SQAAD

If God Exists Then Why There is So Much Suffering & Evil?

45 posts in this topic

If God exists and he is all loving and powerful then why does "he" allow so much suffering, pain and misery in the world? What kind of God is this?

If you just answer love , please elaborate .

Because any change to it would result in an overall less loving and amazing and meaningful and Good reality. The higher consciousness you attain, the more easily you are able to see this — and that spectrum never ends.

Why is the fact that there seems to be some degree of suffering from your point of view a problem, and how does it conflict with love?

When you really come to "your" answer, then ask yourself, does your belief line up with Reality or is it just a belief?  You may then ask what is Reality.  Good exactly, you don't know....yet.  So be open and let go of this preconceived idea of god and the question.

Its fine if you want to keep the old belief and keep seeing that way, but perhaps you may see that you can drop it, and find out what reality looks like without the belief for a while, maybe learn and see something new.

You can always come back to your previous belief if you want.

God allows it to itself. There are no one here but God. You don't exist as you think you do. You are God. 

God, or should I say 'I', creates apparant suffering to itself to contrast my own infinite love with something I perceive as not-my-infinite-love, even though it is ultimately seen to also be infinite love. This "apparent contrast" of Good-Evil, Peace-Suffering, Love-Hate is needed for God to see itself. 

It is all, absolutely speaking, God/LOVE/GOOD though.

Let me put it another way: If there only exited pure 100% Goodness on this planet -- if all human beings were 100% good with no bad/evil in them -- how would any human being know they were good, or what "good" was/is ??

You see, you need something opposite of 'good' to know what 'good' is. Therefore all you call not-good, is necessary for good to exist. hehe;) <3 and therefore it is also - absolutely speaking - GOOD. ! <3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@SQAAD Well, you are God, so why don't you ask yourself why you did it? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

God made everything perfect for humanity, but we rebelled by following our lower nature instead of our higher nature, and thus brought evil upon ourselves.

4 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

so evil must be a part of the picture. 

Evil isn't part of the picture. Evil is an illusion, a misperception of the ego-mind.

I’ve actually had a direct insight into good and evil while on a 5.87 gram mushroom trip. This was also the first time I realized God Consciousness. From God’s perspective (or the perspective of You in higher consciousness), there is no real difference between good and evil. GOD LOVES ALL POSSIBILITIES INFINITELY. Your perception of something as evil is an ego-mind based perception. That is where your problem lies. Continue consciousness expanding exercises like meditation, yoga, tantra, or my favorite -  psychedelics. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

12 hours ago, SQAAD said:

If God exists and he is all loving and powerful then why does "he" allow so much suffering, pain and misery in the world? What kind of God is this?

If you just answer love , please elaborate .

The short answer, as explained by others, is that you, an ego, are imagining that suffering, pain and misery are somehow bad and evil. And relative to you as a separate self, they are! But this is only a relative truth. In the absolute sense there is no bad and evil. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Ask yourself a question

if LOVE is all you had in your life as an emotion for the entire span of your life - would you even feel the need to classify it as love

Love becomes much more juicy when you break into it from a pov which is not loving i.e suffering and evil.

Selfless love always has to create the possibilty of not loving itself knowing it cannot not ever love itself.

And this entire process of suffering and then returning back to itself is just love playing itself out all around.

Love precisely exists - because you could ask the question 'if god-exists-then-why-there-is-so-much-suffering-evil' to yourself and get it answered to you.

Imagine how much more fun it would be than just a plan vanilla version of love that you're thinking about and you want the whole of mankind to be in.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Evil isn't part of the picture. Evil is an illusion, a misperception of the ego-mind.

What if I say the paradox of creating an illusion is itself a part of the picture? ;)

14 hours ago, SQAAD said:

If you just answer love , please elaborate

Not the kind that you believe God to be. God is not some kind of holy divine being that sits up in the clouds and banishes evil. Where does this "evil" come from? Would it exist without humans?

@WelcometoReality

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

Not the kind that you believe God to be. God is not some kind of holy divine being that sits up in the clouds and banishes evil. Where does this "evil" come from? Would it exist without humans?

This evil comes from human selfishness. But if God exists , then he must have designed this way. 

16 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@WelcometoReality

This evil comes from human selfishness. But if God exists , then he must have designed this way. 

God cannot be Love unless it allows you to be selfish.

If God hated or judged selfishness, that would make God evil/selfish.

So by asking God to eliminate selfishness, you are asking God to be a devil.

Only selfish people have a problem with selfishness. Get it?

16 hours ago, SQAAD said:

So that you can realize the evil and suffering in the world and be able to evolve/make the world a better place. It's your responsibility to make that change, God does not partake in any human affairs.

Edited by Member

Same question the Christians have tried to answer for millennia.  Why else would they develop the concept of Satan? Surely God couldn't allow evil, it's all Satan's fault! But... God made Satan and let him loose on the world, how strange... 

And then of course if someone dies in a car crash, or of cancer, they just say... Well, God just called them home early. ? 

This question can't be answered with logical thinking, at least not without huge recontextualization

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay