EternalForest

What's the best video to introduce someone to Actualized.org?

21 posts in this topic

One of my best friends is very biased against philosophical, spiritual and metaphysical topics. He believes those topics are completely subjective, and not worth exploring to him compared to "objective science".  I'd like to share Actualized.org with him, but I'm looking for a good place to start. I was thinking of this one:

Any other good introduction videos?

agree with @fridjonk

you have to speak to him through orange. that video you posted is actually kind of advanced, you need to have a decent framework to hear that and  that video will probably get automatically dismissed and actually be counterproductive 

he sees the world through science, so helping him find things in his direct experience instead of through the lens of science will help. 

@d0ornokey Good point. What I may do is throw in a few of these questions or ideas in more casual conversation, or start from a more Stage Green  standpoint, (now that you mention it, that video is definitely too Yellow).

There just isn't an easy way to share this content, even though it's the content I would honestly like to share most. I haven't shared it with anyone I know outside of one person, who I was very confident would be open to it from the start and he ended up gaining a lot from the book list and concepts here.

@EternalForest

Trust me, THIS ONE! I just watched it recently and was amazed how he kept the perspective of stage orange materialism in mind the whole way. Fantastic video. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Leo as a video where he contrast religion and science if I recall correctly. Something like: Science vs Religion.

I think it would be a great way to expose him to the fact that science is also just a perspective.

Sailing on the ceiling 

@fortifyacacia3 @EternalForest I recommend not showing any critiques of rationalism or the orange paradigm. I am very much an orange minded person, and although i agree with Leo on the limits of rationalism with respect to spiritual development/self-actualization work, those kinds of videos are annoying and not really effective at convincing people in deep orange (i could be wrong). I would recommend videos about happiness or self-development, because your "objective-minded friend" is much more likely to resonate to with videos that can show him some near term benefit. 

@EternalForest in my experince if they are biased against philosophy, there isnt a video that its going to change their mind.. its their interesent and curiousity towars it that need to change... the second they become curious about the topic.. any video would do the trick

i tried to force this upon my girlfriend myself.. it was such great information that i just knew how many benefits she would have out  of it if she only gave it a chance... but in her owns   "i just dont like leo's voice, i dont know why"

so I went through the touble of sammurazing video after video for her.. (which was stupid because a lot of really good  informatio got lost in that process)

but this didnt help either.. my hours of work ended up in the trash and was compleatly for nothing...so  i learned my lesson

you cant change someones mind.. i dont even try 

so now i am here and she is there.. and now days when i am quite in peace with my own thoughts.. she asks me worried "its somehitng wrong ?" i smile and say "no of course no, just thinking"

or

i listen to her cry, about how onces more she gave in to her uncontrolled anger and screamed at her daughter… and how mutch she regrets its

and  "i dont know what else to do to change it"

so i just listen and express how sorry i am for her situation..

40 Signs You're Neurotic 

How to be a strategic motherfucker

Deep problem of marketing

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Probably best just to show a video directly related to an issue or dilemma they are working through, or trying to figure out. Something that may eventually lead to self exploration, but this shouldn’t be pushed imo because maybe nice and necessary to have a sturdy foundation 

@TheAvatarState That's definitely a Top 10 video for me. Trouble is, at least for right now, there's no way he'd ever sit through a 3 hour video on spirituality. Anything equally as good, but shorter? I don't want to push anything on him, so I likely only have one shot, one video to make an impression.

I'm starting to think that I might be better served talking to him myself and working through some paradigms first before sharing anything. If there's anything I've learned from these videos, it's that people's minds can only change through their own insight and personal experience. I've got enough work to do on myself, I shouldn't spend too much time trying to persuade just yet (although there's nothing wrong with sharing information to those who are open).

7 hours ago, EternalForest said:

I'm starting to think that I might be better served talking to him myself and working through some paradigms first before sharing anything. If there's anything I've learned from these videos, it's that people's minds can only change through their own insight and personal experience. I've got enough work to do on myself, I shouldn't spend too much time trying to persuade just yet

Yup. If he's not open, there's no point whatsoever. He has to show curiosity in something outside of his worldview. 

Show him this. If he doesn't bite, leave it alone :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Smallest topic to only focus your friends problem, then if that is working, I think its a good start.

Edited by yangmilun

Something basic, some of his old vids. Nothing advanced or remotely spiritual. 

5 hours ago, bazera said:

Definitely not this one :D

my favorite of all time.

respect to leo to assume completely being insane on record ( but when you know, everyone is ;) ),

I should have record myself when I was praying Satan to give me his power to defeat my ennemies and then give some dance paces on the floor in a loop.