Chumbimba

Help me get out of my head

34 posts in this topic

I have been  meditating for almost 4 years (on and off) but my min still swallows me in imagination and concepts. Any techniques I can do to ground myself in reality ?

What IS Reality? 

Edited by WHO IS

Try to provoke the end of your mind: think about what happens to the mind after you die. Where do you go after you die? What is outside the universe? What is nothing? What is infinity? What existed before you were born? What existed before the universe existed? What is inside of an atom and what is inside of that?

By the way, you should meditate everyday :)

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Chumbimba Don't let the mind fall into concept and imagination bubbles, just observe it the bubble of thought arising and passing in you awareness without being engulfed by it.

8 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

I have been  meditating for almost 4 years (on and off) but my min still swallows me in imagination and concepts. Any techniques I can do to ground myself in reality ?

what technique are you using? 

Focus on what is actual. Feel into the sensations around you and only that.

Describe a thought.

Focus on feeling without labeling.

Move. Dance. Be Creative. Exercise. Walk. Interact. Talk. Listen. 

Take naps often :)

Walk A LOT. And while walking make a point to constantly stay in the present moment experience especially the feelings in your body, and especially in your chest and stomache and face.  You can do any technique for as long as you want but if you just want to get out of your head and be present this will do the trick, guaranteed.  The first step you take won't instantly save you, you have to walk for a while and keep at this practice.  Breath very deeply and work through the emotions that come up.  Good luck :)

@Mulky Beware of spiritual OCD though with these types of techniques :). It can quickly turn itself against you in my experience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Chumbimba where are you in the brain?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

It's not about how many years you meditate. Find the tools which work for you. Realize who you are ?

Some tools:

* shamanic breathing 

* clean diet

* cold shower

* meditation 

* 121 sessions with 'teacher' 

* psychedelics

* yoga

* singing 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Chumbimba try to do concentration practice for 5 - 7 minutes before meditating ....

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

Sometimes going in the opposite direction of avoiding imagination and concepts works. Daydream, read novels, fantasize about things, make ridiculous jokes, laugh. At least that way you are deluding yourself that it's all real and serious. It also seems to nurture a sort of hunger and relentless desire for what's "true". Whatever that is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

Don't get out of your head, get fully in it / inhabit it. 

Edited by Dodo

Free yourself from attachment; Free yourself from fear; Free yourself from desire; Take deep breaths through the diaphragm and train that muscle; Meditate and meld with reality; Never skip spirit day 🙏 🤲 Don't have enemies, they are you.

@James123 with that question I almost turned into mooji xD,

I realized i need to go deeper into my head and investigate more. I will be posting a post shortly asking on how to do that :) 

1 hour ago, Chumbimba said:

I realized i need to go deeper into my head and investigate more. I will be posting a post shortly asking on how to do that

Here where we start: Help me get out of my head! Question is:  What is that in your head? Where is a bug?

1 hour ago, Chumbimba said:

@James123 with that question I almost turned into mooji xD,

I realized i need to go deeper into my head and investigate more. I will be posting a post shortly asking on how to do that :) 

next time you try to do this, just notice that there is awareness of the whole process of going into the "head" that happens without trying to do it.  let in that there is a part of you that is aware, even when your not trying to be aware, thats aware of hearing before trying to hear, smell before trying to sniff and smell, seeing without having to questioning into what your seeing.... isn't that interesting, let it hit you, dont solve it, but its there.......

From what I can see, you haven't completely understood your mind yet. Neither experienced an authentical enlightenment experience. After an enlightenment experience, the explosion it creates within, leaves the knower with a permanent knowledge and distance even if it gets half obscured again. 

The only way to go back into understanding is by calming your psychology. Forget meditation by now. One has no idea what is doing when blind/entangled on the level of thought. 

First step is to relax 

Just relax, stop everything you are doing physically and mentally. When the storm stops, the sun will appear to shine again. It is always there. The storm is being fed by your attention unconsciously (pain body/karma). You give more momentum to it and enter into a karmic loop that self-fulfills itself. 

So what I can recommend you is just to stop everything. Start to relax and surrender completely. Dont try to stop, change, think new ones or even watch them. Let them go fully crazy without touching them or even if you touch them dont get guilty of it, just surrender even more to the fact that you got deluded or that you felt guilty. 

After relaxing and surrenderring, do this. I learned it from osho. Make deep slow belly breathing a habit for a couple of days. You will have to be doing this constantly intentionally moment to moment during the whole day for it to become automatic. That will calm the whole system. 

Then, after having applied those 2 fundamentals, you can add a more powerful breathing practice such as pranayama, wim hof or holothropic to force an empty mind state. Because if you start with this practice and don't apply the other 2 first it, the effect will be very short and you will easily get drawn back into the karmic thought loop. 

Also, reduce things and activities that can cause you to get lost again. You have to reduce the mental impressions of the outside world. Stop everything! Try to talk only when necesary. Talking creates karma and makes the mind spin again. 

If you apply this 3 principles for 5-7 days, theres no way there will be a drastic change in your experience. 

Now, supposing your inner experience has changed. You can now proceed to true authentic meditation. Forget all the other meditations out there. The true one is simply about the knower getting to know it self. Seeing the seer. 

For this I strongly suggest you to read this book71It7tqq8oL.jpg

There you will learn how meditation truly works. If you follow along with what is being said and you apply at the same time, it will cause an awakening. Im proof to it, since it was the responsable to causing my first enlightenment experience. And it was in my job, you can already imagine. 

This vid can also help as a bonus

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

That´s curious because "imagination and concepts" don´t sound like something that may trigger you.

Analyze why It is there.

is it a recidivist thought in your mind? are there times off of it?

Is it a history? Are you imagining all the possibilities that could and couldn´t happen in it, even if they didn´t happen?

Make questions to your mind in an open heart and it will be revealed to you.