WHO IS

Should life be taken seriously or not? What's the consensus here? ?

19 posts in this topic

Is life this = ??

Or is this = LOL ? 

I think a bit of both. If you are too serious it’s probably hard to have a good time. If you just laugh and don’t take responsibility you won’t improve your life probably.

6 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

I think a bit of both. If you are too serious it’s probably hard to have a good time. If you just laugh and don’t take responsibility you won’t improve your life probably.

Well said ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You should take it seriously in the way of not falling into self-deception and ignorance.

The only thing you have to be "concerned" about really is ignorance and delusion. That´s how an ego is built and alive, see afterwards the disaster it can cause.

From taht point life is meaningless and you are not alive. You step back and let the present moment / God be. Enjoying the view from the backside. (There´s no front side anyways so...better be honest about yourself ;) )

like the others said, balance, if youre too serious youll become neurotic and depressed, too laidback and youll probably die or become homeless

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The more you will love yourself, everyone around you and the engine that imagines reality, the happier you will be. Laziness, fear and anxiety are often ways from which the ego tricks you into avoiding what you really want deep down, and are not always related to the survival of the mind itself. This is one of the reason why the puzzle is so counter-intuitive. Although you don't have to worry about anything. The universe is probably completely forgotten upon death (or some reincarnations depending on how God imagined the ego), but it doesn't mean there is no meaning to it. It's like a self-appreciating collaborative painting.

As @GodDesireOnlyLove said, just take life seriously without caring about it.

Edited by gswva

Hahaha @GodDesireOnlyLove your user pic is epic ?

To respond to your question @WHO IS, for me personally life is not serious at all. Life is uncultured and just pure is-ness. Human experience is the only area one could consider serious, and even that is merely a story created however we so desire.

Human life requires responsibility, effort and commitment. However, we can do this joyfully or sufferingly.

The choice is at our disposal. I recommend that we seek to live like a child with curiosity, creativity, wonder and play, while guiding our decisions like an adult, with independence, critical thinking and freedom.

Edited by Jacobsrw

The key is balance. When it's time to work, be serious. 

When it's time to play, pull out that water gun. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The choice is at our disposal. I recommend that we seek to live like a child with curiosity, creativity, wonder and play, while guiding our decisions like an adult, with independence, critical thinking and freedom.

I agree.

@Jacobsrw Perfect answer, Childlike with joyful maturity summarises it nicely :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I love a statement I heard from Bashar a while back: "Life is inclusive. It's not this OR that, but this AND that."
Every time you think an "or" statement, it's good to remember that.

Life is energy.  We humans  consume energy to consume more energy because we cant maintain energy . We are pretty much done with positive energy  ( apples, tomato ,tree, evan man made farms evan animals and life stock )  What we call humans in individuality, we are simply battery generators  that store different kinds of energy that most doesnt function right and at the end, we die out because there is no more energy left to consume.  And rather its a peaceful way to die or a horrible way taking others with us its what we call Heaven and Hell.  We are not energy . Our true goal should be to become energy.  Its what we call them saints : power generators that produce energy and dont die out ! Should life be taken seriously?  Yes!  But we wont, not the most of us.  The best we can hope is creating extension cords  ( children )

6 hours ago, WHO IS said:

Whatever you do is inevitable. Body is robot, if you try to control it, you will have so much stress. Just let it go! Appreciate what you have in the moment. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

44 minutes ago, annonnimm32 said:

Life is energy.  We humans  consume energy to consume more energy because we cant maintain energy . We are pretty much done with positive energy  ( apples, tomato ,tree, evan man made farms evan animals and life stock )  What we call humans in individuality, we are simply battery generators  that store different kinds of energy that most doesnt function right and at the end, we die out because there is no more energy left to consume.  And rather its a peaceful way to die or a horrible way taking others with us its what we call Heaven and Hell.  We are not energy . Our true goal should be to become energy.  Its what we call them saints : power generators that produce energy and dont die out ! Should life be taken seriously?  Yes!  But we wont, not the most of us.  The best we can hope is creating extension cords  ( children )

And how does one become energy-power generators? THIS is much more attractive for me, then creating extension cords, children.

I take life more seriously than not seriously. 

3 hours ago, Waken said:

I love a statement I heard from Bashar a while back: "Life is inclusive. It's not this OR that, but this AND that."
Every time you think an "or" statement, it's good to remember that.

I've posted the pic below on my Facebook wall almost exactly two years ago. I left it there with the caption (?)

Here's a screenshot:

Upload2.jpg

Edited by The observer

There isn't an answer and there is no one path that should be taken. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi