Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a billion dollar industry of right-wing propaganda and misinformation that's happening online through social media.

How does this industry work?

>@Raphael it works like this. 

4n6eyh.jpg

Misinformation propaganda machine, MPM

4n5aie.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The damage Trump has done and will continue to do is in a sense worse than Bush's Iraq war. Trump is corrupting the entire epistemic framework of the country. And almost nobody understand how serious that is. Because epistemology is not a big shiny object. It's mostly all subconscious and hidden from sight. At least a war is visible, tangible, and has a beginning and an end, and it can be easily protested. You can't protest cancer of the mind and it lasts a lifetime.

Yeah. That's actually, for me, been a source of deeply disturbing realization that we really took an unfathomable step backwards. Basically as a species, and even as a planet. The only upside is that anything can happen, though one could also see that as a downside.

It the past few years I've seen the minds of very good people be utterly corrupted, and it all seems to relate back to Trump. The only conservatives this president hasn't corrupted were already so selfless that practically nothing could corrupt them.

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

This is batshit crazy nonsense that would make fiction writers jealous. Yet MAGA is eating it up since it confirms their pre-conceived views that the election was stolen. Zero critical thinking skills. Actual evidence and rational thinking is irrelevant - any theories of how the election was stolen is readily accepted - even absurd theories like the ghost of Hugo Chavez did it.

If you believe it it's your reality. Selective focus makes it possible.

Thanks for the share.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

This is what worries me the most:

Nothing will convince Fryar and many others here in Sundown - including the town’s mayor, another Patriots member - that Democrat Joe Biden won the Nov. 3 presidential election fairly. They believe Trump’s stream of election-fraud allegations and say they’re preparing for the possibility of a “civil war” with the American political left.

“If President Trump comes out and says: ‘Guys, I have irrefutable proof of fraud, the courts won’t listen, and I’m now calling on Americans to take up arms,’ we would go,” said Fryar, wearing a button-down shirt, pressed slacks and a paisley tie during a recent interview at his office.

More here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fraud-insight/why-republican-voters-say-theres-no-way-in-hell-trump-lost-idUSKBN2801D4

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not the issue. The issue is that he's corrupting the institutions and the minds of millions of people.

People definitely dont realise the impact this will have, I always used to wonder how someone like hitler could get into power and i think we are seeing how right before our eyes. I dont think its a stretch to group him with hitler or other dictators btw, i have no doubt that trump would be cool with a civil war or even splitting up the country 

“If President Trump comes out and says: ‘Guys, I have irrefutable proof of fraud, the courts won’t listen, and I’m now calling on Americans to take up arms,’ we would go,” said Fryar

It seems like most of MAGA still adds in the element that there is 1) fraud and 2) some type of proof that fraud exists somewhere. I'm curious if they need this belief to rationalize their behavior, or if they are just saying this to look somewhat normal in society. It seems like the overton window still demands a narrative that includes fraud and the evidence of such fraud. 

If Trump's narrative was "Biden got more votes - yet it was because of the corrupt liberal media. We cannot let the evil communists take control and turn America into Venezuela" - it would be outside the current overton window, yet I think the vast majority of MAGAs would go along with it. 

There seems to be in a division in the republican party whether actual evidence matters or whether an assumption of evidence for narrative is sufficient. In the past, the vast majority of republicans have been fine with assumptions that evidence exist. Yet this case involves claims of massive election fraud and degradation of democracy. Trump is still manipulating his followers to believe there was mass election fraud and American democracy is at stake. In Trump's narrative, if MAGA gives in to massive election fraud - it means the end of American democracy for them. And it seems they genuinely believe it. Trump is still not willing to say "Who cares about election results. MAGA will be authoritarian rulers of America". He is inching in that direction, yet not that far yet.

I find the FoxNews response interesting. For the most part, they seem to be trying to play a center-right position of "It looks like there was fraud, yet we need to see evidence of mass fraud before we can overturn election results". Trump's team is now moving on to the next stage - to give up on legal battles and trying to overturn state election results (through dismissing ballots, recounts etc) to pressuring GOP legislatures to choose Trump electors in spite of election results. GOP leaders from Michigan are meeting with Trump this weekend to discuss this strategy. So far, it doesn't look like FoxNews is on board without something that could reasonably be considered evidence of mass fraud. My guess is their standard would be if courts decided the "evidence" presented warranted a court case. Yet at this point, the courts have dismissed all cases and Trump's team, law firms have abandoned Trump to save their firms and Trump's new lawyers have withdrawn their claims to avoid the consequences of frivolous claims. They are all about media optics and narrative control. It's encouraging that FoxNews has a higher standard that conspiracy theories are insufficient - there needs to be some credible evidence to back it up. That's a big jump up for FoxNews - on lesser issues they have been happy to engage in conspiracy theories without evidence. 

26 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Trump is still not willing to say "Who cares about election results. MAGA will be authoritarian rulers of America". He is inching in that direction, yet not that far yet.

Is it humanly possible for Trump to really get away with that? Would the MAGAs continue with it? I hope not! That would be really Hitler-ian and overtly fascist.

It is a democracy after all, right? The justices, the House, the Senate, etc. exist. The Supreme Court may not like that situation.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

If you ever need a break, make sure to allow yourself to laugh at the absurdity of it all, and stay strong.

18 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

That's the same thing that a Muslim fundamentalist would say... about Allah or Muhammad...

talking about going full circle.
:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

STOP THE PRESS!!! STOP THE PRESS!!!

If they take out the votes from Wayne County Trump wins in Michigan!!! Let's do it!!!

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

If they take out the votes from Wayne County Trump wins in Michigan!!! Let's do it!!!

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE LOL

@The0Self Lmao!

3 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Is it humanly possible for Trump to really get away with that? Would the MAGAs continue with it? I hope not! That would be really Hitler-ian and overtly fascist.

My impression is that is possible, yet very unlikely. I predict the rickety U.S. democracy will hold - mostly because Trump is limited to brainwashing MAGA through propaganda. Politically and legally, Trump is incompetent. His legal team led by Giuliani has been a clown show. Even GOP partisan lawyers and judges can't go along with it. Trump's own lawyers admitted Trump's claims were false and abandoned Trump. Somewhat legitimate lawyers have been replaced by Qanon conspiracy theorists. 

3 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Would the MAGAs continue with it?

Yep

11 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

It is a democracy after all, right? The justices, the House, the Senate, etc. exist. The Supreme Court may not like that situation.

It's a democracy held together by archaic rules, norms and traditions. For example, each state has it's own election and sends it's own electors that is roughly proportional to the population of the state. The U.S. constitution states that each state legislature appoints electors. Through U.S. history, that has obviously meant the state legislatures appoint electors based on the election result. Yet Trump is trying to circumvent this by getting states with GOP legislatures to appoint Trump electors regardless of the election result. This weekend, GOP legislators from Michigan are meeting with Trump to discuss strategy. Trump will try to convince them to appoint Trump electors, even though Michigan voted for Biden. So far, scotus hasn't showed signs of siding with Trump, yet a couple scotus judges showed sympathy for the idea of giving state legislatures more power over electors. I think they are unlikely to side with Trump this election because it would be too overtly anti-democratic. Yet I think scotus may allow a lot of future disenfranchisement and voter suppression laws in the future.

For now, I'm not sure how much of Trump's strategy is primarily to actually win the election or to strengthen his negotiating hand on the way out. If it looks like Trump can cause severe damage, his poker hand would strengthen for him to negotiate for a pardon / legal immunity. So far, I think Biden's team has taken the right approach. They said they are not motivated to prosecute Trump, yet they also aren't giving a pardon. This would allow the federal government to step aside and let states prosecute Trump. Overall, I think that would be a decent outcome. Yet I think there is a chance Democrats may cave a try to pardon Trump in an effort to appease Trump to leave and "bring the country together to heal". Similarly to Ford pardoning Nixon back in the 1970s

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Later in the "press conference", Trump's Qanon "attorney" Sydney Powell presented the conspiracy theory that an algorithym used by Hugo Chavez to steal a Venezuela election was used to steal the U.S. election. Statisticians discovered this because there were so many votes for Trump that is broke their algorithm. As further 'evidence', Powell said they got a call from an expat in Venezuela that said when he saw Trump's lead dissolve the day after the election, he immediately knew it was the Chavez algorithm - the same thing happened in Venezuela 20 years ago. . . That's how batshit crazy Trump's team has gotten. Not even FoxNews can go that deep into the rabbit hole. 

@Forestluv  They have to begin to act like adults and accept the defeat once and for all...

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@Forestluv  They have to begin to act like adults and accept the defeat once and for all...

Yeah, but how?

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

"if we only count votes for republicans and don't count votes for democrats we won!"