleep to see if I can have a lucid dream, but I couldn't sleep anymore Lol...

How long did you stay awake? It works best for me if I stay up and watch one or two episodes of a TV show, and then I will get sleepy again. When you start to feel sleepy again that's the perfect time. Once you return to bed you can attempt WILD by meditating your way into a dream, or just go to sleep and there will be a high chance you will get lucid. If doing the second option, try to repeat to yourself "when I am dreaming, I know I am dreaming".  It's not necessary, and don't do it if it will keep you awake. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@abrakamowse When I am in a lucid dream I become hyper aware and I am in between dream and waking up, and I make the transition of waking up extremely slow and keep my eyes closed... I usually end up in a sleep paralysis by then (usually people panic in this state), but I keep calm and I slowly start moving out of my body, it can take some time. Then when I am out of my body I open my eyes and start walking lol, simple as that

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Can someone explain what is this :

Before waking up, I sometimes am in a sort of between world reality.

I try to get up but can't entirely, I can move and try to exit the room (that's the best I can do) and then I am again lying in bed.

This can happen in a loop for a long time.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

How long did you stay awake? It works best for me if I stay up and watch one or two episodes of a TV show, and then I will get sleepy again. When you start to feel sleepy again that's the perfect time. Once you return to bed you can attempt WILD by meditating your way into a dream, or just go to sleep and there will be a high chance you will get lucid. If doing the second option, try to repeat to yourself "when I am dreaming, I know I am dreaming".  It's not necessary, and don't do it if it will keep you awake. 

Ok... I will try that. ILYK. :-)

1 hour ago, QandC said:

@abrakamowse When I am in a lucid dream I become hyper aware and I am in between dream and waking up, and I make the transition of waking up extremely slow and keep my eyes closed... I usually end up in a sleep paralysis by then (usually people panic in this state), but I keep calm and I slowly start moving out of my body, it can take some time. Then when I am out of my body I open my eyes and start walking lol, simple as that

That's awesome. I didn't know there was that connection between Lucid dream and Astral Travels. I tried to do Astral travels with no luck. Maybe if I can control my lucid dream more I will give it a try.

I used to have a lot of times sleep paralysis as a child, I didn't know what it was like now. I got scared too, but immediately I got a thought that my body was still asleep while my mind wasn't so I just have to stay quiet until my body wakes up lol... and it always worked! I had sleep paralysis many times as a kid...

1 hour ago, Shin said:

I try to get up but can't entirely, I can move and try to exit the room (that's the best I can do) and then I am again lying in bed.

Maybe you are having also some kind of astral thing? Like @QandC just mentioned?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 hours ago, Shin said:

That's a "false awakening".

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

That's awesome. I didn't know there was that connection between Lucid dream and Astral Travels. I tried to do Astral travels with no luck. Maybe if I can control my lucid dream more I will give it a try.

They're the same thing.  Both are just "a non-physical reality", only difference is the awareness level connotations.

While LDs are technically the easiest approach, I wouldn't recommend investing in a "luck" based technique.

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok... I will try that. ILYK. :-)

I used to have a lot of times sleep paralysis as a child, I didn't know what it was like now. I got scared too, but immediately I got a thought that my body was still asleep while my mind wasn't so I just have to stay quiet until my body wakes up lol... and it always worked! I had sleep paralysis many times as a kid...

Maybe you are having also some kind of astral thing? Like @QandC just mentioned?

Ahah, pray not to have loops of several lifetime xD

A false awakening is a vivid and convincing dream about awakening from sleep, while the dreamer in reality continues to sleep. After a false awakening, subjects often dream they are performing daily morning routine such as showering, cooking, cleaning, eating, and using the bathroom. False awakenings, mainly those in which one dreams that they have awoken from a sleep that featured dreams, take on aspects of a double dream or a dream within a dream. A classic example is the double false awakening of the protagonist in Gogol's Portrait (1835).

Lucidity

A false awakening may occur following a dream or following a lucid dream (one in which the dreamer has been aware of dreaming). Particularly, if the false awakening follows a lucid dream, the false awakening may turn into a "pre-lucid dream",[1] that is, one in which the dreamer may start to wonder if they are really awake and may or may not come to the correct conclusion. In a study by Harvard psychologist Deirdre Barrett, 2,000 dreams from 200 subjects were examined and it was found that false awakenings and lucidity were significantly more likely to occur within the same dream or within different dreams of the same night. False awakenings often preceded lucidity as a cue, but they could also follow the realization of lucidity, often losing it in the process.[2]

Loop

A false awakening loop is when a subject dreams about waking up over and over again, sometimes even up to 10 times or more without knowing which time they are actually awake.[3] At times the individual can perform actions unknowingly. The movie A Nightmare on Elm Street popularized this phenomenon. This phenomenon can be related to that of sleep-walking or carrying out actions in a state of unconsciousness.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakening

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

12 minutes ago, nitramadas said:

They're the same thing.  Both are just "a non-physical reality", only difference is the awareness level connotations.

While LDs are technically the easiest approach, I wouldn't recommend investing in a "luck" based technique.

Ok, you mean that is better to try Astral Travels when meditating or focusing only in it and not so much while lucid dreaming?

What are the best technniques to do Astral Travels? And some people talks about dangers of meeting with low energy entities. Is that possible?

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok, you mean that is better to try Astral Travels when meditating or focusing only in it and not so much while lucid dreaming?

The only real technique for LDs you should be doing is affirmations.  That will get you your LDs, but only while you're still excited.  Then nothing, and you'll forget about it.  All LD efforts should be supplementary.

What are the best technniques to do Astral Travels?

Sure.  Here's the best technique you'll ever find: 

Part 1:  Relaxation (Physical & Mental) → Concentrated State → Intellect Suppression → Muscle Energy Purge

1. DEEP progressive relaxation.  Starting with the head.  The eyelids, jaw, back/front/sides of the head, absolutely everything.
  2. 1 minute concentration on deep inhales and exhales.  
  3. Another couple minutes of the same, but feel yourself, your limbs getting heavier and more relaxed with each exhale.  Feel the object you're sitting/lying on.  Notice yourself sinking into it like dead weight.  Each exhale pulls you down more and more.
  4. Relax your breathing.  Feel yourself falling.  Place your centre of attention below you.  Allow your eyes to close.

Part 2:  Developing Light-Trance → RAM-Purge → Awareness-Displacement → Auto Heavy-Trance

1. After a couple minutes of falling, point the eyes fully up, almost to the point of pain, then relax them a bit and up again.  Try to find the sweet-spot where they can stay up.
  2. Focus on the mid-brow sensation that pointing eyes up creates.
  3. Become that brow sensation and feel a stable upward motion, forgetting to be aware of all else.
  4. After 30s, scan for any tension, esp. in legs/shoulders/neck/arms/abdomen.
  5. If you have ANY tension whatsoever, spend some more time relaxing and only progress once you can pass the 30s check after forgetting.  (The closer you get, the more the body may want to tense.  If not relaxed now, you'll fail.)
  6. If you have no tension after the check → make sure your entire being is centred on the brow;  relax yourself into the stably, gently rising existence (you) at the brow.  Since you passed the check, trust yourself and trust that you'll have no tension.  You will not be checking again. 
  7. Relax;  know that you're allowing the body to enter sleep.  You're not aware of where it is, or that it's yours.  You just know that your subconscious mind has let go, not caring whether you're right of wrong.  YOU'RE not letting go at this point, you're just relaxing on that specific upwards brow sensationNOTHING else.
    1. (Doesn't matter if you've fucked up, you shouldn't know, as you shouldn't have check.  If you do, just continue if you feel you're deep enough, if in doubt: Quit for now, or just go back a few steps.)
    2. (The eyes don't have to point up, but it does seem to help.  Do it at least initially, then forget about them, but maintain the feeling).

Part 3:  Emergence

1. It's ok if you fall asleep or wake up confused.  Just continue.  (Affirmations help with this).
  2. After 10–40 minutes of just going up without interruption.  If you manage to get to the theta state; stay mostly steady in concentration; and are relaxed enough.  You should be out. 
  3. Basically: Relax, Look up, go up, wait.  That's it. 

Success is mostly dependent on your physiology.  There are a LOT of potential issues that may prevent you from relaxing enough. 

Having studied this stuff for close to a decade, I know basically every single technique there is.  It's not really a technique you need, but an understanding of the mechanisms involved.  This much should be enough detail for now.  

And some people talks about dangers of meeting with low energy entities. Is that possible?

lol, I see mainstream knowledge hasn't evolved much / at all.  The most accurate answer would be far too abstract to explain.  Just know:

"No, that's complete BS.  Almost as stupid as the astral cord idea.  This isn't even just some 'newbie superstition' crap, it's on the same level as the 'flat-earth theory' ".  But I won't bother debating that, I'm many years past such childish debates.  

Edited by nitramadas

If you really want a direct method of lucid dreaming, then it is the WILD technique. This is like meditating into a lucid dream, and when mastered is bacically lucid dreaming on demand. 

I teach the direct and inderect methods as a powerful combo. 

The inderect methods are a style of attraction for lucid dreaming.  I appreciate people's opinions but to rely solely on affirmations is not plausible to assume will work for everyone. This hotline is for personal coaching, where I and the caller will whittle out a plan for what works for them. 

Most likely, all dreaming takes place in Astral, however from the perspective of being a person, LD is like going within and astral projection is like going without, wheras the body and 'this reality' is the anchor in between. We won't get into discussions here about whether there's an in or out or in between. 

14 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

If you really want a direct method of lucid dreaming, then it is the WILD technique. This is like meditating into a lucid dream, and when mastered is bacically lucid dreaming on demand. 

I teach the direct and inderect methods as a powerful combo. 

The inderect methods are a style of attraction for lucid dreaming.  I appreciate people's opinions but to rely solely on affirmations is not plausible to assume will work for everyone. This hotline is for personal coaching, where I and the caller will whittle out a plan for what works for them. 

Most likely, all dreaming takes place in Astral, however from the perspective of being a person, LD is like going within and astral projection is like going without, wheras the body and 'this reality' is the anchor in between. We won't get into discussions here about whether there's an in or out or in between. 

I anticipated this response.  A WILD is just a direct projection technique.  It is a misunderstanding to categorise it as anything other than a projection technique.  It is literally just the mental rundown projection technique.   Calling it a separate LD technique just causes confusion.  An actual direct LD technique would be something like the WBTB or FILD..

I appreciate people's opinions but to rely solely on affirmations is not plausible

What I meant was if you're doing WILD, then you shouldn't consider that a LD technique.  No "direct" LD technique is worth doing, as projections can be accomplished with the exact same techniques.  LDs are inferior versions of projections, you're basically just stuck within your local system in LDs.  

The only thing one should do specifically for LDs would be affirmations.  If you're doing a direct technique, it would make no sense to aim for a LD.  

LD is like going within and astral projection is like going without

We can just refer to the Actualized's perspective here.  You're never in your body in the first place.  I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by nitramadas

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@nitramadas Thank you for your valuable input ?

It's fine that you disagree.  But being passive aggressive doesn't help.

Can be MILD also be considered as a direct projection technique?

Edited by abrakamowse

@nitramadas

Goodness I would never do that ? but since you bring it up... I do disagree... 

Instead of saying that WILD can be used for astral projection, you are saying it can only be used for astral projection.  Unless you just want to go ahead and collapse all dreaming into the realm of astral, which I have no issue with but it's not for the purposes of this thread, then I can say from experience that WILD can also put you directly into a lucid dream. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@abrakamowse

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I like to say it's an (in)direct method.... In one perspective you can say it's direct, and in another you can say indirect.  To put it simply, you are directly attracting lucid dreams, it's just relatively more indirect than WILD method. 

9 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I'd say that falls into the category of affirmation.  Unless you're using it as a meditation, in which case yes.

Edited by nitramadas

Ok, thanks to both!!! ? ?