ivankiss

There is no such thing as "unconsciousness", is there?

137 posts in this topic

@ivankiss By not taking the existence of unconsciousness for granted and being skeptical of it you'll understand it better than most, is the funny thing.  

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

"what would it be like to go to sleep and never wake up?"

and

"what would it be like to wake up after never having gone to sleep?"

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

39 minutes ago, Pookie said:

You are only ever conscious. The depth and degrees may vary, but you are always conscious because that's what you are: consciousness. Ignorance of consciousness, what you may call unconsciousness, is consciousness playing a disguise, pretending to be unconscious and to not know what it is while nevertheless still being consciousness.

Removing the misconception of there ever really being such a thing as unconsciousness is a step towards what you call waking up from this fictional sleep that consciousness creates for itself. You are still it while not understanding and realizing you are it. 

Imo, for there to be "pretence" or "disguise", there must be a comparison between two qualities or aspects of something. Duality.

How about everything is exactly as it looks and feels right now and it's all self-conscious?

That sounds like a simpler truth to me.

@bejapuskas I feel you. I'm not negating the significance of our personal experiences.

Just clarifying some things to myself.

2 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Meta-Man can’t do that. God wants to imagine you

All the sudden there's Meta-Man AND God AND me And each one has its own will? I thought they are one! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@ivankiss Unconsciousness is a conceptual illusion, as how would one know unconsciousness without a consciousness to conceive of it?

To know something there must be a knower. Otherwise it could not be knowable, but rather an illusory imagination, which is exactly what unconsciousness is.

Edited by Jacobsrw

7 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

There’s only God’s will. God is the master of puppets

I can't help it then. Lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

God is the master of puppets

Master! Master! Where’s the dreams that I’ve been after?
Master! Master! You promised only lies! ?

5 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@ivankiss Unconsciousness is a conceptual illusion, as how would one know unconsciousness without a consciousness to conceive of it?

To know something there must be a knower. Otherwise it could not be knowable, but rather an illusory imagination, which is exactly what unconsciousness is.

?  ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

So we are waking up from thought is what we're doing. 

Does thought = unconsciousness?

Are thoughts conscious?

17 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Master of puppets are pulling your striiings ??

Well as some wise man said it creates for me. (so arrogant boyo) 

(wise man doesn't wear clothes, same as me, no wonder I like him so much also my dog doesn't wear clothes and I like to see her too without clothes) 

Conclusion.... Clothing is source of all human devilry. 

Oh boyo I am new Marx. 

Will write new commie manifesto. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

5 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

So we are waking up from thought is what we're doing. 

Does thought = unconsciousness?

Are thoughts conscious?

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well as some wise man said it creates for me. (so arrogant boyo) 

(wise man doesn't wear clothes, same as me, no wonder I like him so much also my dog doesn't wear clothes and I like to see her too without clothes) 

Conclusion.... Clothing is source of all human devilry. 

Oh boyo I am new Marx. 

Will write new commie manifesto. 

Everything is consciousness. Just think that if consciousness is not exist, how can you ask these questions? Thoughts are you. All is consciousness. 

Even words are created by human delivery. Lol. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Meta-Man @James123 Would you say thought seizes to be once consciousness shines through? 

Is thought "in the way"?

Is simple consciousness over thoughts the same as pure consciousness or no thought/no mind?

Yes All is Conciousness. Yes it's true will give you that. @James123

Still having troubles finding source of damn thing. 

What's purpose of it? 

Why is it here at all? 

What is Conciousness? 

I mean I see objects are they in it or are they are it? 

Who am I? 

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@Pookie 

@The observer I have never experienced unconsciousness. That's just a fact. Did not say I'd have to experience it in order to know it exists. But I would have to be conscious of it. Which makes it consciousness, only.

Consciousness (Infinity) is beyond language. It's an intuitive meta cognition. Being conscious (aware) of something is not the same as it existing. "Consciousness" is just a label. It's not necessarily conscious (aware). It can be dumb, e.g. a rock, and it can be aware, e.g. a human. It doesn't necessarily have to have qualities (limitations), and it can have all sorts of qualities.

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@Pookie

Would you say that consciousness is the same as existence? 

Of course.

All these questions trigger suicidal depression in me. Have no answers. 

Feeling like rat in maze. Running around and constantly hitting walls and finding dead ends. My head hurts from both. 

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

You are not going anywhere!

Well yesterday lets say for example I was at strip club (she will kill you man) now I in my room drinking coffee. 

Liked previous envoirment way more then current one. I did moved. 

@Meta-Man In my experience, thoughts are very real. Especially fully manifested thoughts, like this cup before me for example.

Once you know yourself as Light, as pure consciousness, nothing is in your way. No good thought, no bad thought. No good feeling, no bad feeling. It's just all seen for what it is. Something interesting happens then. One becomes a deliberate thinker.

Would you say that being lost in thoughts is only possible if one identifies as a thought?

@zeroISinfinity Read with you heart bro. This is all just funny games. Play-learning is fun!

11 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What's purpose of it? 

Why is it here at all? 

What is Conciousness? 

I mean I see objects are they in it or are they are it? 

Who am I?

Purpose is feeling something is different than you. In non duality, everything is you, everything. So you created duality satisfy yourself to feel something other then you. 

You are it. The moment. Whatever you seeing or knowing is you. Everything is you including the body. 

You are the objects, subjects, air, table , your mom and everything . 

You are exist as nothing, and created everything from nothing. Objects are there, but exist as you as nothing. Thats why objects are you, you created from nothingness. 

Additionally, pain of oneness is unimaginable. Can you imagine, the breath you taking is you, your words are you, you cant run away from yourself, this place is all you. Thats why have fun with your life. When you hit non duality, that pain of loneliness is worst than anything that you can imagine. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."