Leo Gura

Who's Interested In Conscious Politics?

747 posts in this topic

I'm planning some videos on a new topic I'm calling "Conscious Politics". It's a Tier 2 approach to politics and government which aims to go beyond the left/right divide.

Well, interested or not, it's coming, so brace yourselves! ;) Some of it will be controversial & radical, but also inspiring. If you lean conservative some of the things which will be said you will probably deny and react against. But there will also be critiques of liberal ideologies too.

It's a tricky topic to discuss because it tends to polarize and distract people from doing the inner work. And yet it must be discussed. So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Look at you, consciously opening up cans of worms. xD:x

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Life is a can of worms.

Then you die.

Yess i'd 100% be interested in the conscious politics episodes !!! im currently reading one of your books on government on your book list so id defos be interested in that :) 

I have complete disinterest in politics.

So yes, do it.

Edited by Soulbass

That would be sweet for my self survival  :P 

Edited by Tom T

Sounds interesting, I wonder if in a couple of years my country (germany) would be ready for a different approach to politics after the last votes it seems more and more that the conservative establishment is running out of steam and its ideological foundation becomes more untenable in the Post-modern Era. Problem is just most of the voters here are dust old and vote conservatives out of habit. People above 70 years have twice the voting power as those under 30. :( I wonder how it would be possible to reach an older demographic when, they have already made up their minds decades ago. 

@Leo Gura I'm sure the videos would be interesting and popular. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

it seems more and more that the conservative establishment is running out of steam

Don't underestimate them. Ignorance tends to be aggressive :P

I would LOVE this! 

People into spirituality I feel need to have a better understanding at the interconnection between nonduality and politics. I notice a lot of people into spirituality (particularly on this forum) are quite politically retarded in regards to their understanding. If we want a more conscious and awakened world in a way that is both not a pipe dream and sustainable, we need a more conscious politics. 

Theres a reason Sadhguru, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, Krishna, and reknown mystics both past and modern, and have worked with the rulers of their civilization to help bring transformation for those in power in order to bring conscious transformation to the people. 

Edited by kieranperez

@Leo Gura In order to understand would I have to have a strong foundation in unconscious politics? The unconscious aspects of it have been the parts keeping me away (here in the UK).

I'm interested. My knowledge on politics is very spotty. I researched quite a bit during the last election but it was mostly to support who I wanted to win (Bernie) 

I really hope you address balancing the perspective of the collective and individual needs in this. I've discovered it needs a very careful balance. 

Not a bad idea.

If it's what you want to make videos about, you should do it.

Sounds great!  I'll have to send my old Republican Dad a link, lol.  Personally, I follow politics closely in the news and have mostly Democratic views, but I hate the system and feel like I'm giving in if I vote.

Anyone who is fully conscious of politics will no longer be involved in politics.
I promise you that. You can't do it anymore.
But that also means that one is fully aware of the state as such.
Anyone who is fully aware of the state as such will no longer be a member of the great mafia. Or otherwise, he is a convinced professional criminal, of course - about whom I am interested when I have to emigrate.
Go inside. See. Go out.

6 minutes ago, Norbert Lennartz said:

Anyone who is fully conscious of politics will no longer be involved in politics.

That only worsens the problem.

That is like a doctor seeing a broken leg and checking out for lunch.

Just because a task is dirty does not mean it's avoidable. Toilets still need cleaning, and they can be cleaned better.

@Leo Gura Yes, please I can discuss this with a political science major. They learn a lot about history and sociology + statistics. 

Very curious!! 

@Leo Gura

Of course politics can break your leg, but you will not make politics so that your broken leg is cared for.

Rather, you will look for ways that politics cannot break your legs. This is a very personal private matter, even if you give a payment slip to a politician to bribe him.

Doesnt different country have different politics?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Perhaps individual episodes or sections of episodes discussing/sorting out the whole North Korea and Isreal/Palestine situation? Been thinking about the geopolitics of global warming... India/Pakistan, tens of millions facing a lack of water and exponential temperature rises? I fear the geopolitics of the next 50/100 years will be messy as fuck and Humanity's tribes will most likely revert back into a more nationalist and closed of survival tactic. 

I sense you may be more optimistic than me... :)

Mass migration and adaptability has to be part of the conversation of future politics. 

Edited by SoothedByRain
Misspelt word

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa