seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse that's great! If you have some marijuana, smoke some and sit with the memories. More may flood in. 

Cool, I will have that in mind...

And recently they passed a bill in New Jersey (where I live actually) that legalizes marijuana. They are working on how to implement it.

:-P

https://www.inquirer.com/business/weed/election-ballot-legalize-marijuana-weed-new-jersey-cannabis-pennsylvania-home-delivery-20201020.html

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I had a dream again and I took note of it, second time in a row that I remember a dream...

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@seeking_brilliance  Cool. I am writing them, I think is better. Maybe I will buy the same pen that you showed me before.

(quoted from https://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/113253-all-day-awareness-dild-tutorial-kingyoshi.html )

" All Day Awareness, A DILD Tutorial by KingYoshi

KingYoshi's DILD Tutorial

So, I already have a WILD tutorial, but now it seems I am getting a lot of questions about my DILD method, all day awareness, and proper RC technique. I've decided to just go ahead and break down my entire approach to DILD. So, sit back, fire one up, and learn to DILD...the Yoshi way!

General Keys to Success

With any induction method/technique there are three keys to long-term success.

1. Effort - Aside from the handful of natural lucid dreamers out there, the rest of us have to put forth the effort and work toward lucidity. Without that drive, you aren't going to have the kind of results you are looking for.

2. Confidence - This one is as simple as the first. You need to be confident in your abilities. I don't care if you just joined yesterday and literally have no clue what you are doing. EVERYONE can lucid dream regularly.

3. Experience - You don't even have to do anything special for this one. Every single thing you do while practicing lucid dreaming, works toward experience. Just keep practicing and gain experience from every success as well as every failure.

All Day Awareness

So, what exactly is a DILD? DILD stands for Dream Induced Lucid Dream. It is a lucid dreaming induction technique where the dreamer becomes aware that he/she is dreaming, from within the dream itself. DILD success is all about awareness.

I practice a technique known as All Day Awareness (ADA). I first heard/learned of the basic concept for ADA from another Dream Views member here on the site...Naiya. For those of you who don't know Naiya, she has practiced lucid dreaming for many years and has a Lucid Count is well over 1,000. In a nutshell, All Day Awareness (ADA), is noticing and paying attention to the subtle things in life that most people ignore or take for granted.

Lets take for instance, you are walking your dog down the street. Be aware of everything around you. Hear your footsteps against the pavement, feel the cushion in the sole of your shoes contract with each step. Feel the muscles working in your legs as you stroll along, see your eyelids blinking, hear the sound of your breathing, feel your lungs expanding and your chest moving as you breath in and out. Smell the air as you travel through the neighborhood. Does it change? Does every breeze smell the exact same? Feel your tongue as it casually rests on the bottom of your mouth. Every structure around you has a shadow...do you notice them? Hear the pitter patter of the dogs feet, do you hear him panting? Most people hold the leash and walk down the sidewalk completely lost in their thoughts. Most don't even notice the control they are using to power their own legs.

You are sitting at the computer doing math homework. Feel the keys below your fingertips, notice how effortlessly your fingers fly from one key to the next without even having to think about the upcoming letter/keystroke. While you were reading the previous two sentences, did you take for granted the blinking process. What all sounds have you heard while you have been reading this tutorial? What does the air smell like? You shouldn't have to smell right now to answer the question. Have you noticed the shadows of everything around you? How about your lungs? Have you noticed them expanding and your chest moving. Have you noticed the air traveling up through your windpipe, across your tongue and passed your lips?

These are just a few of the millions of small details that the average person takes for granted or doesn't even bother to notice. It is almost like everyone is sleep walking while they are awake. If you don't have good awareness in waking life, how do you expect to have good awareness in your dreams? In about 90% of my Dream Induced Lucid Dreams, I have known I was dreaming or suspected I was dreaming before ever performing a RC (reality check). The RC is used mostly to confirm that I am dreaming. That lowly 10% is from obtaining lucidity due to a particular dream sign or performing a random RC while thinking I was actually awake. (these percentages are estimates and I likely was too generous with the 10%).

At first, you will have to force yourself to be completely aware of your surroundings. The idea, is to try and become aware of absolutely EVERYTHING around you. After practicing ADA for a while, you will start to become aware of theses subtleties without forcing yourself. As you practice more and more, you will notice the subtleties being noticed quite naturally with little effort. Eventually, you will get to where you are no longer practicing All Day Awareness, you are actually living it. It will become natural for you. Once you have reached this level of awareness, the dream itself becomes your dream sign. Every thing you notice within the dream will become you RC. Every dream you have will be a lucid and you have reached the pinnacle of lucid dreaming.

Not only does awareness help strive toward lucidity, but it also helps with recall. As you continue to practice ADA, it will start to carry over in your dreams. Even if you aren't getting lucid yet, you will start paying more attention to the dream environment. Making mental notes of what you see, hear, feel, taste, and smell. This will help make dreams much easier to recall upon waking up from sleep. It will also help you recall more details from your dream. Soon you will be having detailed journal entries that read almost like a story as opposed to a scattered series of events that jump around from place to place.

*Getting Started

Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback. I forgot just how overwhelming ADA can be when you first start practicing. I then realized, I had left out a key point in the tutorial. There are so many things to notice that it can get in the way of your daily activities, possibly causing stress. Stress is not good at all for lucid dreaming. I recommend that all beginners start small and work your way up.

Pick out certain times throughout the day, when you aren't busy, and work on ADA. Take 5 or 10 minutes to notice everything you can. Do this several times during your day. Some days you may be able to practice a lot, and others you may not get as much practice in. Go ahead and perform some RCs during these ADA sessions as well. Once you get more used to the process and it starts getting easier, you can become more frequent with your sessions. It is very hard to keep up the awareness all day long when you aren't used to it. Even now, I am not able to keep it going at all times. I'll get lost in thought, or something else I am doing and realize I was "day walking" again . Performing ADA in sessions will still help loads with your awareness and you can work your way up at your own discretion. Be sure not to overwork yourself. If you start feeling mentally exhausted, take a day off from training. Everyone needs their rest.

When I first started practicing ADA, I did it in sessions like I described above. I worked my way up until it started becoming natural. Even now, I still take sessions to make sure I really notice absolutely everything. Something else I should add...don't forget about the clothes you are wearing. Feel and notice them at all times.

Dream Signs and Reality Checking

Now, picking out dream signs and performing RCs still play a key role in the DILD process. Humor me for a moment.

A live flamingo hat is definitely a dream sign. Even though it has showed up multiple times in your dreams, it isn't even going to be in the majority of your dreams...let alone all of your dreams. If you rely solely on a dream sign for lucidity, you are only going to be able to take advantage of the dreams it shows up in. If you happen to miss it, you never know when it will return. However, if you have pointed the hat out as a dream sign, you have identified a recurring element in your dream. This familiarization with the dream world has added an extra boost to your awareness. Not to mention, when it does show up again, you will have a chance at recognizing it. The better your awareness, the more likely you will be able to recognize dream signs within the dream.

I mentioned earlier that RCs are used more for confirming that you are lucid, as opposed to actually creating lucidity for you. The key function of a RC (reality check) is actually increasing awareness. Whenever you perform a RC during waking life, don't just go through the motions. Prior to performing your RC, take a moment to become aware of your surroundings. Even if you know that you are awake, pretend that everything around you is actually a dream. Finally, perform your RC and see if you are actually dreaming. A quality RC is a RC in which you question your reality.

From above, "pretend everything around you is actually a dream." Whether you truly believe this questioning of reality or not, is irrelevant. The fact that you ARE questioning it, is good enough. The idea is, if you are able to question your reality during waking life, you will do the same in your dreams. Like I said earlier, 90% of the time awareness makes you lucid, not the RC itself. Practicing quality RCs like these, will boost that awareness level greatly.

Dream Journal & Recall Enhancement

Last, but certainly not least, is dream journaling. It is key that you write down every dream that you possibly can. Once you wake from sleep, try not to move much. Just lay there and recall/recap your dream in your mind. Once you have went through the dream, immediately write it down. Keep a notebook and pencil/pen at your bedside. Keeping a dream journal will also help build up your dream recall. If you wake from sleep and only remember bits and pieces, write down those bits and pieces. If you wake up and don't remember anything at all, write down, "Couldn't remember any dreams." Its important that you do this. It will help train your mind to literally WANT to write down something. This will help toward recall as well.

If you want to immediately enhance your recall, you can set alarms throughout the night. The idea is that you wake up either between REM cycles or toward the end of an REM cycle and write down your dream then. Since you are waking up right after they happen, they won't be forgotten as the night progresses (even if they are...you wrote them down ). The REM cycle generally takes a few hours to get started. Once it does get started, REM will cycle through every 90 minutes or so (on average). I started out by setting my initial alarm for after 4 hours of sleep. The next alarm is for two hours later (after 6 hours of sleep). Then i set alarms in 1 hour increments until I wake up for good.

Technique Results

Ever since I first learned of All Day Awareness, I have been practicing it. Twice I took relatively long breaks from DreamViews and simply didn't train for lucid dreaming, but the rest of the time I have been practicing ADA. I have 107 DILDs recorded on the site, but counting the DILDs I had during my time away from DreamViews I am at 150+ DILDs. Like I mentioned before, only a handful of them were because of a random RC. The rest were simply due to my awareness. I am hovering around the 22 lucid dreams per month mark, but I am certain that if I had stayed in ADA practice my entire time, I would be averaging a lucid dream per night by now. I truly believe that with enough practice, ADA is a legit technique for accomplishing lucidity in every dream."

Edited by Michal__

21 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@seeking_brilliance  Cool. I am writing them, I think is better. Maybe I will buy the same pen that you showed me before.

Ahah can't wait for you to consistently remember your dreams.

The best part is when you randomly don't know if you're in a dream or not during the day.

Changes everything hehehe

evil-laugh.gif

PS: Don't go into supermarkets ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

The best part is when you randomly don't know if you're in a dream or not during the day.

Oh my!!!!

I didn't remember my dream today...

I am angry now!!!

>:(

Do you still feel like you are dreaming?

:P

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Oh my!!!!

I didn't remember my dream today...

I am angry now!!!

Do you still feel like you are dreaming?

:P

Not today sir.

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Not today sir.

Ok, cool.

:-)

I heard crazy stories about false awakenings like you said in the r/LucidDreaming in reddit.

Like waking up in the dream and thinking you are in real life... and happening several times in a loop, as you said.

Edited by abrakamowse

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse it will very likely happen to you if you keep going ? just don't be scared and embrace it

That's what I was thinking, the thing is to be enough clear in your mind to keep calm and continue dreaming hehehe...

I only had one lucid dream, and I couldn't believe how real it is... it was amazing and I want to repeat that experience.

I remember in the dream thinking, this is so real that I won't know if I am awake or dreaming. And I also remember controlling some things in the dream, like I was in a bus in the dream and I controlled it with my thoughts. Lol...

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok, cool.

I heard crazy stories about false awakenings like you said in the r/LucidDreaming in reddit.

Like waking up in the dream and thinking you are in real life... and happening several times in a loop, as you said.

Sometimes it can feel like days, probably more.

Hard to say since when you wake up here thinking it was a dream your brain rationalize it to be few hours.

God is love

And God in them

@abrakamowse have you been practicing wbtb?  I also like to set an alarm for 530 ish and use the snooze over the next hour... Can get lots of microdreams that way with high chance of getting lucid

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Sometimes it can feel like days, probably more.

Hard to say since when you wake up here thinking it was a dream your brain rationalize it to be few hours.

Good to know...

-_-

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse have you been practicing wbtb?  I also like to set an alarm for 530 ish and use the snooze over the next hour... Can get lots of microdreams that way with high chance of getting lucid

I did it some nights ago, I know about the technique. And I woke up like at 5:00 am and then I said I am going back to sleep to see if I can have a lucid dream, but I couldn't sleep anymore Lol...

And that day I had to wake up very early for work.

Damn work, is ruining my lucid dream adventures!!!

I have lucid dreams at least 2 times a week. I mean super lucid. I can also create dream characters, I know how to stay in the dream and not wake up (just spin around), I can change my scenery, and I can also convert the lucid dream into astral projection.

Edited by QandC

- Enter your fear and you are free -

5 minutes ago, QandC said:

I have lucid dreams at least 2 times a week. I mean super lucid. I can also create dream characters, I know how to stay in the dream and not wake up (just spin around), I can change my scenery, and I can also convert the lucid dream into astral projection.

That's awesome... how is that Astral Projection? How do you do that? If I can ask...