Leo Gura

Purging Bullshitters

123 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, to be fair, these can be tough judgment calls and my judgment calls are relative. But then again, this whole forum exists in the relative domain and someone has to moderate it.

It's never a pleasant decision to ban someone. I would rather not have to ban anyone. But as I get too permissive people take advantage. Over the years I've found that it's almost impossible to reform a problematic user. I guess that's why society invented prisons.

This really gets to the heart of the matter.  If we ban someone it is really because we hoped we were wrong about the individual and have given them chances to see if we are wrong.    What we really long for here is to awaken others.  That's why i took this job.  That's why i asked to work alongside Leo and the other wise mods here - to try and pass on as much wisdom as i possibly could.  To point you guys in the direction of Truth with the hopes that one day you find it.   The last thing we wanna be doing is kicking people off of the forum.   Yet some individuals are so set in their beliefs that there is no room in their minds for anything else.  They sadly, as much as we would prefer, are unable, at least in their present state of growth, to open their minds.    People who are banned pretty much force our hands and are individuals that really don't wanna be here (aren't ready to be here) anyway.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I'm suprised that people take an online forum so seriously. When you get banned, you don't get bashed, bruised, sent to solitary, even identified. Plenty on here when getting banned just change to a new account (because IP is dynamic so its impossible to ban based on IP). Unless they are attached to their account? LOL. Its like the account is somehow intertwined with their identity. 

Different strokes for different folks. There's power vs force scale. There's several others. While I can guarantee I am ahead of some people, there's lots more ahead of me. If I was to disregard anybody not on my level, I think it would destroy the way and life I am building. There's toxicity and people who should be sacked or best avoided. I do think it would destroy the very thing attempted to build. 

If I decided to only be around attractive people like me or enlightened individuals, how much would I miss out on? 

@Deezeetho we aren't disregarding those less conscious.  It is those less conscious  spreading dogma or their own self deception that could imprint others less conscious and thus steer them away from Truth or drive them into deeper self deception.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura would you ban a racist in this process? I think you should because i have seen racist in your Society forum. Don't you think that's toxic too?

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Any time a person is a banned, the response is always the same: they blame me and they always have a story about how they are right. After that, there is definitely no reasoning with them.

I don't know if my self-importance is getting the better of me, but in case you're looking for me @Leo Gura, I'm right here.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

I don't know if my self-importance is getting the better of me, but in case you're looking for me @Leo Gura, I'm right here.

What do you mean by that my friend? It's very cryptic. You are a million miles from the people I think Leo is chopping off from the vine. In fact I was thinking of cloning you to have more of you on here :D

Rarely came across trolls on this forum. I guess I’m not often here.  

As a relatively new member, I must say that I have been happy with the moderation here so far and the moderators are also pretty balanced and knowledgeable people. 

I could mention other forums, cut from a similar cloth, (khmm, Project Avalon, khmm...) that engage in cultish behaviour and ban people regularly for no good reason, often just for disagreeing with the founder on certain issues. This forum seems to be mercifully free of that sort of nonsense.

7 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I'm suprised that people take an online forum so seriously. When you get banned, you don't get bashed, bruised, sent to solitary, even identified. Plenty on here when getting banned just change to a new account (because IP is dynamic so its impossible to ban based on IP). Unless they are attached to their account? LOL. Its like the account is somehow intertwined with their identity. 

@electroBeam That, and if someone is sitting on a large private network behind carrier-grade NAT, banning by public IPv4 will result in a lot of collateral damage. I'm not specifically familiar with this forum software's API, but if there is a way to combine public IP with some kind of client fingerprinting, it should be possible to ID banned users who are recreating accounts. This obviously wont work if the user knows how to mask their fingerprint. 

If users are using Tor, then the admin simply has to refuse connections from Tor exit nodes. 

Release me.

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

What do you mean by that my friend? It's very cryptic. You are a million miles from the people I think Leo is chopping off from the vine.

I've been vocal against Leo's decisions in the past and openly disagreed on many topics with him.
I find some of his behaviors towards members juvenile at best and aggressive at worst.
I believe that this comes from his false sense of superiority and arrogance common to us, men in their 30s.

That is why I'm highly suspicious of accusations of devilry and purges such as these.
And I do appreciate how difficult it is to moderate an online community because I did just that for many years when I was in my early 20s.

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

In fact I was thinking of cloning you to have more of you on here :D

Oh no, please. It's enough to bear witness to just one me on some days :D.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

But wait...... didn't Leo say everything is bullshit? Hm....

Just to give some context, Leo is banning people who say stuff like "Actualized.org is a Satanic cult and only Jesus can lead to God" repeatedly without budging, not people who say stuff like "You all suck I've done the techniques but it doesn't work", but who then begins to open up when exposed to compassion and some new tools to get them to assess their situation differently. One is coming from a place of single-minded ideology with no desire to improve, the other is coming from a place of hurt and lack of insight but a desire to improve.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

44 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

Just to give some context, Leo is banning people who say stuff like "Actualized.org is a Satanic cult and only Jesus can lead to God" repeatedly without budging, not people who say stuff like "You all suck I've done the techniques but it doesn't work", but who then begins to open up when exposed to compassion and some new tools to get them to assess their situation differently. One is coming from a place of single-minded ideology with no desire to improve, the other is coming from a place of hurt and lack of insight but a desire to improve.

Are you Leo's spokesman? (I'm not being sarcastic here)
Do you have any information that is not publicly available? I'm asking because his posts in the beginning of this thread paint a completely different picture.

Even now I'm feeling like I'm dragging things down by speaking up:

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most of you are okay, so don't worry. It's usually only a tiny handful of people who consistently drag things down.

Here's a different context for you:

On 31.01.2020 at 10:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

I did not assume you were.

I am merely communicating to you guys that you are lazy. You do not really care about truth. You are here dicking around.

Truth is a serious pursuit and it's clear simply by one's attitude who is serious about it and who is not.

This is extremely advanced work we are doing, yet many of you treat it so sloppily. As if this is some CNN debate panel where one can just spew bullshit and opinions with impungity.

You want to understand psychics? Go read 20 books written by psychics. Then let's talk. Show me you're serious.

Edited by tsuki

17 hours ago, Preety_India said:

This is a serious place for serious people.

Uh-oh... lol

Why so serious?

@Apparition of Jack

Even people who have no desire to improve are necessary for us (at least for me). I think there's a lot to learn from victims and closed-minded people. Otherwise, we all should want to become victims and closed-minded for the sake of exploration. Which brings us back to square one.

@tsuki ??

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Uh-oh... lol

I agree with her on that though. Ultimately it is. Doesn't mean we always take it seriously and there is still elements of humour and banter that are needed at times but the whole idea here is to push through our limitations and reach a higher level. 

Put it this way. If someone were looking for something that was not serious they wouldn't stick around here probably? 

Spend some time in the dating and sex section and tell me it's not serious lol 

1 hour ago, Lento said:

@Apparition of Jack

I think there's a lot to learn from victims and closed-minded people. 

@tsuki ??

For sure. Most of us have either been there or are there now. But there are many of these people to go around. We will never run out of them. They are everywhere. So we don't need to worry about any being culled here from this forum and us missing out on learning from them. All you have to do is leave your house and there they are lol. 

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Uh-oh... lol

I want to clarify. I don't mean zero humor. Not serious in the sense of humor and seriousness. But in terms of honesty. 

What I meant is that those who are serious are going to be honest thus not wasting other people's time. Whereas the less serious ones would be those who are trollish and they are simply creating vacuous arguments only for the sake of argument and probably enjoy provoking others with the intention to troll people. They're not serious about self development. 

They are better off trolling on YouTube.

Comic relief is usually better to let the steam off during a serious debate.

So humour is welcome. 

2 hours ago, Lento said:

@Apparition of Jack

Even people who have no desire to improve are necessary for us (at least for me). I think there's a lot to learn from victims and closed-minded people. Otherwise, we all should want to become victims and closed-minded for the sake of exploration. Which brings us back to square one.

@tsuki ??

You made a very valid point that a lot of people missed. You're very creative with your thinking, I've noticed that. You bring a fresh new perspective during a stagnant argument. 

Thumbs up.

That's a great perspective. Sometimes we need people who are off the mark for our own learning. 

But the fewer the better. A balanced mix of highly intuitive and experienced people along with the stagnant people who don't wish to improve is the best salad to maximize benefits. 

Or else the forum will get crippled if it's full of people who wish to do nothing but simply run riot with pointless conversations, absolutely nothing to gain from like for example conspiracy theories and such. 

And there are a couple of people who just do not want to change, I can understand that change is a struggle, I struggle myself so much,but sometimes I wonder if these people hangout on the forum with the desperate need to seek attention out of boredom since they bring nothing new to the discussion and regurgitate old ideas and try provoking people just so that they can feel less lonely. 

That sort of behavior lowers the overall value of the conversations and drags others down as well..

One way  is to just ignore them completely but then if they proliferate it's going to be a problem. 

Then there are people who simply bump their threads with useless input  to get attention. I guess these are simply bored people looking for something. 

Such people as a minority on a forum are no big deal but if they proliferate, it will clog the forum and turn it into a toilet. 

I think my point is clear. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.